• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for parchment images to type on.

Oryan77

Adventurer
I have several images that looks like scrolls or different type of parchment, but I'm looking for something new to use.

I've created an entire reference list of equipment that exists in the WotC 3e books. I'd like to get a neat looking graphic of a "menu" that looks fantasy-like so I can paste this info on it and make it look like something a shop keeper might possibly have sitting on his counter.

Can anyone direct me to some graphics of parchment that might have nice borders or something that I could use to create a store menu?

I plan to print it out so my players can use it when they want to buy items.

nedjer

Adventurer
SXC has some parchments and papers which are OK for whatever/ licenced. Not sure if they're what you're after but I'll attach an example.

Attachments

• 432896_93353233.jpg
    432896_93353233.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 3,162

Irondeacon

First Post
I love what Sade does, her homepage is : News , her products are inexpensive, and they're available through EN Worlds RPGNow store portal. Best of both worlds, you support the original artist, and EN World at the same time.

Id Fiat Irondeacon Si

The Hound

Explorer
I found some real paper that looks like parchment in a local art supply store once, but I've forgotten what it was called. I wound up crinkling it up repeatedly and tearing the edges to make it look more ancient. Try calling an art store up and see if they have anything.

For online stuff that you can print out, try the images section of google and search for "parchment." I found lots of different graphics for an online game I was running a few weeks ago.

I found some real paper that looks like parchment in a local art supply store once, but I've forgotten what it was called. I wound up crinkling it up repeatedly and tearing the edges to make it look more ancient. Try calling an art store up and see if they have anything.

Yup.

You can get "parchment" printer paper in at least a couple different colors from most office supply stores such as Staples,Home Depot, etc. The advantage with real paper is that you get cool texture and get to save expensive color ink shading the paper when you print.

Aurumvorax

First Post
Take a black teabag, soak it, then rub it vigorously over a sheet of paper. Dip your fingers in some coffee and mash coffee grounds into a few choice spots to get a really yellowed parchment look. Hang it up to dry.

Take your icons and arrange them in an image with a transparent background. When your paper dries, stick it in the printer and print out the icons. If you want it to look weathered and beaten then crinkle it up and tear the corners and stuff.

A really great and cheap method for creating props. I used to make treasure maps this way when I was a kid.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads