• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

looking for stats of man 'o' war

cmanos

First Post
for those not fully versed in zoology...medusa = jellyfish

not sure if they exist. May want to check Stormwrack possibly. If not, make something up. I thought they used to have stats for these back in the 1-2ed days. I'd go mostly with Strength poisons, but for some like the Sea Wasp, a Con poison would definitely be applicable. Heck....in an aquatic environment, a Str poison would be the death of something that can't breathe water...

EDIT:
Creature Collection 2 has a Blood Sea Jellyfish.
Monsterous Compendium Annual 2 - Jellyfish, Giant - Portugese Man-o-War
Mystara Appendix - Jellyfish, Giant - Maurader, Deaths Head and Galley
Tome of Horrors 1 - Monstrous Jellyfish
Stormwrack - Jellyfish Swarm

Last edited:

ceratitis

First Post
cool thank you very much.
we call them medusa in hebrew and i must be really tired to have completly forgoten about jellyfish :D
Z

p.s
i was thinking about making a whip/scourge which would have jellyfish like effect so i wanted to look them up :)

ceratitis

First Post
MichaelH said:
Manowar? They are Bard 4/Cleric of the Metal God 1/Warriors of the World* 5.

*New Prestige Class

actually if you looked up some info about the real man 'o' war you'll see they eat up the char you stated for breakfast ;)
Z

ceratitis

First Post
its a type of jellyfish, google it. if you're unlucky and get hit by a few or simply cant get away they can take a man down and have done so in the past. the poison paralizes you in addition to being very painful and eventually knocks you out at which point you drown and it feeds :)
Z

Pinotage

Explorer
Question said:
Why would there be stats for a man o war in D&D?

They'd be quite neat while swimming through swarm of them or having to fight a giant one. It's D&D - there are challenges to overcome and critters to kill. ;)

Pinotage

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads