• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for suggestions: FR Evil high-ish levels

Hello all,

I just want to get some ideas, comments and suggestions on what and how to run a particular campaign I've started but do not feel compelled to play. Of course, the logical thing would be to scrap it, but the players have informed me that they really like to play evil characters for a change, and that I have a really, really bad habit of scrapping campaigns and starting anew.

The campaign is set in Marsember (big Cormyrian city) in the Forgotten Realms. The (evil) characters consist in a rogue, a rogue/assassin, and an invoker, all level 9 or 10. I gave the rogue a small-time thieve's guild to run, but it's the rogue's cohort that usually runs the guild while the rogue goes out adventuring.

You'll note that there are no healers in the group. The rogue's cohort is actually a cleric of mask, but he doesn't accompany the group in adventures.

Lastly, all the characters have a hat of disguise, and multiple "personnalities". I admit that I have some diifficulty playing the constant but varying apperances that the players take. Also, with two rogues, a wizard, and the absence of a healer and big fighter type, the party is of the sneaking lot, always hiding, disguised, and/or invisible.

The players have recently explored a forgotten tomb under Marsember, and discovered the Skull of Kazar-ban. They don't know what the skull does. It's the skull of a really old lich. They'll probably re-animate the lich, and work for it a bit (the lich will promise them great rewards if the characters can assist it in re-acquiring its faded power and glory).

I'm looking for general suggestions, ideas, and comments on the campaign as it is. Suggestions are also appreciated regarding the particular composition of the party. Thanks in advance to all who will reply.

TS

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
re

When we ran an evil campaign, our group spent time taking over a mining town and trying to turn it into a powerful city. I also started an evil campaign where the characters were serving a ruling family that worshipped Banites. They were sent to quell a rebellion in a local town where a few Paladins and priests of Torm and Tyr were causing trouble.These are the kinds of adventures I would send evil folks on.

Though they could just be standard adventurers with an evil bent going through the standard types of modules as well. Evil people very often want the same things as good or neutral people, they just have a whole different means of obtaining the things they want.

Numion

First Post
enworldatemylogin said:
Have the cohort fall under the influence of an item one of the guild burglars retrieved, and make the player decide how to deal with the now unfaithful follower.

Yeah, that'll teach them to spend a feat on a cohort.

Remove ads