• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for these two monsters...

Infernal Teddy

Explorer
Hi everyone, I'm looking for the following two critters:

1.) In Planescape there were some strange rats, I think they were called Cranium Rats or something like that - were they ever updated for 3.x, and if yes, where will I find them?

2.) While digging through the books of a friend I read about a race from the Far Realm, that givethemselves form through some kind of black "leather" clothes or something like that. I remember they were wizards that had been changed by the Far Realm. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and, more importantly, where I can find them?

Yours,

-The Infernal Teddy

Nyarlathotep

Explorer
I believe #2 is the Kaorti from Fiend Folio.

#1 is definately Cranium Rats, I believe they are mentioned in either the Manual of the planes or the Planar handbook but there are no stats for them.

GreatLemur

Explorer
Nyarlathotep said:
I believe #2 is the Kaorti from Fiend Folio.
Yeah, except I don't think they wear black leather. I think they wear armor made out of hardened mucus or something, though. I think it might have been to keep the Far Realm from destroying or changing them, so that's probably what he's thinking of.

Voadam

Legend
#2 sounds like the things from Second World Sourcebook, I forget their name though.

I think there are pictures of cranium rats (or something close) in Expedition to the Demonweb Pits and its art gallery.

Arkhandus

First Post
Infernal Teddy: These are both creatures from the Fiend Folio, unmistakeably. Cranium Rat swarms are near the back of the book, and the wizards altered by the Far Realm are Kaorti, which are around the middle of the book.

Remove ads