• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

looking for tips on drawing angels

theRogueRooster

First Post
Hi guys,

I'm no artist by any stretch of the imagination, but I do like to draw, mainly with pencils and charcoal. I have a certain fascination with winged creatures, most notably angels. Can anyone here provide me with tips or links to resources that would help me with the drawing of wings, particularly of the angelic type?

Thanks a heap,
-tRR

Malessa

First Post
I usually go to google.com for inspiration, type in birds or wings. I plan on doing an angel soon myself. Promised my mom I would do a pic for her, I think its her way of making sure I don't totally dwell in the evil dnd stuff.;) Anyway, if I run across anything of use, I'll point you in that direction.:D Let us know what you find and keep us posted on your work!

Oni

First Post
One thing that comes to mind would be to do a search on angels someplace like elfwood and see how other artist attacked the problem, also take look at how the great master's did it, you'll find plenty of angels there too.

ArthurOPodd

First Post
Keep in mind that there are variant angels that look nothing like the stereotype. Remember the christmas story where the angels tell the shepards "don't be afraid"? Why would anyone be afraid of winged babies or cute chicks with robes and wings?

Remember Ezekiel's angel with lion and eagle and other faces attached to wheels within wheels? Angels don't have to be pretty.

theRogueRooster

First Post
I must be losing it. I had forgotten I had posted here, so when I perused the boards today I got all excited. It seemed someone else had been wondering about how to draw angels just like me! He even has the same username... oh. :eek:

Anyhoo, thanks for the tips. If I end up with something worth posting I'll be sure to put it up for your appraisal. If I don't forget...

Thanks again,
-tRR

Remove ads