Looking for Trouble [Orsal Judging][Concluded]

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Rowan McTavish, I have ignored your incredible discourtesy up to this point because you are a Westerner, and Westerners tend not to understand my ways, but you have gone too far. You know of my ways and yet you continue to show nothing but an utter lack of vhal, and you build up zij beyond the point of possibility. Therefore, I am afraid I must ask you to dance. If you do not accept, then I demand immediate zij for your actions. This is not the way you treat other human beings."

(OOC: Well, Rowan is certainly...truculent :lol: I take it from some of his statements that he comes from a culture where women's opinions are not valued--that makes it...interesting)

Last edited:

Heckler

First Post
"Dagobert, take one step towards that keep and I'll take you down myself."

"Rowan, stop being an ass. You're not in charge and you never have been. We work together as a party. If you're not capable of that then leave."

ooc: Frankly, I'm rightously pissed at all this inner party conflict. This :):):):):):):):) needs to stop...now...or I'm walking.

Rystil Arden

First Post
ooc: Frankly, I'm rightously pissed at all this inner party conflict. This needs to stop...now...or I'm walking.

(OOC: For my part, Heckler, I agree with you about the conflict, and I apologise for such aspects in my most recent post, but Lasair is exactly on the same wavelength as Rinya about Rowan just ignoring the girls and giving out commands over everyone's heads, and she's even more upset about Rowan making sexist penis jokes about vhal and generally being condescending and insulting to her person and her culture. There wasn't really much else I could have her say without having her come across as a total doormat after that :(

I wish Dagobert had let us wait and all reach a happy consensus :( :()

Manzanita

First Post
Heckler said:
ooc: Frankly, I'm rightously pissed at all this inner party conflict. This :):):):):):):):) needs to stop...now...or I'm walking.

OOC: Ditto. This is getting ridiculous. Someone do something please. If not, Rowan will.

IC: Rowan shrugs his shoulders, and gestures to the keep. "No one's ever been in charge. We're a team. And at this point, I think people need to stop ordering each other around. Go. Do your thing."

Rowan remains seated. He will not accompany the others to the keep at this time.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Lasair stares at him.*

"No one here has been ordering anyone else around except you. The rest of us are trying to reach a consensus."

"However, you still must repay your zij, Rowan McTavish, before I shall continue, or else we must dance."

(OOC: No one is blameless, obviously, but Rowan has been doing most of the fanning of the flames (Lasair has on multiple occasions let his comments slide in an attempt to continue and keep party unity). Rowan needs to apologise with legitimate contrition, or Lasair is going to walk. Can we please get this together happily? :()

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan addressses Rinya.

"Why don't you all go out there to the keep. If you're attacked, I'll ride hard to rescue you. Every second we just sit here we are making the guards suspicious. We're all on the same team here. No one wants to bring down Sir Revenir and this necromancer more than I do. Without getting into our stupid argument any more, I don't want to go out there where Revenir might see me. Why do we have to sit here like some tribal counsel? Just go!"

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Left with little other option, Lasair says nothing for the moment and looks to Rinya--she expects Rinya to rebuke Rowan substantially for his intolerable behaviour. Either way, Lasair knows that Rinya understands the situation and will not relent to Rowan's bullying. She is content to wait for Rinya to reply for the moment, and her eyes are full of ice.*

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Hmm. Ways to inspire party unity... where'd I put that team of psychotic ninjas? Must be around here somewhere...

ooc2: We've got two players here who have (very apropriately) solid notions of their characters personality, and they are both playing their characters to the hilt. Unfortunately, both PCs are designed in such a way that they tend to be highly anoying under certain circumstances. Can the players please bend the PCs reactions enough to keep the game moving? I know you are both trying, but perhaps you can do a bit more?

[sblock=Rowan]The lack of reaction from the keep thus far is starting to have a calming effect on even the more paranoid party members. Rowan considers the possibility that they've lost Sir Revenir's trail for the time being, and decides its highly likely. He considers the possibility that he may be playing the archetypical role of 'guy who refuses to ask for directions when lost' and that he may start to look silly if he continues in this roll.

ooc: This is a (possibly lame) attempt to give you a RP out for a quick resolve of this issue.[/sblock]

Dungannon

First Post
Lucien watches the party's interactions with a bemused smile on his face. When there's a pause in the talking, he speaks up. "If you are quite finished, I believe it is time we find out what is in that keep."

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: [sblock] I feel bad if I've caused this logjam. Rowan simply felt it was a bad idea for him to approach the keep. He also felt it was important for the group to act quickly once Dagobert had made his move. As a chaotic neutral barbarian, Rowan felt that if the group, or members of the group, felt that they should approach the keep en mass, then they should approach the keep in mass. If Rowan disagreed, they shouldn't insist that he accompany them. He became frusterated as the discussion continued and no action was taken.

For the sake of game continuity, please assume Rowan will do whatever it takes to keep this game moving. [/sblock]

Remove ads