Looking for Trouble [Orsal Judging][Concluded]

Lazlow

First Post
Patlin said:
ooc: OK, at this point I'm assuming that we've got everything patched up and are going to try and finish off this adventure. Lazlow, are you sure Dagobert won't stay? We got a little off the rails there for a while, which is at least as much my fault as anybodys... my schedule's been wacky and I haven't been able to push events along and keep the pace moving the way I would prefer.

Thanks but no. Truth be told, my schedule's crazy too, it's been hit by a tornado of several people resigning here at work (merger fallout), and I'm having trouble just keeping up with my other two games. LEW will always be around, so maybe when things cool down here Dag will wander back this way. Good luck!

Patlin

Explorer
The group rests and gets a start early the next morning. Heading northwest, the remaining adventurers move deeper and deeper into the woods. The groups trackers have little difficulty following the trail of the hunting party, and after five hours you reach an area where it appears a battle took place. Mounds of dirt are displaced in several locations around the battlefield and tracks scatter in a number of directions.

Heckler

First Post
Rinya will begin searching the area, looking for some clue by which the ebast could be identified. She'll also look for tracks leading away from the site, for both the beast and survivors from the lord's party (except those for the survivors who returned to the keep, I assume we already found those.)

Kn(Nat)untrained +4
Listen +7
Search+3
Spot+2
Survival+6

Favored Enemy +2 Magical Beasts(listen, spot, survival)

ooc: Are we assuming Dagobert healed everyone up before he left? Rinya was down 11 after the kobold fight, I think everyone else would have healed naturally overnight.

Dungannon

First Post
Lucien takes up with Rinya, scouting out the battlefield for any signs for survivors or monsters.

ooc: Knowledge: Nature +4, Listen +9, Search +8, Spot +9, Survival +7. +2 Favored Enemy bonus vs. undead on Listen, Spot, Survival.

Manzanita

First Post
"Well. Lord Westmorland has my respect. Some lords would hide in their keep when danger threatened. But this man leads from the front. My kind of guy."

Presumably no dead bodies were found at the sight of the battle.

"This doesn't look like zombie work. I think we may have found our land sharks Joe was talking about."

Rowan becomes paranoid about this, and keep glancing down at his feet, wondering if he'd have any warning before some kind of shark came up from below him. After a bit, though, he'll lend his skills to finding out what happened and where to go next.

OOC: survival +8

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I agree. This Westmoreland shows his vhal as chief of his people."

*Lasair readies herself, comforted in the fact that she has long held psionic focus. If a bulette appears, she will be ready to Ego Whip it...unless it is a zombie bulette!*

(OOC: Let's hope this doesn't become Westmoreland's Dien Bien Bu-lette.*

Richard Rawen

First Post
Richard scans the ground warily, keeping his mount calm, ready to dismount at the first sign of attack. He'll keep quiet, allowing the trackers to do their job, knowing he has nothing to contribute at this time... yet seeing the large disturbances in the earth gives more substance to the threat. 'These things must be huge!' the young warrior ponders, his brow knit in concentration.

Patlin

Explorer
Only the slightest trembling in the ground precedes the sudden attack of the Bulette.

DC 18 Listen Check to act in surprise round.

Roll Initiative.

The Bulette arises adjacent to Rinya and Lucien, who begin in melee range of the land shark. Until I get a map up, assume everyone else is 15' away from the monster.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Lasair is surprised. When she becomes unsurprised, she uses an Ego Whip on the creature, reminding the others:)

"I can bring the creature into catatonia with two to four mental assaults. However, this won't combine with physical efforts. For this reason, I suggest considering a protective defensive strategy for physical attacks.."

(OOC: Init is 16)

Last edited:

Remove ads