• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking to do something cool with Clockwork Menders

Willforged

First Post
I am playing a melee combat Warforged Artificer and want to get a few clockwork menders to provide extra healing when I need it. Though this isn't enough reason to get a few so I'm looking for other uses that might be fun. Ones I've come up with so far.

Giving them the Air Heritage feat for an additional 30' of fly.

Making them homiculi for the purpose of scouting out new areas.

Picking up dropped items on my behalf. (Wands and such)

Equipping them with Stormstrider Boots. Because they have spring attack, each leg of a spring attack movement can be transformed into a 9d6 lightning bolt. Once per day for 9000 gold seems to be a bit much for this though.

Anyone else have any uses that might be particularly interesting?

Nomnath

First Post
are you talking clockwork mender or the swarm version. If you have a swarm, it's pretty dang useful by itself.

I don't think you can equip boots onto a clockwork mender, it has no feet. Also i don't think you can give it air heritage as it is a construct. Besides it's only 1d8 per day, so you'd need alot of them.

One thing you can do with them is take advantage of the fact that they have craft to get a bonus for each one assisting you.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads