Looking to form a group in Charlotte/Rock Hill

nakia

First Post
I'm looking to put together or join an already existing gaming group in the Charlotte, NC/Rock Hill, SC area. I'm willing, (well, prefer, actually) to run games. I'm fine with D&D, d20 Modern, and/or Grim Tales and am willing to learn others.

To me, the most important thing is a group that has fun together, not the game system.

If your interested, PM me or just reply to the thread. Thanks!

Old One

First Post
Nakia,

I will point my old gaming buddies to this thread. Unfortunately, the group has pretty much fallen apart...too many kids, too little time, too many people have moved away...but I know 2 of them would still like to play.

~ OO

PS - We usually try to put together a game 1-2x per year when I am in town on business and you are welcome to join us.

VirgilCaine

First Post
I'm in college, so all the RPG groups I know of are based in CPCC (the S.A.G.E.S.) and UNCC (the Gaming Guild). SAGES was dying at last count, unfortunately everyone graduated.

The Guild is going okay, but everyone has their own group, there aren't many free players I don't think. Of course, there's always room in a certain powergaming ego-fest bloc, but that's not an option, really.

SAGES has a YahooGroup, I think, and the Guild has a section on the UNCC website, www.uncc.edu

The Guild has a Babylon 5 D20 game, a BESM game, a RIFTs game (somewhat reasonable I think), the aforementioned cluster of low-standard gamers, a couple D&D games (both of which I'm playing in)...and I think that is it. We're having a Game Day this saturday, IIRC.

Last edited:

nakia

First Post
Thanks for the info, Virgilcane! I'll check out the Gaming Guilds website.

Can you give me some gameday info? It's short notice, but maybe I can head up there and check it out. If not this one, then the next.

Old One

First Post
If you are really hard up...

Nakia, sorry for the thread hijack, put if you are totally hard up and like NWN, I am starting a Mon night NWN game in a couple of weeks for most of my old gaming group. Let me know if you have any interest and I will shoot you an e-mail.

We are going to run through a couple of practice modules while I am working up the real campaign build. Not tabletop, but fun nonetheless.

~ OO

nakia

First Post
Old One said:
If you are really hard up...

Nakia, sorry for the thread hijack, put if you are totally hard up and like NWN, I am starting a Mon night NWN game in a couple of weeks for most of my old gaming group. Let me know if you have any interest and I will shoot you an e-mail.

We are going to run through a couple of practice modules while I am working up the real campaign build. Not tabletop, but fun nonetheless.

~ OO

I'm pretty hard up. I've never played NWN before; I'm not even sure it will run on my old iBook. Shoot me an email and lets talk about it. We should finalize our getting together plans when you come this way anyway. nakiaspopeATgmailDOTcom

Old One

First Post
Nakia,

I will try to touch base with you early next week...but Wed evening looks best. I probably won't be able to do it until 8:30 PM or so...is that OK?

~ OO

nakia

First Post
8:30 on the second of November sounds fine. I can give you my phone number, just in case something comes up.

Remove ads