• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking to turn runepriest into "controller"

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Specifically, I'm wondering if there are any fun and interesting ways to turn bull rushing into an active and useful ability.

My dwarven runepriest is currently level 3, almost to 4 (so I'm planning ahead). Anything in CB is legit.

Anything special with regards to knocking prone would be sweet as well.

Sorry if I'm not specific enough; the idea came to me a few days ago and I haven't yet sat down to really pore over the rules.

Riastlin

First Post
If you're a dwarf, you can take the Knock Back feat which lets you knock prone a creature when you save vs. falling prone.

Other than that, not a whole lot jumps out at me, rune priests, despite what the books say, do not do a whole lot of control in my opinion.

Klaus

First Post
Heavenly Halberdier gives you proficiency with halberds and glaives, and your runepriest at-will attacks with these weapons also slide targets 1 square. Couple that with Polearm Momentum and other polearm feats to control the battlefield.

Mr. Teapot

First Post
Get the at-will that immobilizes. Then get World Serpent's Grasp (and/or get melee allies to take it). Now you have an at-will that knocks prone. Add Vicious Advantage to the mix as well (also good for your allies to take).

Remove ads