• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looks like Target will carry MToF

Good for visibility and reaching new players which is ultimately a good thing for the hobby.

That said, I will still be supporting my FLGS by purchasing it there.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
It has come full circle.

DnD back on the shelves of mainstream venues.

And Kay Bee Toys is coming back after shutting its doors 9 years ago.

Well, I guess it is in Games by James and Barnes & Nobel. But having D&D content in Target will be a huge boost to the game's exposure.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I wish it was the Starter Set that was at mass market stores. Maybe the PHB as well. But those are the entry level books. Expansions as a one-off are a bad idea.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I wish it was the Starter Set that was at mass market stores. Maybe the PHB as well. But those are the entry level books. Expansions as a one-off are a bad idea.

Yep. I can see some non-gamer parent or grandparent buying this for their kid because the kids likes fantasy, and the kids wondering the heck to do with it.

Worse, people will page through it, be confused, and not buy leading target to stop carrying DnD stuff. If they are going to sell XGE, they should also include the starter set and PHB on their shelves.

Remove ads