• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost 05/09/07

Banshee16

First Post
Ok, did anyone other than me notice the face of a man, sitting in the chair, when Benri was thrown against the wall? Benri was thrown from right to left, backwards against the wall, so he was facing to the right. But the camera cut right and showed someone for maybe 0.5 seconds, facing left. Was that Jonah or Jordan or whatever his name was?

Did anyone record it so this can be checked?

I don't think Locke is dead. If Mikhael can come back, and Locke can walk after being paralyzed, I'm not sure if a bullet would be enough to stop him. And he's a pretty central character, so I don't think they'd end him so inconclusively.

Also, now we know what happened to the Dharma Initiative. And that Roger or whatever his n ame is...the guy with the dark eyes, who gave Locke the file on Sawyer was an original. And that the "natives" killed the DI folks. But we also know there's something funky going on with lifespan there, because he was the same age there that he appears like 30 or 40 years later.

Banshee

Last edited:

Dubya

Explorer
I missed the first fifteen minutes or so of the show. Can someone recap what happened up until the flashback where the teacher was talking about the volcano?

I thought I saw something but I wasn't for sure. I think that there is something going on with the lifespan also. Wasn't that one of the projects that the Dharma Initiative was working on? Who are the Hostiles? Didn't they say they were the natives of the island?

Dubya

Last edited:

LightPhoenix

First Post
These are only my initial thoughts, but I thought I'd share.

Locke was completely awesome in this episode. If Locke is truly deaders, which I doubt, this is a fine episode to go out on. Unlike, say, everyone else that died, except for Boone.

Sayid and Sawyer, also awesome, and rational to boot.

Jack and Juliet? All I can say if, wtf. I'm all for Sayid and Sawyer offing Jack, Juliet, and Kate. One can only hope.

The Dharma stuff was okay, but not really interesting enough for a whole flashback sequence, I don't think.

Jacob was a total cop-out, in my opinion. I'm putting my vote on Jacob being the smoke monster, which is also the sand-like stuff they went over on their way there.

The episode was a mixed bag for me - good and bad don't mix to make average. Hoping next week's will be better.

PeterGirvan

First Post
Jacob could be seen sitting in the chair for a brief moment. (at least, I assume it was Jacob).

Now what the heck is Jacob? Some type of psionic entity?

And I agree (hope!) that Locke will recover.

It was also good to see Jack finally make some overture to the rest of the castaways. His reticence has been way too annoying.

LightPhoenix

First Post
Dubya said:
I missed the first fifteen minutes or so of the show. Can someone recap what happened up until the flashback where the teacher was talking about the volcano?

This is from memory.

A woman, Emily, and her husband Roger are having a baby. It looks kind of like the jungle. The baby is born, but Emily starts bleeding out. Roger carries Emily through the jungle, to a highway outside of Portland. A hippie couple stops, but Emily dies right after asking Roger to name their son Benjamin.

Ben and Alpert have an arguement over the tape recorder, and go outside to talk with Tom. Tom stares, as do the others, as Locke stumbles into the Others' camp with his father's body.

Roger and Ben are brought to the island to work for Dharma by the man who stopped earlier. They see an orientation video as they go through "processing." Roger Linus is assigned the title "Work Man," and has a hissy fit about being a janitor. The hippie guy, on the other hand, is very nice to them.

(This next part may not be the scene that was next)

Mikhail comes running through the jungle, reaches the Others, demands they invade the Losties to get Naomi, Ben agrees. Locke wants to see Jacob, Ben says no, Locke kicks Mikhail's butt, and it's decided they go to see Jacob. Everyone else just stares are Locke's awesomeness.

Also, Sawyer gets Sayid, plays him the tape. Kate sees them, sticks up for Jack, Sayid and Sawyer are totally awesome and basically tell her off.

Demmero

Explorer
Banshee16 said:
Ok, did anyone other than me notice the face of a man, sitting in the chair, when Benri was thrown against the wall?

There was also a close-up shot of a very angry-looking eye (Sauron? ;) shortly thereafter.

I noticed that Richard Alpert seemed pretty close in age then-and-now; not sure if giving him a hippie haircut was maybe just the best they could do to make him look younger. Since it looks like the Hostiles now run the island and the Dharma Initiative is kaput, it seems likely that Locke's blowing up the communications station will have an effect on the outside world...whoever's doing the Dharma food drops and such might look into the 'Hostile's attack on the place.

Also interesting is that Ben lied to the Hostiles about being born on the island; maybe they think he's a 'miracle baby' who somehow beat the long odds and was conceived and born on the island...something they apparently can't do. Then Locke comes along--Mr. Spirituality--healed of paralysis by the island, and he becomes a threat to Ben's rule.

Ben breaks one of the Evil Overlord rules by telling Locke this before shooting him, however; that may come back to haunt him later.

Now, the writing on this episode was a vast improvement... we finally get some real answers, such as what happened to Dharma... but get more questions, naturally, like who are the Hostiles and where did they come from.

And Ben has somehow apparently conned Dharma into thinking the project is ongoing, because they are still getting food drops, power, and have connections on the mainland...

John Crichton

First Post
Aside from enjoying the weird of this ep, I will say that I'm glad they are bring back a theme that has been brewing under the currents since the start of season one. That is the eventual Jack vs. Locke showdown. I originally thought that it would be the castaways vs. themselves and split into factions but it appears now that Locke is getting his own people and that Jack will have the majority of the Lostaways on his side. :D

Also, I'll say that this is a nice bookend to last season's finale where Jack gives the knowing nod, like he's got a plan in mind. Kate's still with the plan and it appears that Sawyer's dislike of Jack blinded him for a bit. Will be interesting to see if it plays out that way.

John Crichton

First Post
David Howery said:
Now, the writing on this episode was a vast improvement... we finally get some real answers, such as what happened to Dharma... but get more questions, naturally, like who are the Hostiles and where did they come from.

And Ben has somehow apparently conned Dharma into thinking the project is ongoing, because they are still getting food drops, power, and have connections on the mainland...
I wonder if Richard and his kin have four toes per foot...

Remove ads