• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost a fun player

ProtoClone

First Post
Early last night I lost a good friend. He was one of the first people I played D&D with and he always provided good moments. I just wanted to share a few of them.

One time he was playing a minotaur who wanted to sneack up behind an NPC but was without weapons. Don't ask me why he was without weapons, he just didn't have any. So he decided, using the only thing he had available to him, he would put a sack over the guys head and beat him unconcious. Little did he know, and had yet to try and find out, that the sack he had picked up a few adventures ago that he had been putting priceless gems and trinkets in, was actually a bag of devoring...and it was going straight for this guys head. So he makes the check, which sneaking for a mintaur is amazing, and sacks the guy but was then stunned to hear the guy give shrieking muffle with a quick "CHOMP". The minotaur found a new weapon.

This same minotaur was also afraid of horses. The reason being is that one time his father got on a horse and it went wild and rode off with him. He reasons that the horse planned it and kidnapped his father for a ransom that he has yet to recieve a letter for. Yeah, not a bright minotaur but memorable none-the-less.

Thank you stopping and reading.

Treebore

First Post
By "lost", what do you mean? Death? Ugly argument?

I've lost a lot of good players, fortunately it was due to moving/change of duty station. Lots of good memories that has made me wish I could find them again.

Memories from Traveller, like when Bob Debruine GMed Mike and I through infiltrating and heavily guarded compound. My character, Jake Plasmod, decided subtlety was over rated and put his explosives skills to huge use. With some great shots by Mikes character, and judicious use of mortar fire by mine, we cleaned house.

Memories from D&D, fighting a Terrasque for the first time ever, my character lost a leg and an arm, others lost similiar limbs, one swallowed, but we managed to get it negative enough for the Wish to work.

Fortunately the cleric lived and was able to restore everyones limbs and lives.

All those guys went to different duty stations within a few months of that game.

Qualidar

First Post
ProtoClone, I'm sorry for your loss. If you mean lost in the way I believe you do, we should all raise a toast to a friend in gaming Valhalla.

~Qualidar~

ShadowDenizen

Explorer
It's always tough losing a member of the gaming community, and doubly so if it's a close friend.

Thanks for the stories, and my heart goes out to you in this trying time.

Yttrai

First Post
ProtoClone said:
So he makes the check, which sneaking for a mintaur is amazing, and sacks the guy but was then stunned to hear the guy give shrieking muffle with a quick "CHOMP". The minotaur found a new weapon.

That is brilliant. Your friend was a rare treasure. Continue to honour him by remembering all he gave you.

I shall think warm thoughts of him tonight as well. And you,and your friends, and his family.

Maester Luwin

First Post
As people have said Protoclone you will be in my thoughts & prayers. Our memories live on & those that make us laugh & smile are a comfort at a time like this. Take care Maester Luwin

Remove ads