• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LOST: Anybody hear of the book Bad Twin?

F5

Explorer
Here is the About the Author section of Hyperion's new detective mystery called Bad Twin:

About the Author
Bad Twin is the highly-anticipated new novel by acclaimed mystery writer Gary Troup. Bad Twin was delivered to Hyperion just days before Troup boarded Oceanic Flight 815, which was lost in flight from Sydney, Australia to Los Angeles in September 2004. He remains missing and is presumed dead.

Looks like a very elaborate way to deliver some serious Lost easter eggs...

On "Gary Troup"'s website, www.garytroup.net, it also lists some nonfiction work he's done, The Valenzetti Equation", a book about mathematical formulas to predict armageddon. That mean anything to any of you more dedicated Lost-ites out there?

What a clever way to keep people interested during the summer hiatus, huh?

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
F5 said:
Gary Troup...

Gary Troup? Gary Troup! I've been a fan of his for years. His book Sand Fountian, Ooh changed my life.

Speaking of anagrams, what do you think of "Gary Troup," aka purgatory?

Last edited:

Staffan

Legend
Bront said:
So wait, this book was supposedly written by one of the Characters on Lost?
So far, the only direct link I'm aware of is that in one of the recent episodes, Sawyer is reading a manuscript that he found in one of the dead people's luggage. That manuscript is "Bad Twin" by Gary Troup.

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Bront said:
So wait, this book was supposedly written by one of the Characters on Lost?

The manuscript was found by Hurley, I think, and read by Sawyer. but he didn't get to finish it 'cause Jack threw it into the fire.

With in the "reality" of the show, the book author was on the plane - popular theory seems to be he was the guy sucked into the jet engine in the first episode - and the book mentions things like the Hanso Foundation, as part of its mystry story.

Sir Brennen

Legend
Is this cool, or overkill?
LostPeida said:
5/9/06 - a newspaper ad appeared in the Chicago Tribune, Boston Globe (page A4), Washington Post (May 10, page A7), and presumably among other major papers, placed by The Hanso Foundation. Claiming to be from Hugh McIntyre, the ad is entitled 'Don't Believe "Bad Twin"', and states that "The truth about the Hanso Foundation is available at www.TheHansoFoundation.org and not on the pages of Gary Troup's "Bad Twin"."
Also, the credits for Mission Impossible III contain a thanks to the Hanso Foundation ...

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Crothian said:
Unless they advertise it during the show or something not a lot of people are going to know

Viral marketing. People stumble over it and then spread word via non-traditional channels, like this one. Everyone that finds it thinks they've stumbled on something really cool and unique, and that provides a tremedous impetus to share it with others.

Remove ads