'Lost' creators: We know where we're going

Mark Hope

Adventurer
Plane Sailing said:
Unfortunately it is too late for me... I passed the point where I cared about Lost a while ago. I'll probably watch the final episode whenever it appears, but until then... no. It just didn't sustain my interest.
Same here. I'm more interested in the plotlines than the characters. I stuck out season 1 and then gave up after the first half-dozen episodes of season 2. Too little narrative payoff stretched out over too much time. It actually started annoying me, which is not something I wanted to experience from a tv show. I think it's a great premise, with some awesome ideas. It just dragged out too long for me. I'd have preferred something with the pacing of Surface. Clearly I am out of sync with the larger audience, though, as Lost is in season 3, and Surface got cancelled after one :(...

iwatt

First Post
I'll only watch Lost in DVD format. Having to wait between chapters is a pain in the rear. The pacing of the first 5 chapters of season 2 would have frustrated me no end if I had had to wait a week or more between installments. Afetr those chapters things picked up quite nicely :D

takyris

First Post
To cancellation?

I watched Abrams go off the rails with Alias, and I stopped watching Lost at the end of the first season. It was a perfect moment of clarity: "He's got no idea where he's going."

LightPhoenix

First Post
iwatt said:
I'll only watch Lost in DVD format. Having to wait between chapters is a pain in the rear. The pacing of the first 5 chapters of season 2 would have frustrated me no end if I had had to wait a week or more between installments. Afetr those chapters things picked up quite nicely :D

Here's the funny thing - I went and re-watched Season 2 of Lost, and it was a lot better than I remembered it being. That's when I realized that the pace at which they seem to want to divulge even the tiniest of bits of knowledge is so glacial that only watching it all at once is satisfying for me. Watching it weekly was very frustrating.

That said, if they're really going to make it about the characters, then they need to do that. I liked the opening six, despite the lack of the rest of the cast, because the mythology was kinda just thrown to the side. Or maybe I just stopped getting my expectations up.

It's the "X-Files" syndrome - they're afraid if they reveal too much, people will stop being interested, so they don't reveal anything.

Remove ads