• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost Mithril (B4cchus judging)

LogicsFate

First Post
Thankyou Ligaea Elise, suddenly wishing she had brought some nuts. She'll start searching through her pack to see if the trail ration have any dried fruit or nuts for her familiar.Let's just go check it out. Elise says ignoring the scouts question. We'll see for ourselves what this is all about. Maybe it is just a family, we can get anwser or at least tell them where their... Shaman? is.

Sirhahn

First Post
I agree with Elise, let's first try and talk with them, but we should be prepared for violence if that comes. Perhaps I'll stay back a little ways and ready my spells just in case. With that said, Gilanthus whispers a few words and the others notice a brief glow surrounding him.

[sblock=ooc] Cast mage armor on self (+4AC, 1 hour). Will hang back a bit from the group if/when we decide to go talk to the kobolds.[/sblock]
[sblock=Spells prepared]0:Light, Rd magic, Det Magic; 1: Magic Missile[/sblock]

Dargon

First Post
KriticalFailure said:
"Whatever they are, they still attacked us first. How else were we to respond to that?" Krit inquires, trying to justify his attack on a now seemingly protective, if not fatherly, Kobold.

"Their is no doubt that we did the right thing, all I am pointing out is that we might not have to expect trouble from the band and also, we have something they need if that’s the case. That is always a good base for a deal. This might seems a good thing but I hate to give up our moment of surprise if it is not the case.
Anyway lots move."

Dargon

First Post
OoC: as a general rule no. It is okay with me if the thread has not had any new posts for 24H and I have not said I will be absent, low post rate for a period, etc.

thegreyman

First Post
The party begins a small trek into the hills leaving the unconscious kobold and mule behind.

It's fairly easy going, with Ligaea able to offer very useful hints on the correct route to take. The only time the party slows down is to get over a small seven foot cliff, but it's easily defeated. All in all, it only takes the party a few minutes to approach the area.

"It's just ahead. Through those boulders." Ligaea offers.

The few boulders in your way open into a relatively open and flat space that is oblong (30' wide, 40' long). A few scrub bushes dot the miniature valley, but no larger trees or rocks are in your way. The other side of the clearing begins to get rougher with more boulders and vegetation filling the depression.

[sblock=Krit,Gilanthus]You can see movement on the far side of the area, under a slight overhang. Almost as soon as you see it, you lose sight of whatever was moving. It was too quick to get a good glimpse of what was there.[/sblock]
[sblock=Cesurius]You can see several kobolds moving under a slight overhang on the far side of the area. It looks like there are nine in total, with four larger kobolds and five smaller ones. Almost as soon as you see them, one seems to give a warning and all of the movement over there ceases. If you didn't know exactly where they were, it would almost be impossible to see them. None of them appeared to be holding weapons.[/sblock]

LogicsFate

First Post
Thankyou Elise says softly. Allright, Suggestions? We could just walk up, I think both Gil and I can talk to them. We could sneak in or... I don't know I've never had to walk into a camp of people potentioaly hostile. Either way I say we don't have any weapons draw, stay alert, just not threatening Elise says very quietly to her compainions.

ooc: Would you like me to always continue when three people agree on a course of action as long as the fourth hasn't had strong objections?

OOC Makes sense to me, as long as no one objects.

Dargon

First Post
"None of them are holding weapons, but just seems to be hiding." Ces says almost in a whisper. "Anyway, I don’t think that more then four of them is cable of putting up a fight if it came to that. I think it is time if the diplomatic solution. If they have the ore we will take, it and they can have their spellcaster.
They have already seen or herd us so you might as well start the conversation from here. No need to walk straight in to the danger."

LogicsFate

First Post
Elise looks to Ces surprised. She looks back to the situation at hand seeing none of this. She looks back to Ces and nods. She clears her esophagus, and say in a hissing tounge a single questioning word.
Hello?
She looks around not quite sure where a response might come from.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads