• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Lost S04E01 Jan 31 2008

Dubya

Explorer
I loved it. I am sure that I missed several things. I want to watch it again. One thing I would like to know about is why Hugo said he was a member of the Oceanic Six. Does that mean that only six got off the island. If so who are the others. Hugo, Jack, Kate are three we know got off the island, unless I am forgetting someone.

Dubya

Shayuri

First Post
Man, I missed -the whole thing-. All my sources said it was on at 9pm...but I'm at Central time zone! It was on at 8!

Man, there aren't enough desks in my place to slam my head against.

Is there going to be an encore? They haven't got it up on their site yet.

Demmero

Explorer
dravot said:
Thoughts?

I was put off by the introduction of "flash-forwards" in last season's finale, but after watching this season's premiere I believe they may work out pretty well after all.

One of my first theories of the new season was that maybe Penny Widmore isn't the nice girl we've thought her to be. Something seems off about the way she just happened to pop up on that monitor in the Looking Glass station right after Charlie disabled the jamming equipment last season. It was an incoming transmission, yet she asked Charlie how he'd gotten on that frequency. Kind of weird...made me wonder if maybe she'd been expecting to get in touch with someone else on the Looking Glass.

Also, it was pretty convenient timing that Desmond happened to get "fired" by a monk who just happens to have a picture of himself and the scary lady "sheriff" of the Others on his desk...a monk who says that Desmond's destiny lies elsewhere and then he just happens to meet Penny Widmore. Mighty convenient timing, that.

Naomi seemed to know that the island had become visible for a few moments when the hatch imploded. I'm guessing that either she is indeed part of Penny's team and Penny was lying about it or (more likely, maybe) that someone else was closely monitoring things and saw the same anomoly that Penny's watchers saw. Or (perhaps most likely of all) Daddy Widmore has a mole in Penny's team, got wind of the island's general location, and sent in his own team for his own purposes.

One last random thought:

Naomi: "Tell my sister that I love her."
Her sister...that would be...Cindy the stewardess! I base this conclusion on three things:
1) I think she looks a bit like Cindy;
2) Both ladies have accents (though I'm not sure they have the same accent ;) );
3) I just think there's more of a story to Cindy and her disappearance/abduction.

4) (Crap!) She also looked a little bit like Walt's mom, come to think of it.... And Michael's supposed to be rejoining the cast this season.

Anyhow, it's good to have Lost back :)

Last edited:

I disagree with most of your theories.

Demmero said:
It was an incoming transmission, yet she asked Charlie how he'd gotten on that frequency. Kind of weird...made me wonder if maybe she'd been expecting to get in touch with someone else on the Looking Glass.

That is an interesting idea.

Also, it was pretty convenient timing that Desmond happened to get "fired" by a monk who just happens to have a picture of himself and the scary lady "sheriff" of the Others on his desk...a monk who says that Desmond's destiny lies elsewhere and then he just happens to meet Penny Widmore. Mighty convenient timing, that.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the picture on the desk was the lady from Desmond's other flashback, whom he met in the jewelry store, and who apparently could also see the future. It's the show-makers' fault for casting two women with similar features and hair styles in episodes so close together.

Her sister...that would be...Cindy the stewardess! I base this conclusion on three things:
1) I think she looks a bit like Cindy;
2) Both ladies have accents (though I'm not sure they have the same accent ;) );
3) I just think there's more of a story to Cindy and her disappearance/abduction.

4) (Crap!) She also looked a little bit like Walt's mom, come to think of it.... And Michael's supposed to be rejoining the cast this season.

The actress playing Naomi is English and Jamaican. Not Australian (like Cindy) or American (like Walt's mom). I think her sister will be a new character introduced this season.

RigaMortus2

First Post
The Oceanic Six... Well, that explains what that hidden '6' meant that kept popping up in the promo. It's really quick and most people missed it, but it is in the promo they kept running. Just a random number 6 would flash for a nanosecond.

Demmero

Explorer
RangerWickett said:
I disagree with most of your theories.

That's cool. In fact, it's smart of you, cuz most of my theories turn out wrong. :)

RangerWickett said:
Actually, I'm pretty sure the picture on the desk was the lady from Desmond's other flashback, whom he met in the jewelry store, and who apparently could also see the future. It's the show-makers' fault for casting two women with similar features and hair styles in episodes so close together.

D'oh! You're right...and I made that same mistake last season, IIRC. My memory's bad, and it doesn't help that there was such a long hiatus this time between seasons.

RangerWickett said:
The actress playing Naomi is English and Jamaican. Not Australian (like Cindy) or American (like Walt's mom). I think her sister will be a new character introduced this season.

Heh, and it probably doesn't help that Walt's mom's been dead for over 3 months. Naomi'd have to be woefully out-of-touch not to know that. (Then again, Juliet's been out of touch with her family for 3 years.)

And speaking of bad theories/predictions, another longstanding one of mine seemed to go out the window last night. Since season 1 I've been expecting some sort of large-scale slaughter of the no-name Flight 815 survivors...probably by the Others. I thought it might happen last night at the hands of the newcomers, but it looked like the no-names were fairly evenly-split in following Jack or following Locke.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Dubya said:
Oceanic Six (. . .) Hugo, Jack, Kate

Well, since it isn't divided by the split on the island, it could be anyone. For the story to progress in an exciting manner, I think it needs to be people clever enough, or driven enough, to get them back to the island by the end of the season. I vote for Locke (who wants to be on the island), Sawyer (who might want to help Kate go back if she asked him), and Desmond (who might be able to see they need to be on the island).

Demmero

Explorer
Mark said:
Well, since it isn't divided by the split on the island, it could be anyone. For the story to progress in an exciting manner, I think it needs to be people clever enough, or driven enough, to get them back to the island by the end of the season. I vote for Locke (who wants to be on the island), Sawyer (who might want to help Kate go back if she asked him), and Desmond (who might be able to see they need to be on the island).

I don't think Locke would leave or even allow himself to be dragged away from the island at this point. I think that if/when the Six go back, they'll find Locke still there fighting to protect the island.

From a practical standpoint, one of the Six should be Sun. She's got 2 months tops before the island kills her and her unborn child. I assume that Jin would leave with her. I can't see them staying on the island...but I didn't catch which leader they sided with last night.

Another possibility is Michael. No telling what happened to him after leaving the island at the end of Season 2.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads