• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost S04E08 20 Mar 08 - Meet Kevin Johnson (Spoilers)

dravot

First Post
Not Yet. ;)

So, who planted the fake plane? Widmore or Ben?

Hrm.

I was surprised to see Sayid out Michael, but for me it's been 2 years since he killed Ana Lucia and Libby, but for the Losties it was just a few weeks ago.

One thing bugs me: how long was Michael off of the island? By my account, maybe 50 days? Is that long enough to boat back to civilization, fly to NYC, recover from a car accident and go back to the Island?

RigaMortus2

First Post
Well, I guess it is pretty much confirmed that there is something supernatural or mystical about the island from what Mr. Friendly said to Michael about "The island won't let you kill yourself." Which totally go against what the writers (J J Abrams and company) claimed in the beginning. Basically, that there are scientific (or at least science ficion) explainations with everything on the island (which came into question when the smoke monster appeared).

LightPhoenix

First Post
RigaMortus2 said:
Which totally go against what the writers (J J Abrams and company) claimed in the beginning. Basically, that there are scientific (or at least science ficion) explainations with everything on the island (which came into question when the smoke monster appeared).

Or, that the writers have been executing misdirection since day one.

I'm not sure what I think of this episode. I need to sleep on it.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
dravot said:
One thing bugs me: how long was Michael off of the island? By my account, maybe 50 days? Is that long enough to boat back to civilization, fly to NYC, recover from a car accident and go back to the Island?

That was bugging me too.

I will say, I liked this episode. Didn't think I would, because I've grown to really despise Michael as a character (after the turn he took in season 2). For all that I think his character sucks and is a despicable, treacherous murderer though- Harold Perrineau did an excellent job of portraying the conflicts raging in him, and how terrible and lost (pun intended) he's become.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
One other thing that occurred to me- the glimpses of Libby and her telling Michael "don't do it" in regards to the bomb. I'm still of the mind that the "dead people" are actually manifestations of Jacob, but this one seems to put Jacob at odds with Ben. Why would Jacob (or the Island) have not wanted Michael to push the "execute" button, especially bearing in mind that the bomb was a dud?

Jacob did ask Locke for help at the end of last season, so maybe his relationship with Ben isn't quite as amicable as Ben seems to make it appear?

(In other words, we need to start learning about Jacob now- we're getting a lot of other answers.)

Just who is the sniper, too? I'm wondering about that. Obviously Ben sent the three out there so that he could finally be rid of Karl and Rousseau, and leave Alex with only himself (bastard), but was this something he arranged? Or did he just send them into territory with yet another hostile on the island we haven't yet met?

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Ben has had plenty of time to set up the ambush. His freedom around the compound has allowed him opportunities to contact his people. Certainly having Alex around has hindered his ability to operate as normal while with Team Locke. I suspect that Alex is now with the Others for, what Ben would describe as, her own safety. We'll all cheer when she gets to be the one to eventually bring him down for killing her love and mother. I think we are about to see Ben's machinations ramped up considerably.

dravot

First Post
Cthulhudrew said:
That was bugging me too.

I will say, I liked this episode. Didn't think I would, because I've grown to really despise Michael as a character (after the turn he took in season 2). For all that I think his character sucks and is a despicable, treacherous murderer though- Harold Perrineau did an excellent job of portraying the conflicts raging in him, and how terrible and lost (pun intended) he's become.

LostPedia shows Michael leaving on or around Day 67. Naomi parachutes onto the Island on Day 87 - just 20 days later. :\

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
The island or Jacob (don't know if there different) want to be an island, I think that is why it is at odds with Ben. He no longer had the island's best interest at heart, so along came Locke but he just is not working out. Now, Hugo....mmmm.

Rapid healing seems to be a part of the island - So, the question is Tom, for a dead man he is getting around petty good, but then it is not like we have not seen that before. ;) Olds are Micheal may be dead and just not know it!

The Serge

First Post
Hand of Evil said:
Rapid healing seems to be a part of the island - So, the question is Tom, for a dead man he is getting around petty good, but then it is not like we have not seen that before. ;) Olds are Micheal may be dead and just not know it!
I figured that Tom's encounters with Michael occured before Sawyer killed him (although my next statement may address this in part).

As for the apparant shortness of time between Michael fleeing the Island and his subsequent return, remember that there's some kind of time distortion as it relates to the Island.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads