• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Lost S04E3 14 Feb 2008 - The Economist

Panamon Creel

First Post
Boy its getting really interesting.

R.C. on Naomi's bracelet. Do we know who that is? The chick that Sayeid killed had the same bracelet it looked like. Which leads me to believe the Economist is the bald black guy that hired Naomi. ???

The time on the "payload". If I caught the times right, one timer read 2:45 when it should have arrived, it didn't arrive until 3:16. So the Island exists on an alternate time from the rest of the world?

Shayuri

First Post
I'm not SURE of this...but I suspect the time differential has to do with the direction you approach (or leave) the island from. That's why Michael, when he left in the boat, was told to follow a specific heading. Similarly, the helicopter was told to follow their inbound heading back out, exactly.

It may be that rocket came in on a different heading, probably very close though, and the difference was enough that it arrived about half an hour later in time than it should have.

That'd explain the gear he was setting up too. Looked kind of like surveying tools. I wouldn't be surprised if he continues to do tests from different angles now, and measure the time distortion. If it's not random, he could establish a pattern perhaps...and create a "map" of the time distortions around the island.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Panamon Creel said:
R.C. on Naomi's bracelet. Do we know who that is?

I'm guessing the "R" stands for Regina, the girl on the boat who sounds remarkably like Naomi, and who I think actually is her sister.

I think Miles lied about the whole "Tell my sister I love her" being a code because he didn't want to reveal that the reason he knew Naomi was dead was because he is a ghost whisperer.

The chick that Sayeid killed had the same bracelet it looked like. Which leads me to believe the Economist is the bald black guy that hired Naomi. ???

Maybe- or maybe those sorts of bracelets are given out by the organization all of them work for.

When Sayid said the line about "The day I trust (Ben) is the day I've sold my soul", I knew that the boss he told Elsa about would turn out to be Ben. Interesting.

So of the "Oceanic 6" we know that Jack, Kate, Hurley, and Sayid are four that came back. Who the others are is still unknown, but one of them is very likely whoever Kate referred to in the season finale of last season (although with this Ben reveal, maybe she meant Ben). The other one is presumably whoever died that no one attended the funeral for... which is interesting in and of itself. (Then again, if it was Desmond that was dead that might account for no one coming to the funeral- he wasn't really all that much a part of the group, and that would presumably still leave one of the 6 unaccounted for- since he wasn't on Oceanic 815).

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Fantastic episode.

Move over James Bond, Sayid is the man. It was good to see him being cool, calm and professional. Jack, you could learn a few things.

Hugo!

I think the people on the "list" are the Dharma founders, the Hanso Group. They want the island back for study and so on.

Arnwyn

First Post
Great to see that the show is continuing to prove to me that Sayid and Locke are awesome (and are certainly my favorite characters). Jack can just die now, please.

The rocket was cool, too.

Other than that, I considered the rest of the episode (including the wretched flashbacks/flashforwards) to be "just random stuff happening". The newcomers can all die, because they (especially Miles) are annoying.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads