• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost Season 4

Fast Learner

First Post
No comments? Tired of Lost, or no interest anymore?

My assumption of the two #15 rabbits is that they are
the same rabbit from different time streams or timelines, and that if they get together,
reality as we know it would cease to exist.

Padril

First Post
Fast Learner said:
No comments? Tired of Lost, or no interest anymore?

My assumption of the two #15 rabbits is that they are
the same rabbit from different time streams or timelines, and that if they get together,
reality as we know it would cease to exist.
It did appear that way, either that or they are quantum rabbits :D Did you pick up on the hidden message at 1:09
God loves you as He loved Jacob

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
GlassJaw said:
Cool vid. I'm looking forward to season 4, especially after how season 3 ended. When does it start?

In true LOST fashion, it begins before it began but after it ended, when all the mysteries remain but all the questions have been answered...

I mean, in January of '08. They are apparently going to give it a solid run through, with no breaks in the season for repeats. Though they will probably lead into the new season by showing all the old episodes.

Shayuri

First Post
I dunno about the rabbits it seems to me...

[sblock=Spoilers]...that they took rabbit 15 and sent it back in time. Perhaps related to the effect that Desmond experienced...though clearly not identical, since Desmond "traveled" back in time within his own body, rather physically being doubled up inside his past. But yeah, clearly the consequences of a paradox are pretty dire, given the warnings about the universe ending given to Desmond, and the reactions of the scientists to the rabbit. Hee...nice to know there's scientists meddling with forces that -could end reality- out there, isn't it? :)[/sblock]

Anyone else notice that guy uses a different name in every video?

Last edited:

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Off the top of my head, and totally not taken from wikipedia, in physics, the Casimir effect or Casimir-Polder force is a physical force exerted between separate objects, which is due to neither charge, gravity, nor the exchange of particles, but instead is due to resonance of all-pervasive energy fields in the intervening space between the objects. It is also related to exotic matter and wormholes.

Shayuri

First Post
The Grumpy Celt said:
Off the top of my head, and totally not taken from wikipedia, in physics, the Casimir effect or Casimir-Polder force is a physical force exerted between separate objects, which is due to neither charge, gravity, nor the exchange of particles, but instead is due to resonance of all-pervasive energy fields in the intervening space between the objects. It is also related to exotic matter and wormholes.

Not bad at all!

It's the result of vacumn energy fluctuations. In quantum physics, 'vacumn' doesn't represent an absence of energy, it only represents the lowest possible energy-density. This is the origin of the term 'zero point energy.' The point at which energy level cannot go any lower.

The idea about wormholes comes from the notion that a quantum wormhole, which would normally exist at something on the order of Planck time, might be stabilized to exist long enough to be -real- if you had some kind of negative mass to anchor it. Obviously, the concept of negative mass seems meaningless...it's not antimatter either. It's literally -less than nothing-.

However, it was theorized that you could have an area of space where these Casimir-effect generating vacumn fluctuations DID add up to negative mass. It's mathematically possible. If you imagine a tabletop of constantly flipping coins...where heads are +1 and tails are -1, and the total value -of the table- has to always be zero...you can see that it's possible for a portion of the table to be all -1's...as long as there's enough +1's elsewhere to balance it out. Of course, it doesn't happen often and it happens too fast to be useful (which is why no one to date has fallen into a wormhole, I imagine), but it IS possible. So if you figured out a way to manipulate these vacumn fluctuations (via a microsingularity, perhaps), maybe you could control an area of consistant negative mass, and create a wormhole.

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Maybe the island is in the mouth of a worm-hole, hence all the other-wise impossible mumbo-jumbo going on; visions, can't get away from the island, gravity forces strong enough to tear apart an airplane at 30,00+ feet, smoky, magical healing, etc. Like I will say (but haven't) yet above, "it begins before it began but after it ended..."

Last edited:

Remove ads