• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost - Season Finale *Spoilers*

Datt

First Post
Figured I would create a new thread so we wouldn't have to scroll down past everyone's predicitions.

As Artz was waving that thing around I thought, you know for something that is dangero.. *BOOM* Holy Crap! They blew him up!

I loved the look on Locke's face as Hugo was running towards him. He didn't care about any kind of warning he had to open the hatch. And I think Jack is right, they are going to have a Locke problem.

More to come after some sleep and more time to process everything and maybe even a second viewing.

Zuoken

First Post
The pirate/slaver thing I saw coming... but are they just regular criminals or are they the Others? No one ever said that Aaron (Turniphead) was the kid they were after.

Poor Walt.

Crothian

First Post
I'm happy someone got dynamite right, dangerious stuff. Nice episode, true to the Lost way of things: reveal little introduce more mysterioes.

I was disappointed they fired the flare. Boats without lights, are not to be trusted. And that was a very small boat to be out on the ocean, I'm thinking they are from the island. Not that that is a big stretch.

The underground security system is interesting. I hope next seasoin they go back to that hole and explore it.

The hatch was interesting. Its deep and hasa ladder that goes a little down. I'm suprised someone didn't drop a torch.

I think there are Others, the guys in the boat. But i did like how the fire was alone with no footprints around it. Nice touch. I was thinking it was a trick to get everyone to go to the caves and make them easy to capture or deal with or something.

THe Block Rock is an interesting ship. Lots of useful material for the cast awatys to go use. Hopefully next season they will do that as well.

CrusaderX

First Post
The final scene with the hatch was disappointing, and didn't leave me satisfied with this finale as a whole.

But the scene with the raft getting blown up and Walt being taken was very well done.

So the raft scene should have been the final scene. It would have made for a much stronger finish, IMO.

Nellisir

Hero
As soon as Rousseau (sp?) said she heard they were after the child/boy, I thought it was Walt.

I was pretty disappointed. Far from resolving -anything-, all the finale did was raise a few new questions and perpetuate the old ones.
1) What is the "monster"? No answer.
2) What's up with the numbers? No answer.
3) What's up with the bunker? No answer.
4) What's up with the "others"? No answer.

Sheesh. Kinda hard to summon up the energy to care about season 2.
Nell.

Templetroll

Explorer
Datt said:
Figured I would create a new thread so we wouldn't have to scroll down past everyone's predicitions.

As Artz was waving that thing around I thought, you know for something that is dangero.. *BOOM* Holy Crap! They blew him up!

I loved the look on Locke's face as Hugo was running towards him. He didn't care about any kind of warning he had to open the hatch. And I think Jack is right, they are going to have a Locke problem.

More to come after some sleep and more time to process everything and maybe even a second viewing.

When Artz was going on with Hugo my wife said, "I wish they would blow that guy up..." Damned if they didn't! Makes that comment someone posted from TV Guide really weird, that he would be back next season.

I also noted that Locke thought Hope was under the hatch. It's great the ladder ended just inside the thing.

My daughter noted the comment about the Others wanted the boy, meaning Walt, not the baby.

Good season, good episode. Lots of fun.

Lhorgrim

Explorer
Does anyone think that the blonde girl on the "pirate" boat could be the French woman's Alex?

I was hoping for a few answers in this episode, but I still enjoyed it.

I like that the ladder stops a few feet down the shaft. It give them another hurdle to overcome next season.

Too many thoughts to convey right now. I'll try to post from work tomorrow.

Richards

Legend
Well, we did get one answer in tonight's episode: Hurley was the one who brought the Spanish "Flash" comic book on the plane!

Overall, this was a great episode, with several "yell out loud at the TV screen in surprise" moments.

Johnathan

Crothian

First Post
Jamdin said:
I liked it overall but thought two hours was a bit long even for a season finale.

If done right it isn't but here it just seemed dragged out. They tried to end too many scenes with questions to keep people watching. It wasn't well paced.

Remove ads