• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LOST: The Final Season (Spoilers)

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
Looks like Team Evil is busy recruiting. Right now, my head count is as follows:

Team Good: Jack, Hurley, Richard.
Team Evil: Flocke, Sawyer, Claire (soon, I suspect, to be joined by Sayid).
On the bubble: Sun, Jin, Kate, Lappidas, Ben, Miles.
X-Factors: The Others, Desmond, Dharma, Whidmore, Rose and Bernard.

I'm sure I'm leaving a lot out.

I've gotta think that Kate will end up on Team Good, as will Lappidas and Miles (though I have my doubts about him). While Sun and Jin should wind up on Team Good together, I can easily imagine their story being a tragic one where they're pitted against one another.

Last edited:

Angellis_ater

First Post
Well, the Others seem to be going "out of the picture" with Claire and War-Locke getting into the Temple. By all signs, the Others seem to be very much the "followers" of Jacob, his personal retinue, or bodyguards. I think it was established in the Season 4 finale, with Jacob and Evil dude sitting on the beach as a ship was drawing closer, that Jacob hinted at him drawing his flock from the pure amongst them...

Demmero

Explorer
nice to see Claire back... even dirty and disheveled and generally beat up, she's still the cutest one on the island... :)

Well, if I can have Kate I'll give ya Claire ;)

I find it very interesting that Claire has seemingly stepped into Rousseau's old boots as the crazy survivalist lady trying to get her missing baby back from the Others.

Some points/questions/parallels I've got:

Rousseau's electric torturing of Sayid was similar to what Dojan did to the Iraqi in the temple. Was Rousseau simply torturing Sayid to tell her where Alex was or might she also have been testing him for "infection?"

Might Rousseau have been infected herself? Claire is part of Team Man-in-Black; might Rousseau have held that position previously? I've got no solid evidence for this, just a few strange actions that Rousseau did that seem a bit off. She seemed to often lead or manipulate the Losties without getting fully involved (the mission to the communications Dharma station--the Flame--sticks out to me...Rousseau disappeared into the jungle and let the castaways do all the work). And when she captured Ben--the man who took her Alex at gunpoint--she doesn't torture him herself for answers but instead turns him over to Sayid and the Losties??!! That doesn't seem believable to me...unless she was under orders (MiB?) to do so. It almost seems like Rousseau (or perhaps whoever's pulling her strings) knows that many of the Losties are "Candidates" and can't get too directly involved in what they're doing.

Last edited:

So who do you think is Jack's son's mom?

The kid looks like he's 10-14, so at latest he was born in 1994. I suppose he could be adopted, but that's less fun. What timeline alterations would lead to Jack marrying someone in the mid-90s (in the original timeline he got married in 2001).

My theory? Jack and Juliet hook up, have a kid, and then she leaves him for Sawyer. Without the influence of Jacob in the sideways timeline, James Ford is a nicer guy. Still doesn't explain why Juliet would meet up with Jack, though. Hm.

fba827

Adventurer
So who do you think is Jack's son's mom?

The kid looks like he's 10-14, so at latest he was born in 1994. I suppose he could be adopted, but that's less fun. What timeline alterations would lead to Jack marrying someone in the mid-90s (in the original timeline he got married in 2001).

My theory? Jack and Juliet hook up, have a kid, and then she leaves him for Sawyer. Without the influence of Jacob in the sideways timeline, James Ford is a nicer guy. Still doesn't explain why Juliet would meet up with Jack, though. Hm.

Disclaimer: I missed some of the middle seasons so I may just be way off base here

Having said, didn't we already know that Jack had a wife/stable marriage before? I just assumed (because of his age) that the son was from his then-wife... any alt-timeline stories would have only progressed within the past 5 years since the plane would have landed so the son is way too old for that unless it's some past time travel event.

Jack was married briefly to Sarah, a woman paralyzed in a car accident whom Jack swore to "fix". I assume in the alternate timeline she and Jack remained married long enough to have a son but that their marraige still fell apart.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I got the impression that her accident, the operation, and their marriage happened not so long back that they could have had such an old son. And I thought Jacob only came to Jack after the operation. I think, though they have now added that Jack must have been watched since he lived in his childhood home, that he must have met someone else (or met Sarah much early) for what they are now claiming is Jack's alternate life.

*edit* The actress playing Kate is too young to have had a baby now the age of Jack's son, so I don't think the writers would try to push that agenda, but both Sarah and Juliet would be about right. Thinking outside the box a little, Libby is also about the right age, as is Penny, and Cassidy Phillips (and interesting twist there). But likely enough they'll go with Juliet as Jack's Baby Mommy.

Last edited:

Is it too much to ask to bring back Nikki and Paulo?

Oh, and I hope we get to see Danielle in the flash sideways, though they couldn't use the same actress for Alex, since she's got to be around 20 now.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads