• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LOST: The Final Season (Spoilers)

RichCsigs

First Post
In addition to Walt, the horse, & the polar bear, there's also the kid that Locke Monster himself has been seeing. Any one with him can see the kid, but he refuses to talk about it.

Clearly, Smokey is not behind every apparition.

The polar bears were in the Hydra island zoo. It's never specifically said but the Others did say they were keeping Sawyer & Kate in the polar bear cages, so you can make the logical jump there. Theoretically you could say the same for all the other animals seen too, though you'd have to explain how they got from Hydra island to the main island (the bears could swim it, but the boars?).

Walt was just "special" so that's why we've seen him all over the place. I'm assuming his story will go unresolved (much like Libby's). You know, after the show is done, I'd love to see Darlton do a series of comics or something to answer any unanswered questions.

damn it... the local broadcasters were having problems with their signal during Lost tonight (something to do with the gale force winds blowing here in Cheyenne, I would guess)... what was Claire yelling at Locke about in the last scene?

coyote6

Adventurer
So, who's going to be the final candidate -- Jack, Sawyer, or Hugo?

They're clearly setting it up to be Jack, and he's basically volunteering for the job -- so that makes me think it'll be Hugo or Sawyer. :)

Sawyer would make sense, as a final act of redemption, going from self-serving (and -loathing) grifter to volunteering to keep a monster caged up for centuries. When Kate dies, that'll be just about the last straw for him, so I could also see him reversing his decision to leave. Especially if it means he gets to stick it to Locke Monster.

Hugo would be awesome, because he's not The Hero. He also has all sorts of supernatural stuff going on already -- he was seeing dead people when he was off the island, was tied up with the numbers (which led him to ludicrous extremes of luck, good and bad), etc. He would also get to stay where Libby was buried.

Or will they flip it, and somehow get rid of the whole candidate thing?

fba827

Adventurer
damn it... the local broadcasters were having problems with their signal during Lost tonight (something to do with the gale force winds blowing here in Cheyenne, I would guess)... what was Claire yelling at Locke about in the last scene?

It wasn't yelling so much as frantic questioning. The gist of it was

[sblock]
Locke: The sub just sunk
Claire: But they were all on it. they're all dead?
Locke: Not all of them
(Locke starts grabbing his gun and gear)
Claire: Where you going?
Locke: To finish what I started.
[/sblock]

Diamond Cross

Banned
Banned
Claire wasn't yelling at Locke she was upset because Sawyer made the decision to leave without her.

I noticed Ben and Richard are missing from this episode. What happened to them?

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
Ben, Richard, and Miles struck out on their own rather than go with Hurley to Locke. I suspect they'll turn up before all is said and done.

LightPhoenix

First Post
I thought (or was led to believe) that the candidates were protected from harm, much like Richard. Perhaps that was a little too hasty. Given the title of the episode though, my suspicion is the reason Sayid and Jin could die was because the candidate was already chosen. Since Jack decided to stay on the island, my supposition is that it has to be him. Everyone else was no longer needed, and so they could die.

EDIT: Of course, if that's the case, why exactly aren't Bernard and Rose candidates?

Fast Learner

First Post
Claire wasn't yelling at Locke she was upset because Sawyer made the decision to leave without her.
It depends on which Claire yelling he's talking about. She was definitely yelling in horror/frustration in response to Locke/Smokey reporting that the sub had sunk and implying that indeed some of them were dead.

I thought (or was led to believe) that the candidates were protected from harm, much like Richard. Perhaps that was a little too hasty. Given the title of the episode though, my suspicion is the reason Sayid and Jin could die was because the candidate was already chosen.
Here's my understanding: Smokey can't kill candidates, but candidates can certainly be killed by others. That's Jack's idea behind the bomb: if Sawyer had left it alone then it couldn't have killed any of them, but if it was messed with then it would be Sawyer killing them, which is exactly what happened.

They're not the same as Richard, but they are protected from Smokey.

Remove ads