• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LOST - Wednesday 10/05/05 9:00 PM EDT

WayneLigon

Adventurer
reveal said:
I have a feeling that Jack has been burned by "faith." One scenario I was talking about with my wife was perhaps Jack's wife either died or left him. In either case, maybe Jack feels betrayed by the "miracle" that occured to allow her to walk again, since he did consider it a miracle. That would explain his attitude towards not believing in what he can't explain.

I was wondering that, yeah. I think that whole little scene in the bunker was Locke trying to get some edge over Jack, since he knows Jack is the linchpin to control over this entire group. Control Jack, you control the rest. He's been deprived of the people he was gathering around him (Walt, Boone, possibly Charlie), so.. maybe he's trying a different tack. Jack knows this or at least suspects it, from what he said to Kate about 'We may have a Locke problem'.

So now we have the idea of both Locke and Jack having lost the person they loved, both having extreme father issues. Locke able to give up one obsession, only to find another one? From his phone conversations with the phone sex woman he was calling 'Helen', it seems he lost Helen later and was obsessing over her.

Could just be that Locke's gone quietly nuts. Whatever he saw, which may or may not be the security system, affected him so strongly that he hasn't been the same since.

Maniac

Explorer
Rel said:
Has anybody noticed how the symbols around the edge of the Dharma logo are not all the same? I'll bet there is a pattern to them that somehow interacts with the "numbers". I've tried counting around the edges a bit but have come up with nothing I feel is compelling.

Many have noticed.
The Dharma logo is very much like a symbol called the Bagua.
See here: http://www.4815162342.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1377
There are other sites too.

The symbols on the edge are trigrams and I believe come from the I-Ching.

M.

John Crichton

First Post
So far, I've gotten 3 of the 4 number ranges on the bottom to show green.

Just gotta get the 4th.... *grr*

Note: The site won't work for me in Firefox so now I'm using IE.

fett527

First Post
John Crichton said:

Share and share alike now... I've only gotten one green.

Last edited:

Taelorn76

First Post
John Crichton said:

So many websites so little time. Which site are you referring to John?

John Crichton

First Post
fett527 said:
Share and share alike now...
Certainly.

First off, I'm no longer using the dharma page itself. After checking the source page on that site it lead me here:

http://www.kraftkost.se/index.htm

Which is the same thing as the dharma site but it has to mean something.

The symbols align like this (N meaning north, NE meaning northeast and so on):

N - Flame
NE- Earth 3
E - Swamp
SE- Heaven 2
S - Water
SW- Mountain 1
W - Thunder
NW- Wind

The numbers I've put next to each are how many of the number sets will light green when running the mouse over that part of the screen (near the symbol) while the numbers are randomizing but before the grey boxes start to appear over the numbers. That's where I'm stuck now...

EDIT: You can either refresh the screen to try different spots quickly or just right click on the flash animation and choose rewind. Rinse, repeat, get frustrated and smash keyboard.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads