• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Love it or hate it, 3e style

What's your opinion on 3e/3.5e/OGL

• Love it!

Votes: 96 32.4%
  • Like it

Votes: 64 21.6%
  • Mixed bag

Votes: 73 24.7%
  • Dislike it

Votes: 37 12.5%
  • Hate it!

Votes: 22 7.4%
  • Meh, who cares?

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Poll closed .

Hairfoot

First Post
Methinks someone has attempted to skew the poll by just a wee bit ;-) Since the "Hate" option has shot up to 500 votes in less than four hours, I suspect a touch of foul play :p.

I was just reviewing the thread for the same reason. Who cares enough to tinker with the poll?

Akrasia

Procrastinator
"Mixed bag"

Like: the OGL. It allowed for a number of good games to be produced, including free versions of older versions of D&D (the 'retro-clones' Swords & Wizardry, OSRIC, and Labyrinth Lord). Consequently, the OGL facilitated the 'Old School Renaissance' (viz., a modest upsurge of interest in, and material for, 0e/Basic/1e D&D).

Dislike: 3.x D&D itself. My least favourite version of D&D (although I have not tried 4e).

Hjorimir

Adventurer
I voted Mixed Bag. While I recognize some great things about the 3e era, I don't think I could ever really bring myself to play or DM that edition again. I honestly don't think much of 95% of OGL created material, but there are a few gems in there like Mutants and Masterminds. Most of it really stank (just sharing my opinion, no offense intended).

4e is my flavor of choice these days and I can't live without DDI support.

jcfiala

Explorer
I posted 'Mixed Bag' because although I like playing it just fine, you'ld pretty much have to pay me cash money to get me to run a campaign in it above 6th level or so.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads