• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Low level Ebberon adventure

Xilo

First Post
Hi,

Can any one recommend any published Ebberon adventures to use as a trial run of the campaign setting? Ideally it'd be for levels 3-4.

Thanks

Glyfair

Explorer
Oddly enough, 3-4 is the weak point of Eberron adventures.

The following Dungeon adventures have notes for adjusting to levels 3-4.

#113 – “The Queen with Burning Eyes” by James Wyatt (1-5)
#117 – “Fallen Angel” by Keith Baker (1-5)
#133 – "Chimes at Midnight" by Nicholas Logue (3-6)
#136 – "Tensions Rising" by Ryan Smalley (2-6)
#143 – "Riding the Rail" by Christopher Wissel (3-5)
#147 – "The Aundairian Job" by Craig Shackleton (3-5)

Of these, only "Tensions Rising" is written for those levels (level 4). It doesn't look too bad, but I haven't run it.

I recommend "Chimes at Midnight" highly, but adjusting will be a lot of work (removing class levels from quite a few characters). I also recommend "Fallen Angel."

One of the Eberron trilogy adventures was written for those levels (Grasp of the Emerald Claw perhaps?), but I don't personally recommend them.

Wik

First Post
We just ran through "Fallen Angel" tonight. We're three 4th level characters, and it was a perfect challenge level. I really liked the last half of it, too - there's a bit of wondering "who's the big bad guy?" going on.

Xilo

First Post
Cool 'Fallen Angel' looks good. I would do Chimes at Midnight, but I'm going to add it into my actual campaign at some point.

Glyfair

Explorer
Xilo said:
Cool 'Fallen Angel' looks good. I would do Chimes at Midnight, but I'm going to add it into my actual campaign at some point.

Yeah. I might be worth waiting until "Quoth the Raven" (Dungeon #150) and perhaps the last in the trilogy (rumored to be the Eberron adventure WotC has solicited him for the DI).

Besides, it's a great adventure to foreshadow. It's best if the PCs have a relationship with the key PCs.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads