• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Don't Let It Go!

resrick

First Post
144px-The_Alchemist_by_yuumei.jpg

Devlin look to where Charity points and nods his head,"Yes, that place will do nicely I think for us to get settled in some. Besides, I could use a cup of hot drink myself." Devlin pulls his jacket tight and starts walking down the road. As he approaches the guards he looks to them and smiles. "Hello gentlemen," Devlin says as they continue past the guards towards the nearest eatery and inn.

[sblock=ministats]Devlin Eldlya

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 26/26
CMB:+2 CMD: 15
Fort: +5 Reflex: +7 Will: +2

Perception: +8
Initiative: +5

Bombs: 7/7
Mutagen Prepared: Dexterity

Extracts Prepared: 1: Targeted Bomb Admixture 2: Cure Light Wound. 3:___ 4:____
Formulae List: Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture, Expeditious Retreat, Stone Fist

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Used Items: None

Read more: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Devlin_(resrick)
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Aishe Luminitse (Jaelle Nuri)
[section]

Aishe nods respectfully at the guards as she passes. She makes no effort to mask her reaction to the cold, shivering slightly and rubbing her arms as she walks with the others towards the indicated building.

[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Taking 10 on Disguise Checks (for a 27).[/sblock]

Initiative: +03
AC: 17 (13 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed)
HP: 38/38
Senses: DarkVision (120’), Low-Light Vision Perception: +07
CMB: +06 CMD: 19
Fort: +05 Reflex: +07 Will: +01
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Yosephus walked beside Devlin, shivering. It was much colder than he thought it would be.

The cleric kept looking forward and walked seriously on the snowy road. "That place sounds good to me," he said.

~ Written by LMiller​
[sblock=Yosephus]Yosephus Errol Smithe
AC: 19 (10 flat-footed, 19 touch)
CMB: +2 CMD: 12

Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
Perception: +3 Sense Motive: +11
Initiative: +0

Channel Energy: 6/6
Spells:
Orisons: Create Water, Guidance, Purify Food and Drink, Resistance
1st Level: Bless, Hide from Undead, Shield of Faith, Cure Light Wounds (Domain)
2nd Level: Lesser Restoration, Silence, Cure Moderate Wounds (Domain)
Domain Powers Remaining Today:
Rebuke Death: 6/6
Resistant Touch: 6/6
Race Features:
Halo Status: OFF
Incorruptible: 1/1[/sblock][sblock=GM Note]Sorry, I would have posted it last night, but the site was really slow[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 19, mid-afternoon: Ashore Yarendel ~

Winter%20Guard%203_zpsbzacv3fp.png
Winter%20Guard%201_zpsjykpwvec.png
Winter%20Guard%202_zpsadqgfvsd.png

The patrol of guards eyed the four you as you walked on past. One nodded curtly to acknowledge Devlin’s greeting, but his expression remained taciturn.

A few buildings down on the main boulevard you entered a tavern called the Skipping Salmon, as advertised with a sign hanging over the door. The guards had not followed, but you could feel their eyes tracking your movements until you were inside.

The tavern was not very busy, but there was a warm fire burning in the hearth. Only a handful of patrons were present, warming themselves with hot drinks as evidenced by their grip on the warm mugs with both hands.

Menander%20Garimos_zpswjki2nkj.jpg
Kale%20Garimos_zps8d9hqehy.jpg

Like taverns in towns all over, it looked like a family-run business with the couple personally seeing to running the bar and kitchen. The blond haired woman pointed out a few empty tables, one even close to the fire. She took an order for some drinks and promised to bring to you in a few minutes.

[sblock=Combat Information]
Party Status:
Code:
Charity:   42/42 HP remaining;
Yosephus:  26/26 HP remaining;
Devlin:    26/26 HP remaining;
->Pony:    13/13 HP remaining;
Jaelle:    38/38 HP remaining;

Spells Cast:
Abilities Used:
   Charity:  Smite Evil 0/1, Lay on Hands 0/6, Chan Erg 0/7, Spells 1st 0/1
   Yosephus: Chan Erg 0/6,  Reb Death 0/6, Resist Tch 0/6, Incorrupt 0/1, Spells 1st 0/4, 2nd 0/3
   Devlin:   Bombs 0/7, Mutagen 0/1, Extracts 1st 0/4
   Jaelle:   None
Conditions in effect: None
[/sblock] [sblock=GM Note]We can speed along gathering information among unnamed NPCs if you want to roll some checks on your next posts.[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Nodding to the blonde woman and picking out the empty table next to the fire, Charity takes a few extra moments to be sure a proper chair for Devlin is located before anything else. She then sets her pole-arm down next to her and takes a seat herself, specifically positioning herself to be able to see out into the room.

When either of the two owners of the establishment come to the table (more likely the wife, from the looks of it), Charity smiles and greets them, "Hunh. I'd been told there was some unusually cold weather here, glad I took it seriously. The harbor's almost frozen closed! What the heck happened?"

After a short pause, the redhead adds, "Oh, please excuse my manners. I'll take whatever you're serving, so long as it's hot and you'd eat it yourself. I'm not picky. Been eating ship food for weeks."

[sblock=Actions]Charity isn't just acting suspicious in the way she sets herself up, he follows it up with a careful watch over the situation (and a good perception, if need be). As for the conversation and starting to gather information, here is my roll:
Diplomacy roll to gather information at the Skipping Salmon: 1D20+12 = [9]+12 = 21
This inn reminds me of The Happy Tomato, an inn from a live game I was in that got a lot of attention over the name. :)[/sblock]
[sblock=LMiller]Welcome and thank you for giving voice to Yosephus![/sblock]
[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]Charity
AC: 20/18 (19/17 flat-footed, 11 touch)
(Use second AC value when shieldless)
HP: 42/42
CMB: +7 CMD: 18

Fort: +9 Reflex: +7 Will: +9
Perception: +10 Sense Motive: +9
Initiative: +1

Lay on Hands remaining: 8/8
Channel Energy remaining: 7/7
Spells remaining: Lesser Restoration (x2)
Smite remaining: 1/1
Divine Bond remaining: 1/1

Current Item(s) in Hand: none
Current Conditions in Effect: Cold Weather Clothing
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Yosephus walked to the tavern, and looked at the sign on the door. He read it as he went inside the building. "The Skipping Salmon," the cleric mumbled, and looked around the room.

After the blonde haired women points to the tables, Yosephus said, "We would like the one next to the fire." He quietly walked over with the table, and sat down after the halfling.

For the drinks, the cleric replied, "I would like anything you serve. Maybe a hot drink, if possible."

When the women brought their drinks, Yosephus asked a few questions. "Excuse me, do you know why the harbor is frozen? It's very hard for travelers like us to get our ships into port."

~ Written by LMiller​

[sblock=Yosephus]Yosephus Errol Smithe
AC: 19 (10 flat-footed, 19 touch)
CMB: +2 CMD: 12

Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
Perception: +3 Sense Motive: +11
Initiative: +0

Channel Energy: 6/6
Spells:
Orisons: Create Water, Guidance, Purify Food and Drink, Resistance
1st Level: Bless, Hide from Undead, Shield of Faith, Cure Light Wounds (Domain)
2nd Level: Lesser Restoration, Silence, Cure Moderate Wounds (Domain)
Domain Powers Remaining Today:
Rebuke Death: 6/6
Resistant Touch: 6/6
Race Features:
Halo Status: OFF
Incorruptible: 1/1[/sblock][sblock=OOC Note]I'm looking forward to play with you guys!:) To Aura: Thank you! I will try my best to play Yosephus :cool:
- LMiller[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Aishe Luminitse (Jaelle Nuri)
[section]

Aishe slips into the tavern with the others, scanning the room surreptitiously, playing the role of a bodyguard disguising herself as a personal servant. She stands beside the table as Charity sees Devlin to his seat, and then seats herself. Looking somewhat uncomfortable, she responds to the offer of food and drink. "Just a small beer for me, please. Whatever stew is cooking when it's ready."

[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Taking 10 on Disguise Checks (for a 27).
Bluff Check (1d20+6=21) (to play the role).
Gather Information (1d20=5)[/sblock]

Initiative: +03
AC: 17 (13 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed)
HP: 38/38
Senses: DarkVision (120’), Low-Light Vision Perception: +07
CMB: +06 CMD: 19
Fort: +05 Reflex: +07 Will: +01
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 19, mid-afternoon: Ashore Yarendel ~

Kale%20Garimos_zps8d9hqehy.jpg

After delivering you four some food and drinks, the mature looking blonde woman was available to speak with you and answer some questions. You could see that she was hesitant to completely be free with her words. Perhaps it was because you were obviously strangers from out of town or maybe she feared be overheard.

"The harbors been frozen since about a couple weeks after the Queen made the island winter. She used her powerful magic to protect us from foreign powers. It has not stopped all from visiting, but it makes forcing their wares and good on us more challenging... so it is said."

"I assume you are from a land farther away. Are you visiting or planning to stay?"

[sblock=Combat Information]
Party Status:
Code:
Charity:   42/42 HP remaining;
Yosephus:  26/26 HP remaining;
Devlin:    26/26 HP remaining;
->Pony:    13/13 HP remaining;
Jaelle:    38/38 HP remaining;

Spells Cast:
Abilities Used:
   Charity:  Smite Evil 0/1, Lay on Hands 0/6, Chan Erg 0/7, Spells 1st 0/1
   Yosephus: Chan Erg 0/6,  Reb Death 0/6, Resist Tch 0/6, Incorrupt 0/1, Spells 1st 0/4, 2nd 0/3
   Devlin:   Bombs 0/7, Mutagen 0/1, Extracts 1st 0/4
   Jaelle:   None
Conditions in effect: None
[/sblock] [sblock=GM Note]I was kind of waiting on something from Devlin since he was supposed to be your cover story leader.
[MENTION=6775111]resrick[/MENTION], you still here?[/sblock]

resrick

First Post
144px-The_Alchemist_by_yuumei.jpg

Devlin finishes getting himself settled in and looks to the blond woman as she brings food to the table. "Ahh, thank you ma'am." He takes a swig of the delicious drink, thinking to himself how wonderful it is to have real food back in his belly rather than the sea biscuits. While he consumes some of the food he listens to her story.

"Ahh, well she did a fine job at that. It was quit difficult for us to come ashore and most of my wares I had to leave on our ship for now as well. You are correct in your assumptions about us. We are from a land far from here and are hoping to visit for a little while. I was planning on selling some of my alchemical secrets and formulae while i was here, but that may prove rather difficult. Tell us, why did the queen feel now was the time to use her power to protect your lands? Did she feel that a foreign land was threatening this country?"

[sblock=I'm here] I am terribly sorry on that. Real life has been kicking me in the teeth these past few weeks and keeping up with eveything that needs to be done has had me running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I am still here just slightly delayed. Again, my apologies and i will try to pick up the postings a little more. [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Devlin Eldlya

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
CMB:+2 CMD: 15
Fort: +5 Reflex: +7 Will: +2

Perception: +8
Initiative: +5

Bombs: 7/7
Mutagen Prepared: Dexterity

Extracts Prepared: 1: Targeted Bomb Admixture 2: Cure Light Wound. 3:___ 4:____
Formulae List: Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture, Expeditious Retreat, Stone Fist

Current Conditions in Effect: None
Used Items: None

Read more: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Devlin_(resrick)
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
With a bowl of stew before her, Charity swirls her spoon through it, letting the aroma waft up into her face. Smiling, she adds a little snippet to the conversation, "Sure would put a damper on some local business as well." She then takes her first bite, feeling the warmth. "Not ship food... sooo not ship food," whispers the flame haired Venzan.

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]CharityAC: 20/18 (19/17 flat-footed, 11 touch) (Use second AC value when shieldless)HP: 42/42CMB: +7 CMD: 18Fort: +9 Reflex: +7 Will: +9Perception: +10 Sense Motive: +9Initiative: +1Lay on Hands remaining: 8/8Channel Energy remaining: 7/7Spells remaining: Lesser Restoration (x2)Smite remaining: 1/1Divine Bond remaining: 1/1Current Item(s) in Hand: noneCurrent Conditions in Effect: Cold Weather ClothingTemporary items in possession: noneItems not currently in possession: noneItems depleted: none[/sblock]

Remove ads