[LPF] Don't Let It Go!

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 19, mid-afternoon: Ashore Yarendel ~

Winter%20Guard%203_zpsbzacv3fp.png
Winter%20Guard%201_zpsjykpwvec.png
Winter%20Guard%202_zpsadqgfvsd.png

The guard patrol nodded to the townsfolk and sent them on their way. Then they purposefully followed after you, but they had not reached you yet.

The streets were fairly quiet, all other pedestrians bundled up tight and quickly going about whatever business they had to get out of the cold sooner.

[sblock=Combat Information]
Party Status:
Code:
Charity:   42/42 HP remaining;
Yosephus:  26/26 HP remaining;
Devlin:    26/26 HP remaining;
->Pony:    13/13 HP remaining;
Jaelle:    38/38 HP remaining;

Spells Cast:
Abilities Used:
   Charity:  Smite Evil 0/1, Lay on Hands 0/6, Chan Erg 0/7, Spells 1st 0/1
   Yosephus: Chan Erg 0/6,  Reb Death 0/6, Resist Tch 0/6, Incorrupt 0/1, Spells 1st 0/4, 2nd 0/3
   Devlin:   Bombs 0/7, Mutagen 0/1, Extracts 1st 0/4
   Jaelle:   None
Conditions in effect: None
[/sblock] [sblock=GM Note]I just wanted to give you all a quick post to show the Guards are still there, but still give you time to talk among yourselves to answer the questions.[/sblock]

resrick

First Post
144px-The_Alchemist_by_yuumei.jpg

Devlin turns from his companions and begins the steady walk down the road, looking into various shops along the way. He looks to Yosephus and nods in agreement. "Yes, we should procure a few provisions if we plan to go into the mountains. Alas, I think it may be difficult to procure and information from the people here without arousing suspicion." He looks into a couple of windows before snapping his fingers as a plan clicks in his head. "I have it. Why not go on to the castle. There we can ask more questions about trade within the city and maybe gains some insight into where the Queen is now. Besides, it is still mid day so there is plenty of time to find an inn and shop as well." His eyes cast a quick glance at the guards following and he looks back to his companions,"maybe our friends there would not have as much issue if we went asking permission at the castle and getting guidance before spouting off that we are merchants eiy?

[sblock=OOC] Thanks PM! Just wasnt 100% on it and wanted to be sure before any decisions were made. [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Devlin Eldlya

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 26/26
CMB:+2 CMD: 15
Fort: +5 Reflex: +7 Will: +2

Perception: +8
Initiative: +5

Bombs: 7/7
Mutagen Prepared: Dexterity

Extracts Prepared: 1: Targeted Bomb Admixture 2: Cure Light Wound. 3:___ 4:____
Formulae List: Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture, Expeditious Retreat, Stone Fist

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Used Items: None

Read more: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Devlin_(resrick)
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Still maintaining a quiet voice, Charity addresses the ideas put forward. "If we have people who don't feel sufficiently geared out for a trip into the mountains, then we should take care of that, by all means. It's something we're pretty sure we'll have to do so might as well make sure we are ready. I chose some things for it already, assuming we're not trying to directly scale the mountains, although I did bring some climbing gear."

Looking around, the young Venzan observes, "It's so quiet, like the place is under martial law. In any case, heading to the castle might be seen as provocative and lead to a confrontation. We should seek to avoid that." The sounds of her footfalls carrying further than her voice, Charity continues towards the market district.

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]Charity
AC: 20/18 (19/17 flat-footed, 11 touch)
(Use second AC value when shieldless)
HP: 42/42
CMB: +7 CMD: 18

Fort: +9 Reflex: +7 Will: +9
Perception: +10 Sense Motive: +9
Initiative: +1

Lay on Hands remaining: 8/8
Channel Energy remaining: 7/7
Spells remaining: Lesser Restoration (x2)
Smite remaining: 1/1
Divine Bond remaining: 1/1

Current Item(s) in Hand: none
Current Conditions in Effect: Cold Weather Clothing
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Aishe Luminitse (Jaelle Nuri)
[section]

Aishe walks along with the others, looking into shop windows casually whenever the group stops and then moving along with them as they proceed. "I agree with Charity; it would be a misstep to approach the castle directly. However, I have no better ideas at the moment besides haring blindly off into the mountains. This is frustrating!"

[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Taking 10 on Disguise Checks (for a 27).[/sblock]

Initiative: +03
AC: 17 (13 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed)
HP: 38/38
Senses: DarkVision (120’), Low-Light Vision Perception: +07
CMB: +06 CMD: 19
Fort: +05 Reflex: +07 Will: +01
[/sblock]

resrick

First Post

"Hmm" Devlin thinks to himself as the group heads towards various shops. "You may be right. Figuring a way to go about this inconspicuously is very difficult." He scratches his head, takes off his glasses, cleans them for a moment, then places them back onto his face. "Your plan makes the most sense i think Yosephus. Let us go to the market and scrounge up some supplies and maybe glean some more information while we are there. Seems as good a plan as any with the current circumstances." Devlin begins to head towards the market, attempting to show his role as the businessman with his entourage of guards.

Formulae List: Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture, Expeditious Retreat, Stone Fist

[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Yosephus followed Devlin and said, "Okay, let's head to the market."

~ Written by LMiller​

[sblock=Yosephus]Yosephus Errol Smithe
AC: 19 (10 flat-footed, 19 touch)
CMB: +2 CMD: 12

Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
Perception: +3 Sense Motive: +11
Initiative: +0

Channel Energy: 6/6
Spells:
Orisons: Create Water, Guidance, Purify Food and Drink, Resistance
1st Level: Bless, Hide from Undead, Shield of Faith, Cure Light Wounds (Domain)
2nd Level: Lesser Restoration, Silence, Cure Moderate Wounds (Domain)
Domain Powers Remaining Today:
Rebuke Death: 6/6
Resistant Touch: 6/6
Race Features:
Halo Status: OFF
Incorruptible: 1/1[/sblock][sblock=OOC Note]Yosephus doesn't need anything from the market, already has snowshoes and cold weather gear
- LMiller[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 19, mid-afternoon: Ashore Yarendel ~

Winter%20Guard%203_zpsbzacv3fp.png
Winter%20Guard%201_zpsjykpwvec.png
Winter%20Guard%202_zpsadqgfvsd.png

The guard patrol continued to loosely follow your band to the market area. They did not approach you, but watched your progress.

There was a little more activity in and around the shops. You could find most goods you mind need, such as provisions and cold weather gear. The locals had plenty of reindeer hide clothing and other furs. The also has reindeer jerky for travel rations. The stalls that were open to the outside had braziers to provide heat, but most places had been converted to be completely enclosed, keeping out the harsher weather.

While it was mid-afternoon, the sun was not following the winter track through the sky and it appeared you would have a good 4 hours of decent daylight left in the day.

[sblock=Combat Information]
Party Status:
Code:
Charity:   42/42 HP remaining;
Yosephus:  34/34 HP remaining;
Devlin:    26/26 HP remaining;
->Pony:    13/13 HP remaining;
Jaelle:    38/38 HP remaining;

Spells Cast:
Abilities Used:
   Charity:  Smite Evil 0/1, Lay on Hands 0/6, Chan Erg 0/7, Spells 1st 0/1
   Yosephus: Chan Erg 0/6,  Reb Death 0/7, Resist Tch 0/7, Incorrupt 0/1, Spells 1st 0/5, 2nd 0/4
   Devlin:   Bombs 0/7, Mutagen 0/1, Extracts 1st 0/4
   Jaelle:   None
Conditions in effect: None
[/sblock]

Last edited:

resrick

First Post

Devlin searches around the market for a time, but doesn't notice anything of particular relevance for the upcoming trek into the mountains. "Hmm, all these items look rather interesting in comparison to the ones I purchased back home, but there would be no point in buying new items when I already more than adequate pieces to use." He does frown to himself for a moment as he thinks on the trek back to the ship." Maybe in the morning we can make the quick trek back to the ship and I will grab the items I need from my saddle bags." As the cold settles in on the little halfling he makes his way over to one of the many braziers burning outside. "So, what shall we do now? We still have a little time until dark. We could make our way to an inn and procure some rooms for the evening then set in the early morning, though, we still have not obtained much information." He glances around once more at the myriad of people going to and fro in the market area. "Our benefactor may be correct that the people are being tricked, but most of these people look as if they are rugged and used to these types of conditions. And we heard very little negativity from the lady of the inn. I would hate to be uninformed in this endeavor, but obtaining more information seems a dangerous course of action. It may just be time to act instead."

[sblock=OOC] Kind of at a loss on what to do next here =P Also, heads up, I am having eye surgery today so I will be down for a few days. Whatever decision the group makes just have me follow/lead the way on it. If the guards attack us or something please protect my innocent little halfling from harm! lol see yall in a few days. [/sblock]

[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=GM Note]Take care, Resrick.

Yeah, I am gathering you all are struggling on what to do next. I don’t really want to spoon feed you, but you might just have to take some chances.[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Checking to make sure nobody is in earshot, Charity replied in a soft, even voice. "Hunh," she begins, "I thought people actually had the things they needed. I'm concerned the people here are so defensive that what we're buying will make it back to the guard and inform them of our intentions. I thought we came here to maintain our illusion as traders."

Charity twirls a lock of red hair around her finger a while, thinking, then continues, "The situation is worse than Hans had imagined, or let on. The queen has made sufficient inroads in assuring loyalty that people were informing the guards of our activities. It's not perfect; there was a distinct feeling of fear coming from the innkeepers. If we are to have further conversations with locals trying to get actionable information, we will have to choose those that seem to be uneasy with the new status quo. And we can't do that with three guards tailing us everywhere we go." She sighs deeply.

"Perhaps it should head out of town. Perhaps the hold the queen has on the local populace isn't as strong outside town, and we can find a more conducive environment for our questions there."

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]Charity
AC: 20/18 (19/17 flat-footed, 11 touch)
(Use second AC value when shieldless)
HP: 42/42
CMB: +7 CMD: 18

Fort: +9 Reflex: +7 Will: +9
Perception: +10 Sense Motive: +9
Initiative: +1

Lay on Hands remaining: 8/8
Channel Energy remaining: 7/7
Spells remaining: Lesser Restoration (x2)
Smite remaining: 1/1
Divine Bond remaining: 1/1

Current Item(s) in Hand: none
Current Conditions in Effect: Cold Weather Clothing
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none[/sblock]

Remove ads