[LPF] Elenore's Jewels

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos eyes the bracers appreciatively. "Well worth it, I'm sure," he says of the items and the gold. "Call if you need, and we'll do likewise," he says with a grin as he and Tyrien collect their earnings. While polite, he makes an eager exit when the opportunity arises, hoping to avoid the wrong set of eyes catching sight of them all together.

[sblock=ooc]Numbers all look good to me. My only question is whether they account for the bribing, or should I decrement Eanos' coins by that 102 gp that cost? I don't mind either way, and it'll be next week before I get anywhere near doing all the updating on Eanos, so no rush. Thanks for the wild ride. :) [/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
OOC: I thought we said it would just be a wash. I could add in the coins into the coffer to balance it, but it is just easier to assume the bribes/expenses were covered in the treasure rewards and keep things simple. Final numbers are net results.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Thanks for the wild ride. :)
I am not sure how well this really turned out. It was very difficult to plan an encounter to balance out things with the gap between Tyrien and Eanos in combat power.

By effectively nerfing the Arcane Archer, it looked to be doable. I had not thought about Tyrien snatching the club and going to town when I did the design. But with little knives, combat would have dragged out forever. 3-4 damage a round when characters have 40-60 HP is a long combat.

I am happy you had fun, that is what's important. :)
But I am not thinking the scenario as written will work for future recycling as I originally thought.

Also, by not fighting the guards in the end the larger brawl I had planned did not happen either. So you ended up with less experience and missed looting Blancher and his guards of their Rings of Protections. But as things happened, the conclusion was a better result for the PCs reputation.

Satin Knights

First Post
Just to be official, I will do a judge's stamp on the numbers. Yes, small bribes are rolled into the cost of the adventure and swept under the rug.

Eanos earned 8,046 xp and 7,968 gp.
PM earned 7.00 DMCs.
APPROVED.

jkason

First Post
Also, by not fighting the guards in the end the larger brawl I had planned did not happen either. So you ended up with less experience and missed looting Blancher and his guards of their Rings of Protections. But as things happened, the conclusion was a better result for the PCs reputation.

Ah, okay. Like I said at the time, I had a hard time wrapping my head around two practically-naked fighters making it through twice as many fully-armored guards while still trying to fight off the two guys behind us. That, plus the rejoinders from Elenore to avoid bringing attention to things had me thinking the guards were meant to be a timer on the steam room fight, rather than an actual combat encounter. I figured the White Cloaks wouldn't be far behind, and then things would get REALLY messy.

Like you said, though, I think this works out better story-wise and reputation-wise. Just enough trouble to fead into Eanos' "keep your head down or The Ears will hear" philosophy without full on chaos.

I hadn't been really on the lookout for an adventure, anyway, so I'm more than happy with the XP / treasure Eanos got. And now there's seeds for future trouble and whatnot, so that's also fun. :)

And thanks, SK, for the official stamp, as well.

Remove ads