• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Expansion

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Kalius hands Veniarus his Crossbow and Quiver. Veniarus quickly loads the Crossbow with a bolt and takes aim. Though not wanting to fire into a melee just at the moment he waits for a better opportunity to do so.

OOC: Not sure if handing the crossbow and loading it will take all my actions for the round, but since Kalius cannot engage the skeleton, I think this is all my actions for this round at least.

[sblock=Veniarus Mini Stats] Veniarus Tollar (DalkonCledwin)
Initiative: +2
Armor Class: 15 (13 Flat-footed, 12 Touch)
Hit Points: 16 // Current: 16
CMB: +1 CMD: 13 Fort: +1 Ref: +2 Will: +3

Current Weapon: Light Crossbow, Loaded, +3 (1d8)
Secondary Weapon: Morning Star, +1 (1d8)

Summon Monster: 7/7 Remaining
Spells Per Day: Infinite Cantrips Remaining; 2/3 First Level Remaining
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Guidance, Message, Resistance
First Level Spells: Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Mage Armor, Grease[/sblock][sblock=Kalius Mini Stats]Kalius (Eidolon)
Armor Class: 16 (14 Flat-Footed, 12 Touch)
Mage Armor Class: 20 (12 Touch, 18 Flat-Footed)
Hit Points: 20 // Current: 20
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Ref: +5 Will: +0

Current Weapon: Lucerne Hammer, +5 (1d12+4), 10 ft reach, Brace
Secondary Attack: Bite +0 (1d6+1)[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
OOC: You would actually have to move to I25 to hit it as it has as longspear, so is 10 feet away from Ariel. Do you still want to do this? You will draw an AOO.

OOC: do I want her skewered? Nope. Is it still what she would do? Yep. So she provokes an AoO. Although as a Monk, attacking unarmed, she still is considered Armed for purposes of AoO. Just for the record.

sunshadow21

Explorer
OOC: It's not the unarmed part that draws the AoO, it's the passing through the longspear range that does.

Megan's toss doesn't make it to the skeleton as it is able to deflect it back to Ariel with it's spear, allowing it avoid even splash damage, but that sets up Audra to get by without getting skewered, though the skeleton does try, and land a surprisingly solid hit. It withdraws back around the corner to force any throwers to take a penalty or be in range of it's spear.

OOC: Skeletal Champion now in J28, 20 damage. The party is up.

jkason

First Post
Saktouk Bekloric, half-orc monk

Saktouk rushes forward along the wall, recognizing that the same corner which blocks his throws will also make it harder for the skeleton to use its weapon to best effect. Unfortunately, once he gets into position, the orc's kick goes wide.

"Bollocks. Well, hello to ya mister bones. How be ye today?" he says in an attempt to cover his blunder.

[sblock=actions]Move: to I28, provoking AoO at I26. If I understand cover rules right, Saktouk gets +4 AC vs that, however, from the corner. so, AC 19 vs the AoO. Fingers crossed.

Standard: Unarmed attack. Can't imagine this hits:

Unarmed attack; damage (1d20+5=12, 1d6+4=6)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]Saktouk Bekloric
Perception: +7 (Darkvision 60')
AC: 15 (12 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 21 Current: 21
CMB: +5 CMD: 20 *

* Special: +2 grapple checks / defend from grapple

Fort: +4 (+6 vs poison & drugs, +8 vs alcohol)
Reflex: +5 Will: +5

Conditions in Effect: none (bless countered by anti-magic)

Current Weapon in Hand: Holy Water x2
Shuriken: 20/20 Remaining

Elemental Fist: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric

OOC: Got ninja'd and missed that it retreated.

Ariel pursues the skeleton behind Saktouk.

The warmaiden is determined, "By Helina, you shall return to the ground where your bones belong!"

She reaches the corner and smashes the second flask of holy water into the creature's torso.

[sblock=Actions]Free Action: TalkingMove Action: Move to I27 & Draw morningstar to offhand
Standard Action: Ranged touch attack; Holy Water (1d20+6=13, 2d4+1=6)
Free Action: Switch morningstar to right hand.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 22 (20 without shield, 18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 30 Current: 30
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: Point Blank Shot

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & morningstar
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 3/5 (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Aid, Lessor Restoration, Bull's Strength, Barkskin) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
Saktouk is able to use the corner to help avoid the spear blow as he moves forward, but is unable to connect with his own attack. Ariel's second throw bounces off the front plate of the armor and ends up smashing against the wall by Saktouk, splashing both him and the skeleton.

Hallwaymiddleofround2.jpg

Skeletal Champion 21 damage

OOC: Megan, Audra, and Venarius left to go this round.

VVilhem

First Post
Megan moves forward, drawing her light mace and dog slicer as she closes in and attack.
OOC: Megan should start at I23, from my last post. She will move in a straight line then down to J29, 30 ft of movement.

OOC: Take that bludgeoning dmg!

Last edited:

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
OOC: I think I'm doing this right, if I'm not let me know and I will reconsider my options. Not used to this stealthy, dexy type

Audra thinks she plants her right hand square in the things face, and does, but pulls her hand back shaking it. She stands there watching it retreat, watching Saktouk and Ariel pursue. They stop, she assumes the skeleton does too. She moves behind Ariel and Saktouk, pulling her cold iron handaxe from her belt and finds the two of them standing toe to toebones with the skeleton. She considers the situation a moment and, remembering the spear passing very near her during her last attempt to hurt it, she decides to go in low, tucking her shoulder and rolling around Saktouk to come up beside him. Instead of standing, she stays in the crouch afforded her by the tumble and takes a swipe at the skeleton with her handaxe.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Init: +2
AC: 16 Touch: 16 Flat Footed: 13
HP: 20 Current: 20
CMB: +2 CMD: 18 Fort +4 Reflex +6 Will +6
Current Weapon:
Handaxe, Cold Iron: Attack +3, Damage 1d6+1, Crit x3, Special: Slashing Damage
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads