[LPF] In Love and Death

GlassEye

Adventurer
[size=+5]In Love and Death[/size]

DM: GlassEye
Start Date: July 2, 2011

Heroes:
Kanli the Mad
Starting XP: 6,211 +1450 (encounter) + 1364 (TBX) = 9025 ending XP total.
Treasure: 2025 gp (encounter) + 1550 (TBG) = + 3575 gp total
Krag
Starting XP: 1,454 +1450 (encounter) + 706 (TBX) = 3610 ending XP total.
Treasure: 2025 gp (encounter) + 718 (TBG) = + 2743 gp total
Yoshiki Akita
Starting XP: 2,835 +1450 (encounter) + 850 (TBX) = 5135 ending XP total.
Treasure: 2025 gp (encounter) + 934 (TBG) = +2959 gp total.
Zelena Andu
Starting XP: 4,509 + 1450 (encounter) + 1084 (TBX) = 7043 ending XP total.
Treasure: 2025 gp (encounter) + 1230 (TBG) = + 3255 gp total.

As always, subtract any items taken from the list below from your share of the treasure.

Experience Earned:
--Shalorr Defeated: 1,200 xp; 300 xp each (July 22, 2011) (Yoshiki level 3)
--Outside the Mausoleum: 1,200 xp; 300 xp each (August 07, 2011) (zombie & gargoyle only)
--Opening the Door: 600 xp; 150 xp each (August 07, 2011) (rat swarm)
--Mausoleum Entry: 600 xp; 150 xp each (August 09, 2011) (giant centipede)
--Down the Stair: 600 xp; 150 xp each (August 14, 2011) (spiked pit trap)
--Main Burial Chamber: 1,600 xp; 400 xp each (August 27, 2011) (Efrem, burning skeleton companion, +6 skeletons) (Krag level 3)

Treasures Found:
--Initial Payment: 500 gold, scroll of magic weapon (x3) (x2) (75 gp), potion of cure light wounds (x2) (100 gp)
--Shalorr Defeated: Cestus (5 gp), Boar spear (5 gp), Chakram x3 (3 gp), +1 Hide armor with spikes (911.25 gp) (broken), 275.75 gold, 500 gold reward = 1,700 total
--Outside the Mausoleum: 1,700 gp in gems.
--Main Burial Chamber: Efrem’s gear: MW cold iron light hammer (302 gp), Chainmail (150 gp) , noble’s outfit (75 gp), various jewellry (100 gp), 2,733 gp worth of trinkets scattered about the mausoleum.
Corpse companion: MW breastplate (350 gp), MW longsword (315 gp) = 4,025 total

[sblock=Adventure Rules]* Group Initiative: I roll initiative for everyone on both sides. The side with the highest average goes first. However, if anyone on the losing side beats initiative of everyone on the winning side they get a free round to act before the winning side goes. Actions are resolved in posting order barring delaying, readying an action, and that sort of thing. If anyone has better ideas for running initiative in pbp I'm open to hear them.

* Dice rollers can be Invisible Castle or the EnWorld on-line dice roller for the players. I will usually use the ENWorld dice roller but reserve the right to use my dice at home for certain rolls.

* Any absences for longer than 2-3 days should be communicated to the DM. If you do not post for a week or more without having informed the DM, he reserves the right to remove you from the adventure giving you your share of the XP and treasure earned as well as time XP and gp to the date of your last post.

* If your character gets enough XP to level they may do so immediately. This grants the extra hp, but does not heal damage, and grants any additional spell slots, but not spells prepared. A caster capable of spontaneously casting could use these slots normally, a cleric could only use them for cure or inflict spells, a druid for summon nature's ally, etc. Prepared casters may prepare spells in these slots as if they had left the slots blank for the day, if they are able to do so. They can go through the appropriate spell preparation as if they had already rested if applicable.

* All characters need an appropriate character picture, head-shot preferably, for token on the tactical grids. Also a mini-stat spoiler block that includes a link to your character sheet will be required in every IC post.[/sblock]

NOTE: My personal preference is for a faster paced game. I like to post once a day if I'm able. If you are only able to post once every four to seven days this probably isn't the game for you.

I expect recruiting to take a little while as there may not be enough characters to fill the adventure in the Dunn Wright Inn at the moment. As soon as we get enough characters we'll head out.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Imelda Moretti

Upon entering the private meeting room you see the noble woman sitting stiffly at a table with her hands folded nervously upon it. She looks up when you enter and she motions to the chairs situated around the table. "Please, be seated. My name is Imelda Moretti. I am looking for someone to resolve a difficult situation for me and I hope that you will be able to help." Self-consciously but probably not even aware she is doing it her fingers graze the stitches across her face and she winces from even such a light touch.

Last edited:

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Level 2 Monk)

Yoshiki enters the room and takes one of the offered seats. "That looks like it hurts a bit." he says as he gestures towards the wound on her face. He pulls his robes around him and he sits down and crosses his legs, hands over his knee and one sandaled foot raised in the air. "I am here for personal redemption. What sort of difficult situation do you need help resolving? I may be able to be of service." He looks at her questioningly, examining her every facial expression for clues as to her real needs.

OOC: I can generally post at least once a day, if not more.

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena Adu (Cleric 1/ Bard 2)

A small figure, that you might guess to be three feet tall, enters the room after the monk, a drink in hand. She has shoulder length silver colored hair that is often pulled back into a ponytail to keep it out of the way. She has light grey eyes that seem full of life and wonder, but hold something, more. She has a pale complexion.

The small figure wears a mithral breastplate which shines from beneath a black tabard trimmed in silver. A silver crescent moon is within the middle. A small silver symbol of a crescent moon within a pentacle hangs from a braided chain about her chest. A long sword, also well tended, is sheathed at her right side along with a small cudgel. A quiver full of bolts hangs at her belt on her left side. A crossbow hangs from a leather strap across her back off to the side of her small backpack. A dark colored wooden shield also hangs across her pack, and it too has the similar silver crescent moon adorned upon it.

She has a radiant smile and a appears to stand in a confident manner. Although small, she does seem very able.

Zelena places her drink on the table and pulls out a chair and hops up on it. As Imelda starts to talk she casts a quick cantrip and anyone watching sees the glass frost up as she turns her well sugared lemon tea, into a nice iced tea. She smiles as she listens.

"Greetings to you Lady Moretti, I am Zelena Adu, a priestess of Ral. I have been in a few difficult situations and I would offer to aid you with your problem." She motions to the woman's wound, "Perhaps you would first let a priest tend to your wound?"

((Knowlegde (Local) on who Imelda Moretti is? 1d20+8=23))

[sblock=Zelena's Status]Gnome Cleric 1/Bard 2
Initiative: +2 Perception: +10
Conditions: Bless, Invisible
AC: 21 (13 touch; 19 flat-footed)
HP: 26 of 26
CMB: +0 CMD: 12 Fort: +4 Ref: +5 Will: +7
In Hand: none
Spells: Divine (0-level) Create Water, Detect Magic, Stablize; (1st level) Bless, Protection from Evil, Longstrider(d) (color notes a cast spell)
Arcane Spell Slots 0-level (at will) 1st level: 4 of 4 slots remaining (Grease, Silent Image, Vanish)
Channeling: 5 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 1 of 1 attempts remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining [/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Imelda Moretti

"Welcome, both of you. I hope others will be joining us soon but I'll go ahead and begin explaining the situation to you." With Yoshiki's comment Lady Moretti quickly withdraws her hand from her face. "It is more an irritation than painful now but as you might have guessed it relates directly to my problem.

Mistress Adu, forgive me, I am ignorant of the proper form of address for a priestess of your sect. It was my plan to seek healing after hiring a group to deal with my brother but I will gladly pay you for your service."
She reaches for her purse and begins withdrawing coins to pay for the healing.

[sblock=Knowledge (Local)]The Moretti family is a minor, Venzan noble family allied with the Gabbiano family. Some years ago the head of the family lost his wife in an accident and Imelda Moretti has been acting on behalf of the house since that time.[/sblock]

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 2)

Yoshiki raises an eyebrow at her statement. "Your brother? Your brother did that to you? I'm assuming this is an inter-family matter that are looking to have handled privately so as to not involve the authorities."

Songdragon

Explorer
"Those of higher rank are consider Protectors, but I am merely one of the faithful, traveling, learning and doing the will of Ral. you may call me Zelana or Miss Adu, however you wish."

The gnome nods at the woman comments and to young man with their coments as she slides off the chair and moves to approach Lady Moretti. She pulls out a nearby chair and easily jumps up on the chair so that she is level with the woman. She clutches the small silver moon about her neck and chants slowly as she touches the side of the woman's face. There is a brief silvery glow and the Lady feels a warmth as the wound knits itself... "There we are." she steps back to examine the results. Once a satisfied she will jump off the chair and slide it back in and return to her chair and drink.

The gnome then asks after the Lady Moretti's remarks, "Perhaps you should explain what has happened and what it is you require of us, Milady?"

((OOC: Jump up on the chair (acrobatics) 1d20+8=19; cast cure light wounds (prot. from evil spell used) 1d8+1=4; Looking to see if more healing is needed?))

[sblock=Zelena's Status]Gnome Cleric 1/Bard 2
Initiative: +2 Perception: +10
Conditions: Bless, Invisible
AC: 21 (13 touch; 19 flat-footed)
HP: 26 of 26
CMB: +0 CMD: 12 Fort: +4 Ref: +5 Will: +7
In Hand: none
Spells: Divine (0-level) Create Water, Detect Magic, Stablize; (1st level) Bless, Protection from Evil, Longstrider(d) (color notes a cast spell)
Arcane Spell Slots 0-level (at will) 1st level: 4 of 4 slots remaining (Grease, Silent Image, Vanish)
Channeling: 5 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 1 of 1 attempts remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining [/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Imelda Moretti

Lady Moretti pauses her speech a moment as Zelena calls upon divine power to heal. As the silvery light infuses the wound the purple flesh fades to its normal lightly tanned tone, stitches fall from her cheek pushed out by the magical healing, and the gash seals itself until nothing remains of the injury except a faint silver scar. Absentmindedly brushing stitches from her clothing Lady Moretti presses a few coins into Zelena's hands.

"Thank you, Zelena.

My brother did not do this directly,"
she says responding to Yoshiki's question. "Perhaps, this would be more clear if I began at the beginning...

My father died some years ago and my brother, Efrem, took over as head of the Moretti house. He felt his responsibility was to marry and provide an heir to continue the family line and pursuing this goal he came to Venza to arrange for a wife. This is where his plan fell apart. Efrem fell in love with Mitra, a beautiful young priestess of Dessano; totally unsuitable for marriage but Efrem would not be dissuaded.

They married but their marital bliss was not fated to last long. Mitra had an accident and died. Efrem took Mitra's death very hard and confined himself to his quarters. I was forced to take over the running of the house business. And then Efrem vanished. He was gone for a few days then suddenly reappeared and resumed his confinement. After a few more days he came out and seemed fine.

We were all quite pleased that my brother seemed to be back to his old self but after a few days his agitation increased until he vanished again. He followed this pattern, vanishing for longer periods of time until his most recent disappearance. I had not seen him for months until a few days ago when a groundsman informed me that he thought Efrem had returned and taken up residence in the family mausoleum where his wife was laid to rest.

I thought to speak to my brother and persuade him to return to the house so I went to the mausoleum. He refused to speak to me or even let me see him instead yelling through the heavy door. When I persisted he grew angry."

She pauses taking a deep breath to calm herself over what is obviously a disturbing memory.

"Hearing a scuff of boot on the stone walk behind me I turned... And that's when I took this wound. Somehow, Efrem called forth a mouldering corpse that slashed at me with its claws and ripped my face. I fled as fast as I could go."

Lady Moretti is quiet a moment before she continues.

"I am afraid my brother is delving into necromancy seeking a way to bring his wife back from death. And so I need you to put down whatever unholy things he has raised up and to bring my brother out so that we can see if he can be reasoned with, or healed of his madness, or failing that imprisoned in the Tower of Chains where they are equipped to deal with such things."

[sblock=OOC]Zelena is paid 10 gold for the healing.[/sblock]

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 2)

Yoshiki ponders as he listens to the story of her brother and his fall from grace. Concerned about the legality of the task for which he is being asked to perform, "This sounds fairly straight forward. I'm assuming your family owns the land for which your family mausoleum resides. Does the rest of your family agree with this plan and provide their permission for us to forcefully enter and possibly damage part of the mausoleum in a battle with these undead creations of his?"

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Kanli the Mad

"Necromancy? How terrible!"

The half-orc festooned with red handprints walks into the room, finding a place toward the back to lean confidently against the wall.

"My name is Kanli, and I would be most willing to assist you. It is good to see your face returned to you."

[sblock=Stats]
Kanli the Mad
Aberrant Sorcerer 3 / Bones Oracle 1
Initiative +2 Perception -2
HP 24
AC 14 (touch 12, ff 12)
BAB +1
CMB +3 CMD 15
Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +4
Acidic Ray 8/8, Sorc spells 7/7, Oracle spells 5/5
[/sblock]

Remove ads