• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Kaedyn's Quest

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris.jpg

"I'm not going to lie, Thuvian. I do like the sound of a warm bed, and information is always welcome. They might know a thing or two about what can we expect down that road. Ogres? Giants? The Missus?"

Systole

First Post
LTL_150.jpg

Lai Tai has a pained expression. "At risk of sounding contrary, one feels that one must disagree. One feels his duty is to find a way to combat the youkai which Sir Kaedyn is keeping in his tower, and to avenge the death of Sir Kaedyn's master. One does not feel that one should pause for creature comforts while others risk their lives to keep the youkai at bay." He looks around at the others. "Still, if that is the wish of the majority, one must accede."

[sblock=OOC]Lai Tai is pretty lawful and feels that a vacation in the middle of his duties would be wrong.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Lai Tai Liu

AC: 17 (15 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 30/30
CMB: +7 CMD: 19
Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +5

Perception: +7
Initiative: +4

Arcane Pool: 3/5
Staff Charges: 8/10
Cantrips (DC 12): Detect Magic, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
1st Level (DC 13): Chill Touch, Corrosive Touch, Enlarge Person, True Strike
2nd Level (DC 14): Frigid Touch, Stone Call

Current Weapon in Hand: Quarterstaff (+8, 1d6+7)
Current Conditions in Effect: Arcane Pool

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Tyrion_zps086703f6.jpg

Shrugging his shoulders Tryion says
If Lai's staff isn't charged I'm OK with taking the detour, but otherwise i'd say we should keep going.

[sblock=mini stats]
Tyrion Thankirk
AC: 20(Touch 12, Flatfooted 18)
HP: 46/46

Initiative: +2
Perception: +6 Sense Motive: +2
CMB: +8 CMD: 20 Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +6

Conditional Attack mods: Power Attack (-2/+6), Furious Focus (Ignore first PA Penalty), Overhead Chop (+2 to damage rolls w/ 1 attack)

Conditions: Ioun Torch (in darkness)

In Hand: Nothing yet.

Consumables
CLW Wand: 2 charges used.
Enlarge Person Potion
Protection from Evil Potion

[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris.jpg

"Of course, I didn't meant to make it sound like a vacation. I was just making a point of the pros of that choice"

"Clearly, if we take the town's route, the people there might be able to give us directions and counsel of what we can find ahead. You wouldn't believe how useful is town gossip if you listen carefully. We could be then better prepared if anything out of the ordinary has been happening on these side of the forest... but we will loose a day or so."

"If we press on, we might definitely get to the wizard's home quicker and our friends back in Venza can stop that nasty creature. And, who knows!? Perhaps those wretched things are of the same mind and will try to get here first"

"The question here is, do we feel ready to face them as we are now? After all we are one man less than when we started."

jackslate45

First Post
Tyrion_zps086703f6.jpg

"I think we'll do alright. We'll just have to be a little more careful s'all. Besides, depending on what these weapons are, we ourselves might be able to use them to defend ours selves gainst any creature that try to attack us. Sides, I'm sturdier than I look."
Tyrion says with a small smile, but continues with "At any rate, I'd rather we press on. We can swing by the town afta we pick up the gear, right?"
[sblock=mini stats]
Tyrion Thankirk
AC: 20(Touch 12, Flatfooted 18)
HP: 46/46

Initiative: +2
Perception: +6 Sense Motive: +2
CMB: +8 CMD: 20 Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +6

Conditional Attack mods: Power Attack (-2/+6), Furious Focus (Ignore first PA Penalty), Overhead Chop (+2 to damage rolls w/ 1 attack)

In Hand: Nothing yet.

Consumables
CLW Wand: 2 charges used.
Enlarge Person Potion
Protection from Evil Potion

[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, rangerish human ninja

Ru was uncharacteristically quiet after the encounter with the giant. He merely looked on, confused, as Amien retreated into the wood and failed to return. The next few days he was just as quiet, his brows knitted as he seemed to worry over something.

When it came to the fork, he finally seemed to shake off his stupor.

"I don't know what took over Goldilocks, but when otherworldly invaders are part of the equation, I suppose there are always powers at play you can't parse," he says. "I'm not keen on being down a man, and Bashu knows I would dearly love a soft bed, but if Goldy's sudden wanderlust had anything to do with what's going on, I think we need to hie ourselves to the sparklefingers with the answers sooner rather than later, before whatever possessed him decides it wants to try on a different meatsack."

[sblock=mini stats]
Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru Brike
AC: 18 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 14)

Perception: +6 (+7 Traps) Sense Motive: +5
CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +5 Reflex: +10 Will: +2
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)

Wakizashi: +7, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +5/+5, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +6, 1d6
Shuriken: +6, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +1d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Ranger's Focus (1/day)

In Hand: Wakizashi x2

Ki Pool: 3/3 remaining
Ranger's Focus: 1/1 remaining
Shuriken: 9/10 remaining
CLW Wand charges: 48/50 remaining

Used: 12 days' rations[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris.jpg

"Well, I guess that would be all about it. Pressing forward seems the preferred course of actions then." she nods at Ru and Tyrion.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 13, 16:00 - In the Darkwood ~

ForestPathFork_zps1479ee40.jpg

Picking the trail to the left slowed your progress considerably as the game trail no longer was very wide nor cared one bit about heading in a straight line. You were able to find the landmarks on the crude map the rest of the afternoon.

You spent another uneventful night under the canopy of the forest trees that obscured the stars. The next morning you resumed your trek in a misty morning with fog clinging to the forest throughout.

You struggled to find the tree with two trunks twisted together, but Lai Tai was persistent and managed to step off the trail to spot it from another angle to see the gap at the base of the trunks.

By late afternoon you thought you were close to Larsheil’s oak tree abode. Certainly there were several large oak trees in that particular area of the forest. But the most telling was the moss covered pillar of some long forgotten ruin that laid broken on the right side of the path.

[sblock=Combat Information]Party Status:
Code:
Ru:        30/30 HP remaining; 
Damaris:   27/27 HP remaining;
Lai Tai:   30/30 HP remaining;
Thuvian:   22/22 HP remaining;
Nora:      11/11 HP remaining;
Tyrion:    46/46 HP remaining; 

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used: 
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock] New Map
GM: I rolled Survival to keep from getting lost for you. Lai Tai saved you all.

Go ahead and place yourselves on the map. Please roll 3 Perception checks for my future use.

I am waiting on JS45 to level up Tyrion with DMC. Perhaps you want to do the same with Ru, jkason?

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, rangerish human ninja

"Well, if any giants stumble by looking for their missing toothpick, we've got that found already," Ru quips as he jabs a thumb toward the ruined pillar. "You know, finding hidden wizard's lairs would be a lot less trouble if they'd just post proper signs."

[sblock=ooc]PM, I can level him up if it helps. I know he pulls the EPL down more now that we've shrunk a bit. Do you have tracking on what his current XP is so I spend the DMC properly without throwing things into disarray? Thanks much.

Sigh. Ditzie isn't playing nice with me again. I've dragged the Ru icon onto the map three times, but it never sticks. I was trying to stick him at H,-5 if it helps. He was playing rear guard before, though, so wherever everyone else ends up, you can throw him at the back, too.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]

Ru Brike
AC: 18 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 14)

Perception: +6 (+7 Traps) Sense Motive: +5
CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +5 Reflex: +10 Will: +2
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)

Wakizashi: +7, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +5/+5, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +6, 1d6
Shuriken: +6, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +1d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Ranger's Focus (1/day)

In Hand: Wakizashi x2

Ki Pool: 3/3 remaining
Ranger's Focus: 1/1 remaining
Shuriken: 9/10 remaining
CLW Wand charges: 48/50 remaining

Used: 13 days' rations[/sblock]

Remove ads