• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Kaedyn's Quest

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris.jpg

The sight of the winged woman made the hairs on the back of Damaris neck stand up "I'm going to go ahead and think that's the woman he was talking about, Ru" Damaris sternly warned Ru about what they knew from Kaedyn.

[sblock=Tactics??]
Oh my.

PM remind me, please, we had some potions to deal with outsiders, right? The ones we got from the dead elf. I don't remember exactly what were they supposed to do.... give us a bonuses/protection vs them? Could you clear this up?

Does Loremaster apply without losing my actions? If so.... Take 10+9= 19 Knowledge planes

I'm seriously debating what to do. I guess she would start trying to heal you with the wand, because I don't think Damaris can hit her. Also, the bardsong is only going to last a couple of turns more so I'm not sure we can drop her in that time with an AC so high. Are there ANY fire sources in the room? Torches?? Damaris can still cast Pyrotechnics(smokecloud)/Glitterdust. She's also saving one last Invisibility if things go down. Suggestions? [/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, human slayer

Ru smiles as Umthirn takes out the last Gith.

"Much obliged," he says, then frowns as he considers the woman with the wings.

"Princess, I do believe you're right. We were looking for a lady with wings, weren't we?" he calls back to Damaris. "And I seem to remember our friend gave us some presents to give her when we met."

[sblock=ooc]Gah! Good memory, SN. I'd forgotten. Digging...

Okay, Found 'em: Demon's Bane Flasks

Potion (oil) – Value 500gp
Coats one weapon medium one-handed or two handed weapon, 50 pieces of ammunition, or two small or light weapons. Duration 10 minutes, provides Bane vs. Evil Outsiders +2 Enchantment to Attack & +2d6 damage (untyped).

This is a homebrew magic item only usable in Kaedyn’s Quest. Upon conclusion, if it remains left over, it will automatically become vendor trash

This post says there were three of them.

This post puts them in Damaris' Handy Haversack (claimed from dead party members). Which is good, since Ru doesn't have his backpack with him.

If I've got all that right, Damaris should be able to retrieve a flask (move action) and apply it to both Ru's weapons (stadard action to use flask; coats two lights weapons) this round. Ru won't be able to attack this round, but next round he should be pretty nicely set up.

* If Damaris goes along with Ru's suggestion, he'll use a move action to get to her, and his standard action to Studied Target the winged woman (Damaris is using her actions to coat the weapons).

* If Damaris goes another route, Ru will move and attack instead.

I'm HOLDING Ru's actions for now, though, since it all depends on Damaris.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru Brike
AC: 19 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 15)
HP: 40/62

Initiative: +4
Perception: +9 (+11 Studied Target(s), +12 Traps)
Sense Motive: +5 (+7 Studied Target(s))
CMB: +6 CMD: 20 Fort: +8 Reflex: +10 Will: +4
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects, +3 Ref vs. traps)

Wakizashi: +10/+5, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +8/+8/+3/+3, 1d6
Nunchaku: +6/+1, 1d6
Shuriken: +6/+1, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +2d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Studied Target (move action or with sneak attack success, up to 2 targets), -2/+4 Power Attack

Conditions:Ioun Stone illumination, Bardic Performance (+2 attack / damage)

In Hand: Wakizashi x2

Shuriken: 9/10 remaining
CLW Wand charges: 39/50 remaining

Used: 15 days' rations[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
[sblock=Tactics] Seems good enough. Does the rest agree? Whether the effect works on her or not, that will give us the definitive cue to make a last stand or GTFO. The horses were ready outside. [/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]
Good that you remembered. Go for it! Action economy here probably favors using the oil -- This thing is not going down easily, and an action to power up might be a very good idea.

[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris.jpg

Damaris grins at Ru and quickly looks for one of the oils on the Handy Harversack to apply to his weapons. "The showtime is almost over, guys. Let's make this worth it" she also warns the rest about her bardsong.

[sblock]
Free: Inspire Courage 2/13
Move: Retrieve Oil from Handy Harvesack
Standard: Apply to Ru's weapons
[/sblock]

[sblock= Ministats]
Damaris - Bard lvl 6
HP 39/47
Init +4
AC 20 | Touch 15 | FF 16
CMB+5 | CMD 19
Saves: F+3 | R+10 | W+5

Perception +8 | Sense Motive 11* (Vers. Perform.) | Bluff 11* (Ver.Per) (+1 vs Males)
Diplomacy +11 (+1 vs males)

Masterwork Shortbow +9 (1d6)
Longsword +6 (1d8+3) (Two-handed)
Sling +8 (1d4+2)

Bardic Performance: 2/14 day

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound, Jolt, Mending, Mage Hand
Spells: Lvl1 Grease, Sleep, Timely Inspiration, Silent Image 1/5 day. lvl2 Invisibility, Silence, Pyrotechnics, Glitter Dust 2/4 day
Spell-like ability: Message 0/day.

Combat Feats: Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Arcane Strike

Consumables: Acid Flask(2/2), Alchemist Fire (2/2), Holy Water (2/2), Oil (2/2), Perfume, Firework Paper Candle (2), Vermin Repellent, Normal Arrows (9).[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post

Ru slides sideways as Damaris pulls out the oil. He lines up his twin blades one beside the other as his brows cross and he sizes up the new player.

When Damaris finishes, Ru spins the blades in each hand and gives the winged woman a cold smile.

"Ready to dance, dearie?"

[sblock=ooc]Move: to K58 so Damaris can reach the blades. K59 if he has to. I'm not certain if the door is blocking her.

Standard: as Move, study winged woman, making her a Studied Target.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]

Ru Brike

Conditional Attack mods: +2d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Studied Target (move action or with sneak attack success, up to 2 targets), -2/+4 Power Attack

Conditions:Ioun Stone illumination, Bardic Performance (+2 attack / damage), Studied Target (winged woman. +2 attack / damage & var skills), Demonbane oil (Wakazashi x2, +2 Enhancement, +2d6 damage).

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 15, 13:52 - Miles North of Thornbury ~

Damaris recognized the winged woman for a half-fiend. Such creatures were outsiders and had additional resistances, including resistance to spells.

Noak_zps7d2c1801.png

The dragon took a bite at Rhas while the dwarf was focused on shooting his mistress. The teeth bit into his shoulder and threw off the crossbowman's aim. He doggedly pursued the dwarf and was a flurry of swiping claws and gnashing teeth. The badly wounded dwarf twisted and blocked, evading everything.

NarissaFiend_zps185bb276.png

The half-fiend charged at the dwarven brawler who had just killed the last of her githyanki minions. "For that you shall pay!"

She narrowly missed impaling Umthrin's face with the ranseur, but it still grazed his scalp.

OOC: Combat: Round 4 – Everyone is up
[sblock=Combat Information]For AoO Drg hit Rhas 9 dmg (3 were cold)
Drg Full Attack on Rhas missed
HF Charged and hit Umthirn 14 dmg, critial unconfirmed

Initiative:
You Guys
Bad Guys

Tactical Map:
1. The boulders in Q59/60 & R59/60 are difficult terrain
2. Medium or Large bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller. Large Bodies can provide soft cover bonuses like low wall
LPFKQEnc7Map04_zps841dfa11.jpg

Party Status:
Code:
Ru:        40/62 HP remaining; 
Damaris:   38/47 HP remaining; 
Rhas:      14/66 HP remaining; 9 dmg
Umthirn:   30/62 HP remaining; 14 dmg

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used:
  Ru: Studied Target 1/2
  Damaris: Bard Perf 12/14; Spells 1st 2/5, 2nd 0/4; SLA 1/1
  Umthirn: Stun Fist 5/6
Conditions in effect: Message, Mage Armor (Umthirn), Demon's Bane (Ru), Studied Target (HF)
Enemy Status:
Code:
T4  [AC0]: -11/21hp; dying
G1  [AC0]: -3/18hp; dying
G2  [AC0]: dead
G3  [AC0]: -5/18hp; dying
G4  [AC0]: dead
G5  [AC0]: dead
D   [AC29, Touch 13, CMD20]: 34/34hp
HF  [AC24 (22 from charging), Touch 16, CMD24, SR?]: ??/??hp; Charged
[/sblock] [sblock=GM Note]Glad someone remembered the custom magic item. That is the big equalizer for this battle and you should use it.

If Damaris wants to retrieve all three vials of the oil in Move Action, she can. But she will need to drop the bow to have two hands to hold vials in one, apply in the other. That might help with your economy of actions.

Btw, I neglected to subtract the 12 damage Rhas took from the dragon in the previous round. He was at 23 hp remaining. Now he is at 14.[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Lass, I'll take some of that," says Umthirn,. His tone is light, but his teeth are gritted and his eyes slide to the red-haired dwarf across the room.

[sblock=ooc]
PM, am I right in thinking that if Umthirn stands where he is, Damaris can step up and apply the oil as her action? Does Umthirn need to use an action if she applies the oil for him?

I'm thinking it would be worth soaking an AoO to get that oil on. Then he can take a 5' step and do a flurry of blows with both the oil and the bardsong in effect, throwing in his last Stunning Fist in hopes of setting Ru up for a Sneak Attack and getting her to drop that ranseur.

PM, what is it with you and half-fiends with reach weapons? Or might this be the same one? :)
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, human slayer

"Prickly, I think you need an audience with Princess," Ru calls to Rhas as he slips around behind Umthirn. "Your cousin and I can dance by ourselves for a bit."

The swarthy southerner weaves in an attempt to dodge past the ranseur, but isn't quite as agile as he likes to think. He ignores the vengeful polearm, though, focusing his own strike, and opens a gash in the winged woman's side.

[sblock=ooc]Move: K57, J56, then Acrobatics to get to I56

Acrobatics to avoid AoO (1d20+13=23)

D'oh! 1 short of making it. Ru's opened to an AoO.

Attack:

Attack with Bardsong, ST, Bane; Damage with Bardsong, ST, Bane bonus; Bane damage (1d20+16=31, 1d6+6=12, 2d6=8)

note: the normal Bane property provides a +2 Enhancement bonus to a weapon, which applies to both attacks and damage. I added that into the base damage of the roll, but can take it out if it was your intent to provide a more limited bane enhancement. I wasn't 100% clear when I went back and re-read the description.

If I've got all the damage bumps right, hit for 20 damage. If I have that enhancement bonus wrong, it's 18.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]

Ru Brike

Conditions:Ioun Stone illumination, Bardic Performance (+2 attack / damage), Studied Target (winged woman. +2 attack / damage & var skills), Demonbane oil (Wakazashi x2, +2 Enhancement, +2d6 damage).

soulnova

Explorer
[sblock=actions] I actually wasn't expecting her to be here. Otherwise we might have used them on the previous room. lol

Damaris will drop the bow now and takes a 5ft-step towards Umthrim in K58.
Get the two vials and apply one.
She keeps going with her Bardic performance +2 this round. REMEMBER! The next round is the last one guys!

[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads