• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Mopping Up

sunshadow21

Explorer
Arianna takes out the left dretch as Tonris steps up and tries to touch the dwarf. While the mermaid thinks the witch successfully landed the attack, she actually cannot tell from the dwarf's demeanor as he was already behaving so erracticly. Meanwhile Heinrich steps in and is just able to see the dwarf long enough to hit him with a couple of magic bolts before he runs out of light to see with. Again, Arianna sees them hit, but they have no effect. Ni stays outside the room and summons another elemental, who charges forward beyond the gnome's ability to communicate, and the rest of the party hears an annoyed squelch as its fist slams into the remaining dretch; the air elemental misses the sorceress completely. As if Arianna was already a bit confused about the tactics that her foes were using, the dretch summons a stinking cloud with the same center point as the silence spell while the dwarf and the half fiend ignore the party and focus on the elementals; the dwarf takes a short step and one shots the earth elemental and the sorceress finishes ff the air elemental with a couple more magic missiles. Being cut off by the silence and now the stinking cloud, Ni knows nothing about anything going on inside the sanctuary while Tonris and Heinrich find themselves enveloped by darkness.

[sblock=round 3]
SanctuaryRound3.jpg

Black square = The room has had Protection from Law, Protection from Good, and Darkness cast on it and they feel pretty permanent, functioning in a manner similar to desecrate; these spells affect everyone in the room.
Red outline = Silence spell (3 rounds), Stinking Cloud (2 rounds)
Grey Outline = Ignore

Arianna (AA,AB-8,9) 33(16)/33(29); enlarged 36 rounds
Compy (V-6) 15/15
Heinrich (Z-11) 22/22; effectively blind without a light source
Ni (S-10) 30/30
Tonris (AD-9) 30/30; effectively blind without a light source
Air Elemental dead
Earth Elemental dead

Tiefling Half Demon Sorcereress (AH-8)
Dwarven Cleric (AE,AF-9,10) 7 damage; enlarged 27 rounds; divine favor 7 rounds
Magenta Dretch dead
Red Dretch (AE-6) 3 hp left
[/sblock]

OOC: The party is up. No new map so I included most recent coordinates with the other character information. Ni is effectively cut off from the rest of the party and his summons by the silence/cloud kill section. Heinrich and Tonris are effectively blind until they find a light source from here on out.

Satin Knights

First Post
Since the dretch seems to be a coward, Arianna focuses on the enlarged dwarf with her attacks. Landing two solid blows, Arianna advises Tonris ("The cleric is down." or "Hit him again!", GM's answer)
[sblock=actions] swift Arcane Strike, std attack, hasted attack both on the dwarf[/sblock][sblock=mini-stats]Arianna Mermaid ~ Perception +6, Sense Motive +6, Stealth +1, Low Light Vision
Base HP 37/0, AC 15, 13 T, 13 FF, Init +2
Current HP: 37
, Current AC: 19
CMB +2, CMD 14, Fort +5, Reflex +4, Will +8 . . Move 15', 25'
MW Long Spear +2, d8 with 10' reach
MW DW Spear Gun +4, d8
Dagger +1, d4 or thrown +3, d4
Active Enhancements: -
In hand: none

Consumables: 33 spear gun bolts, 20 cold iron bolts, 4 days rations,
. . .... . . . . . . . 1 potions of Cure Light Wounds, (in scarf)
. . . . .... . . . . . 1 potion of Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon (crutch)
. . .... . . . . . . . 1 potion of Cure Light Wounds (crutch)
.......................1 wand of Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon (47 charges)
.......................1 wand of Cure Light Wounds (49 charges)
Loot chosen: Ring of Protection +1

Summon Monster I: 7/day, 0 used
.Cantrips: unlimited Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Drench, Jolt, Guidance, Breeze
. Orisons: unlimited Stabilize, Detect Poison, Purify Food/Drink
1st Level: 4/day, 2 used Mage Armor, Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Shield, Enlarge Person
1st Level: Memorized Bless, Divine Favor, Longstrider(d)
Lesser Rod of Extend: 3 charges/day, 2 used
Channel Positive Energy:
7/day, 0 used 1d6 healing
Interrupt Abilities: Move HP from Arianna (real) to Teq (temp) to keep above zero

Beast (Teq Oola) ~ Perception +14, Sense Motive +6, Stealth +1, 60' Darkvision and Low Light Vision
Base HP 33/29, AC 18, 12 T, 17/21 FF, Init +1
Current HP: 33/16, Current AC: 22+4shield-2enlarge+1haste = 25
CMB +7, CMD 18, Fort +5, Reflex +3, Will +8 . . Move 50', 80' with Haste
Claw/Claw +7, d4+4+1 Arcane Strike
MW Longspear +9, d8+6+1 Arcane Strike with 10' reach
MW Longspear +9, 2d6+6+1 Arcane Strike with 20' reach

MW Darkwood Speargun +5, d8+1 Arcane Strike
Dagger +7, d4+4 or thrown +4, d4+4+1 Arcane Strike
Jolt +4, d3, RTA spell

Active Enhancements: Evasion, Mage Armor (8 hours), Longstrider (2- hours), Shield (36 rounds), Enlarge Person (36 rounds)
In hand: Longspear
Conditions: Haste, Arcane Strike, partially enfeebled, STR 19 (balanced against enlarge), AC 25 [/sblock]

Last edited:

DalkonCledwin

First Post
[sblock=OOC]are we inside of the zone of silence where Tonris and Arianna are at, or is that further back? I ask because the answer will affect the spell that Tonris uses.[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]are we inside of the zone of silence where Tonris and Arianna are at, or is that further back? I ask because the answer will affect the spell that Tonris uses.[/sblock]

The zone of silence is the red outline area back by the entrance. you not inside of it where you are down closer to the altar.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
the little dinosaur sends Tonris a most displeased emotion letting him know that something not so pleasant is going on back near the entrance to the room. Tonris sends the reply emotion saying that a similar problem is happening further into the room.

Once that is out of the way Tonris takes aim at where he thinks the Cleric is and casting defensively he proceeds to attempt to land a loud ear piercing scream on the cleric.

[sblock=Actions]Casting Ear piercing Scream Defensively into the square that Tonris thinks that the Dwarven Cleric is located. If successful the Dwarf will need to make a Fortitude Save. If the Dwarf fails it takes 2d6 points of sonic damage plus it is dazed for 1 round. If it succeeds it negates the daze effect and takes half damage.[/sblock]
[sblock=Tonris, Mini Stats]Initiative: +9
Perception: -1 (it is +1 if within arm’s reach of Familiar)
Armor Class: 13 (Flat-Footed: 12 // Touch: 12)
Mage Armor Class: 17 (Flat-Footed: 15 // Touch: 12)
Hit Points: 30 Current // 30 Total
BAB: +2 CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Ref: +2 Will: +4
Special Resistances: +2 Trait Bonus to Saving Throws against Divination Effects, and a +1 Trait Bonus to Saving Throws against Divine Spells.
Concentration Check: 1d20 +8 (plus an additional 4 if casting defensively)
Caster Level Check: 1d20 +4

Primary Weapon: M.W. Quarterstaff (Attack Bonus: +4 // Damage: 1d6+1 // Critical: 20/x2 // Double Weapon // Masterwork)
Secondary Natural Weapon: Prehensile Hair (Attack Bonus: +1 // Damage: 1d3+2 // Critical: 20/x2 // 10 foot reach)
Wands: Wand of Mage Armor (40 Charges remaining)

Class Abilities & Spells
Hexes:
Evil Eye:
can be used on any one target within 30 feet whom Tonris can see. This ability gives a -2 penalty to one of the following: AC, Ability Checks, Attack Rolls, Saving Throws, or Skill Checks for 7 rounds. Will save DC 16 reduces effect to just 1 round.
Flight: grants a +4 racial bonus on swim checks, allows the use of feather fall at will, and allows Tonris to cast Levitate once per day (0 / 1 per day).
Prehensile Hair: Grants Tonris the ability to manipulate his hair for a total of 4 minutes per day. These minutes need not be consecutive, but they must be spent in 1 minute intervals (1 / 4 minutes per day).

Prepared Spells
Cantrips (DC – 14): Guidance; Resistance; Detect Magic; Stabilize
First Level (DC – 15): Cure Light Wounds; Burning Hands; Ear Piercing Scream; Ray of Enfeeblement
Second Level (DC – 16): Cure Moderate Wounds; Touch of Idiocy, Enthrall[/sblock]
[sblock=Rex, Mini Stats]
Dinosaur, Compsognathus

Neutral, Tiny Animal

Init: +6; Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent; Perception +4
AC: 17, Touch 14, Flat-Footed 15 (+2 Dex, +3 Nat, +2 Size)
Mage Armor AC 21, Touch 14, Flat-Footed 19 (+2 Dex, +3 Nat, +4 Mage Armor, +2 Size)
HP: 13 (1d8+2 treated as if it had 4d8+2)
Saves: Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +4
Speed: 40 ft, Swim 20 ft.
Melee: Bite +3, (1d3-1 + poison)
Space: 2.5 feet // Reach: 0 feet
Ability Scores: STR 8, DEX 15, CON 14, INT 6, WIS 11, CHA 5
Base Attack: +2; CMB +2; CMD 11
Feats: Improved Initiative
Skills: Perception +4, Swim +7, plus all skills that Tonris has ranks in
Poison (Bite - Injury) Save Fort DC 12: Frequency 1/round for 4 rounds; 1d2 STR; Cure = 1 save.
Special Abilities Alertness, Empathic Link, Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Store Spells, Deliver Touch Spells[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Sorry to hold things up, but I had a question. I had planned on summoning an earth elemental and having it earth glide by the stinking cloud (via column 4). Am I able to do that? I seem to remember the earlier earth elemental having trouble gliding into the room, but from what I see of the magic you have up, it should be possible. I can speak Terran, so communicating shouldn't be a problem.[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Sorry to hold things up, but I had a question. I had planned on summoning an earth elemental and having it earth glide by the stinking cloud (via column 4). Am I able to do that? I seem to remember the earlier earth elemental having trouble gliding into the room, but from what I see of the magic you have up, it should be possible. I can speak Terran, so communicating shouldn't be a problem.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]It would have to go through the doorway like everybody else and you would have to give it instructions before it entered the silence zone, as the spell doesn't say anything about telepathic communication, but other than those restrictions, I don't see why you couldn't.[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I'm sorry, but I'm not sure you've answered my question.

Instead of going through the doorway, I want to send the elemental through the earth (map-west, via earth glide), so as to avoid the cloud. I see no reason why this can't be done, but since you didn't allow it to do this during our scout mission earlier on, I wanted to check first.[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I'm sorry, but I'm not sure you've answered my question.

Instead of going through the doorway, I want to send the elemental through the earth (map-west, via earth glide), so as to avoid the cloud. I see no reason why this can't be done, but since you didn't allow it to do this during our scout mission earlier on, I wanted to check first.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]The magic barrier blocks every way into the room except the 2 doors, the one you came through, and the one you found leading from the living quarters to the sanctuary.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads