• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Ryall's Estate

jkason

First Post
OOC: Can Kazanto use Heal (I'm sorry if I'm imagining your character as too 'healer-like') to get a clue on how long the bodies have been dead and if Roug was killed by one or more wolves, or if a weapon was also used to finish him? I'm guessing my Herbalist roll was far too low to push into what is probably only on the very edge of the Heal skills periphary.
OOC:

GM: Sorry, I missed the Herbalist roll. Relic knows Roug wasn't poisoned, but his knowledge of herbs gives him few extra insights into the particulars of the man's death: something with big teeth took its jaws to the man, and he didn't last long.

As to Kazanto, she's actually a Charisma-based caster, so her Heal check is actually untrained and as bad as Relic's. ;)

Systole

First Post
Watching Daylily fail in his attempts to ascertain the direction of the tracks, Quioan stood by and considered the group's next move. Speaking aloud, he said, "Seems like we're not going to have any success in pursuing the bastards who did this from this location. I feel as though our best chance is to simply continue on towards the Gabbiano's. I have a feeling that we'll find those responsible there."

"Now the only question is what to do with the bodies of our former employers - it pains me to leave them here like this, but I see no viable alternative."

Daylily frowns at where the hoofprints disappear into hard-packed dirt. "I is cannot track this. Is needing elder hunter to find. I ams not so good."

He returns to the cart and gives it an experimental pull to see if he can move it. "What is death rite for city-mans? Is burying him? Is burning him? Is bringing him to home?"

OOC: Daylily should actually be able to move the cart if it's 1500 lbs or less. No rides for anyone though.

Edit: Heh, heh. I just loked it up. Land wagon empty weight is 400 lbs, plus some dead farmers and some dead wolves. Daylily's pulling this sucker to Venza. Hell, he could practically bench-press the thing.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
OOC: Daylily should actually be able to move the cart if it's 1500 lbs or less. No rides for anyone though.

Edit: Heh, heh. I just loked it up. Land wagon empty weight is 400 lbs, plus some dead farmers and some dead wolves. Daylily's pulling this sucker to Venza. Hell, he could practically bench-press the thing.

GM: He's welcome to do so, but I'm going to impose some pretty severe movement penalties. SRD is a bit fuzzy on dragging as opposed to lifting, but between the weight and the awkwardness of trying to drag something designed to be dragged by a much larger creature, I feel pretty safe ruling that Daylily's down to a 10' base move, with no Dex bonus. If he gets Hlaalen, Relic, and Quioan to help, I'll give the collective effort the normal heavy speed of 20' (I'm excluding Kazanto because her base move is 20, not because she's female ;) ).

Qik

First Post
OOC: jk, you're so sexist.

I'm totally on board with pulling the cart back to town with us, and Quioan would be up for helping. 14 str isn't bad. Would it help lessen the penalties if we tied some rope to the cart and dragged it like that? Q has some in his pack.

It'll be pretty dramatic to pull up to house Gs headquarters in a cart with two bodies that they likely created.

jbear

First Post
Relic expresses that he is quite happy to help push, and that he needs the exercise.

OOC: Okay, well I'm off on holiday tomorrow. Connection may be possible, i really don't know. If I disappear, that's why. PS. I liked the change in tone!

jkason

First Post
OOC: I'm totally on board with pulling the cart back to town with us, and Quioan would be up for helping. 14 str isn't bad. Would it help lessen the penalties if we tied some rope to the cart and dragged it like that? Q has some in his pack.

GM: If all four of the 30/40' base folks are pulling or pushing the wagon, I'm willing to let you guys bump the wagon's move up to the 20' base. Since that's Kazanto's base move, you wouldn't have been moving any faster than that even if you left all this stuff behind.

Just want to give [MENTION=6666944]maquise[/MENTION] and [MENTION=41485]InVinoVeritas[/MENTION] a bit longer to give a thumb's up or down before I set the meat train a-movin'.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
OOC: Sorry for the delay, guys. I've been ridiculously busy for the past week.

Kazanto looks over the bodies. "They... are dead. There's not much more that can be done. Normally, in my culture, the bodies are sent adrift, where they are eaten by the fish and crabs. I suppose we could help, I've never tasted human before..."

Realizing where she's going, she blushes. "But we aren't common animals, no, we can't eat them. What else... Oh! When I first landed on Peletanga, the halflings there would toss their dead into the volcano, as an offering. We could do that. But... wait..."

She looks around, confusedly. "There's no volcano around here, is there? Oh, that's no problem, I can bring Peletanga here! So, should we consign them to the lava? Or is there a better priest to deliver them to in town?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads