• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] The Devil We Know, Part 2

jbear

First Post
The conversation seem to have turned to something interesting. The battle on the boat seemed much more imminent than he imagined. It seemed it was going to happen now, so he began paying attention. "I know of a place. It sells te magic! We can buy te potion of invisible and walk on te boat. Maui can ask Tane to help us too. I can call te mist. In te mist it will be easier to get on te boat."

[sblock=OOC]Maui doesn't know that a wizard will be coming with us so he wouldn't suggest using his magical ability to help get on the ship. But certainly if we had used an invisibility potion and the wizard used Ghost Sound to cause a loud distraction somewhere nearby, noone would here or see us going up the gang plank. The sound illusion could be combined with the spell Silent Image. Maybe something mundane but loud that happens near the docks e.g. A drunken brawl. Even if the wizard doesn't know the spell it is a lvl 2 spell and we could buy a scroll. Maui has 492 gp spare.

I can afford a potion and can offer help with my share of the scroll.

My cheetah is fast enough and stealthy enough to remain hidden nearby and can get into battle quickly enough when I call him.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Huh, A mist at the seaside. Quite innocuous, if done right." He looks about to see if any looks like a scorcerer or wizard.

1d20+4=6

He shrugs and frowns, a look of contemplation on his brow.

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
"Hmm. As a wizard" Menik says "I like the idea of using invisibility, but it has limitations you'd need to know: It only works for a few minutes, and as soon as you attack it ends.

A distraction could be useful. I do have a spell that produces a sound illusion, but it's likely that some people in a group of enemies would catch on, thus alerting them more than distracting them.

There are better illusion spells, and while I know a silent but visual one, I have not prepared it today."
And would hate to use my ring for it if somehow it would work again today as I suspect. "We could buy a scroll. Sadly, I am currently low on funds, having recently purchased this headband which among other things makes my spells a little more powerful.

Though if we want a distraction, perhaps we can ... hire a few goons to stage one."

soulnova

Explorer
Galandra's eyes go wide for a second and she looks at Amien. "We were attacked at sea by an illusionist pirate" she says quickly.

"I would like to think that what she did was simple... she made a mist, and made the illusion of a ship closing in from the opposite side from where they attempted to board... we managed to stop them but it almost killed me" she explains to them.

Scott DeWar

Though if we want a distraction, perhaps we can ... hire a few goons to stage one."

"Perhaps the goons could act as a press gang. Rather fitting, if you ask me." Vincenzo's mouth grows into a wicked little grin.

Galandra's eyes go wide for a second and she looks at Amien. "We were attacked at sea by an illusionist pirate" she says quickly.

"I would like to think that what she did was simple... she made a mist, and made the illusion of a ship closing in from the opposite side from where they attempted to board... we managed to stop them but it almost killed me" she explains to them.

"Well, I am glad to know of that fact. We need to keep a vigilant eye on impossible occurrences that preclude a distracted attack."

Once again, he rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem offers, "I've been squirreling away some funds for a big banquet I've been wanting to throw with myself as head cook and guest of honor, but I don't know enough people to invite as guests. So let's spend it on invisibility potions, and I'll rescue some good folks who can come to my banquet when I save up some more coins. I can easily cover six potions of invisibility, and the plan will save Amien from a cold dip while giving us the chance to board and find a defensive position."

Mini-Stats:
[sblock]
Character Sheet: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Lem_the_Cook_(Deuce_Traveler)
HP: 26/26
AC: 22, AC Touch: 21, AC Flatfooted: 16
Unarmed Strike: Attack: +10, -Damage: 1d6, Crit: 20/x2, Special: Stunning Fist Option
Flurry of Blows: Attack: +9/+9, Damage: 1d6/1d6, Crit: 20/x2, Special: Stunning Fist Option
[/sblock]

WindCrystal

First Post
"Ah, yes. That trick." he remembers, "Well, it worked, I suppose if we were to somehow do it ourselves it would turn out great."

Amien, while okay with a change of plan, feels compelled to explain himself with a shrug, "A cold dip always made for a compelling double-dog-dare back in my youth. It's how I got used to swimming. I suppose for the sake of planning I should wait until my free time to do something so stupid."

With the idea of invisibility on his mind, he muses, "Oh, so many things I could do with just a few minutes of not being seen. I'm surprised those potions aren't outlawed."

[sblock=Mini-Stats]Character Sheet Page

Condition: None
HP: 41/41
AC: 15
AC Touch: 12
AC Flatfooted: 13
Initiative: +2
Fort: +5
Reflex: +3
Will: +0

Glaive Attack: +6, Glaive Damage: 1d10+4 (+8, 1d10+7 under Strength Rage)
Heavy Flail Attack: +6, Heavy Flail Damage: 1d10+4 (+8, 1d10+7 under Strength Rage)
Sling Attack: +4, Sling Damage: 1d4+3
- Sling Bullets (06)

Handy Haversack
- Potion of CLW x3
- Sunrod
- Trail Rations (12 days)
- Wand of CLW x1[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

"Ah, yes. That trick." he remembers, "Well, it worked, I suppose if we were to somehow do it ourselves it would turn out great."

Amien, while okay with a change of plan, feels compelled to explain himself with a shrug, "A cold dip always made for a compelling double-dog-dare back in my youth. It's how I got used to swimming. I suppose for the sake of planning I should wait until my free time to do something so stupid."

With the idea of invisibility on his mind, he muses, "Oh, so many things I could do with just a few minutes of not being seen. I'm surprised those potions aren't outlawed."

"Hmmmm, A cold dip .. .. .. What if the mist were to come from dockside with a diversionary sound of armored med approaching while we make our assault from the seaward side?"

jbear

First Post
"Maui has te coin for te Potion of Invisible. Tane will bless us with te mist if we need te mist. But te magic only gives te Heroe a fair chance. It does not win te battle. Te rest is for us te heroes and our strength." The jungle warrior seems to have taken certain issue with the idea that buying a few minutes time to get onto the boat with the advantage of surprise would not be enough. He may not understand what it was exactly they were up against, but at least to him, getting onto the boat without being spotted seemed like more than enough as far as a plan was concerned. "As for te swimming... why swim and climb when we can walk on te boat with te legs?"

soulnova

Explorer
"If we are invisible, the swimming might not be needed. I would like for us to at least be close so we can fall back if necessary. We must be very quiet though. The ones bad at stealth shouldn't get too close until the rest have attacked... most likely flank them." Galandra explains the tactics.

"Another thing... Menik, that rock spell might be good if you still have it. I doubt it will damage the ship as much as fire would"

[sblock] Hey, I wanted to ask... I just have Entangle. Would it work if I cast it on wood (the ship floor)? [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads