Thuvian
Starting XP: 2,767
Ending XP: 2,767 + (84*11) + 161 = 3852
Gold Gained: 240 + (84*11) = 1164 gp
Bipper
Starting XP: 0
Ending XP: (84*7) +161 = 588
Gold Gained: (84*6) + 240 = 744 gp
[sblock=Loot Table]Masterwork Longsword, Dagger x4, Masterwork Studded Leather Armor, Masterwork Light Wooden Shield, Short Sword x3, Leather Armor x3, Buckler x2, 4 CLW potions, Oil of Magic Weapon, 229 gp (240gp value each)[/sblock]

[sblock=Encounters]The Asset: 805xp (161 each)[/sblock]

[sblock=Rules]*Everyone is going to roll their own initiative, with opponents using a group initiative. This will really only matter for the first round/surprise round of combat, after that you guys can post actions in whichever order you like during the group's turn. I prefer everyone to use the in house dice-roller, but invisible castle is fine too, as long as your rolls are linked to an account.

*I would like to keep the pace at around 24-36 hours between posts if we can. If you think you will be away from your computer for more than 48 hours please just give me a heads up about it.

*Leveling up is permissible between encounters

*Everyone should have a mini stat block made up and posted along with any of their posts during combat rounds. [/sblock]

Last edited:

toasterferret

Explorer
Anna beckons you all to the back room, to distance you all from any prying eyes.

Placing the note on the table she says "As I said in the common room, this note is in code." she looks at each of you in turn before continuing: "I personally don't have the resources or the knowledge to decipher it, but I can tell it is definitely native to Irthos. Regrettably I am unable to pursue this lead myself, as I am most likely under watch since my escape."
Sitting down on the bench she demurely asks,

"Would you be willing to follow this trail for me? I would consider it a great personal favor, and If I am right about who is behind this, they are likely very well funded."

She looks around the room at those gathered, waiting for their response.

[sblock=OOC] Just a check in, I'll continue once we have everyone here.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ioseph (human cleric 2)

The older bald human stands near the door leaning on his massive hammer. "Helping in noble causes is one of the reasons I left the cloister. And nothing could be more noble than helping to save another."

He moves to the table to look at the missive. "If the condition you were in when you arrived is any indication these 'kidnappers' mean to see you dead for some reason, and I will help to find out why."

His brow furrows as he reads the note once more. "I am truly sorry but I cannot decipher this script."

[sblock=Stats]
Ioseph

HP:23
AC:18 AC Touch:13 AC Flatfooted:15
INIT: +03
CMB: +03 CMD: 16
Fort: +06 Reflex: +04 Will: +06
Speed: 20'

Lg. Warhammer:

Attack: +01 = [BAB (01) + STR (02) + Wrong Size (-2) + Misc (00)]
Damage: 2d6+3(B), Crit: 20/x3, Special: Size-Large

Channel Energy:
5/5 (1d6 healing or 1d6 damage to undead DC 11)
Strength Surge(Sp): 5/5 (+1 to melee attacks, CMB, CMD, STR skills, and STR checks)
Deflection Aura (Su): 1/1 (20' aura; +2AC and CMD for 2 rounds)
Spells:
Orisons: guidance, stabilize, light, mending
Level 1: shield of faith, magic weapon, bless, d-shield[/sblock]

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
Thuvian Darklight, wizard 2

Thuvian takes a closer look at the note. "interesting. This definitely bears investigation. You say it comes from Irthos. Do you know where about in Irthos we should start looking?"

Last edited:

mazzoli

First Post
Thiera furrows her brow at Anna's words, "I swore that I would not return to Irthos the last time I left, but this sounds serious and it has been so long since I saw my home..." She trails off wistfully at this last before shaking her head and regaining her businesslike composure. She takes a look at the note, "I don't believe I can work this one out. It doesn't appear to be a mathematical cipher and all of my skills lie in that area. Word replacement codes and the like have always baffled me."

dammitbiscuit

First Post
Bipper only has to glance at the paper to see it's the sort of study he was supposed to have been paying attention to in college, but didn't.

Afraid code riddles aren't my forte, so I hope your wizard friend has this under control, he said,watching the way Thuvian's eyes scrutinized the page. When correcting these kidnappers inevitably grows confrontational, I intend to stick around until things are made right. People like that should fear good people, instead of the other way around.

toasterferret

Explorer
Anna Belacqua

A look of relief crosses Anna's face at your responses. Quickly composing herself she says

"I thank you much for your willingness to help, it means the world to me." at mention of Irthos she continues,

"Traveling shouldn't be necessary, at least not at this stage of the game. The place the kidnappers took me was within the coty limits of Venza, and tracking them down should be our first goal. Now, I cannot read that note, but i have an idea of where we might find someone who can..."

[sblock=Thuvian]The compositional structure of the note suggests that it is written in Common, but the cipher is beyond your ability to penetrate[/sblock]

mazzoli

First Post
Thiera visibly relaxes when she hears that she won't need to return to Irthos for the time being. "Who do you have in mind? I am eager to begin setting things aright."

Remove ads