[LPF] The Lady of Lake Laguna

deisenhut

First Post
Slapping an insect between his hand and watching the dead bug fall to the ground, Yo speaks up, "We should leave these carcasses and head back to that town and see what we can find before moving on to the next one." After a moments thought, "Maybe we can track whoever it was that dragged this corpse here to see where they came from. Hopefully the tracks haven't disappeared during the night."

Hearing the orc talking to himself, Yoshiki gives the others in the party a strange look, rolling his eyes.

CootaR

First Post
The bacon...THE BACON!

YOU SEE MAGIC!?

Krag stares with amazement.

I know when things are bad but i cannot see Magic.

He puts extra emphasis on the word magic.

When we came to the hut and met the little boys there were birds, the birds were bad birds. Very evil. And the piggies, they had evil eyes. Only their eyes tho. The bacon... it was so good, not evil.

Krag turns to look at the party.

If i can see evil, and Kanli can see magic... and we both see in the dark. What can you guys do?

Also, I have killed many things, fists make it hard to kill things. You should use an Ax.

Krag directs this last statement towards the monk.

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki takes such a question in stride, confident in his martial abilities. "It is all about mind over body, sir Krag. A properly placed blow can cripple an enemy just as surely as an axe can. A quickness of body can protect you just as well as bulky armor. Let me demonstrate." He turns towards Elros. "Sir Elros, please shoot me." When the look of surprise appears on people's faces, "No, I'm serious. Take your bow and shoot an arrow at me."

Yoshiki calms his nerves and prepares himself, keeping his focus on Elros. He sets himself into a combat stance, ready for the incoming arrow.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Before Elros could shoot, Kanli reported that he was finished examining the altar. It resonated with weak abjuration magic, though the power seemed inert as if it was dormant and might become stronger if awakened. A thin tether of magic was sensed connecting the altar with something to the east in the general direction of the isle and tree in the center of the lagoon.

Krag sensed no evil from the altar.

As the report was finished, the party heard a cry of birds. A flock of familiar birds circled from far above. The party suddenly had the feeling that they were being watched.

Last edited:

CootaR

First Post
Shoot the birds! They have evil eyes like those piggies!

OOC: I saw that movie, I'd like to keep Krag's eyes intact. No pecking for me.

deisenhut

First Post
Glancing upward while not pulling his attention off the group in case they decide to surprise him with an arrow, Yoshiki quickly scans the sky and evaluates the situation he has found himself in. "Evil eyes? You can tell that from here? Maybe we should try to find cover in the nearby town. There are too many of them. Even Elros won't be able to shoot each one down individually."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"Oh, let them watch," Kanli jovially replies, "They just want to learn all about us, tell their mistress what we're up to. She brought us that wonderful boar meal last night, she's just being a good hostess!"

He then points off to the east. "There's an island with a tree over in that direction. I think we should head on over and pay her a visit."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: Just some points of clarification:

- The birds that were circling the party earlier were low enough that Krag was able to sense evil from them before they flew higher. These birds look similar, but are too high to shoot or detect evil from.

- The isle that Kanli is pointing to looks to be the same isle in the center of the lagoon that holds the Lady's Tree. This tree is the location where the annual festival normally ends. You'll need a boat to get there, such as those tethered at the shrine that Chip and Pan manage.

- The altar does not resonate evil, despite the fact that Pan said it belongs to Morgana. The altar is plain, except for some engraved figures of a woman along the side. The altar is tethered with a touch of abjuration magic to something in the direction of the isle that hold's the Lady's Tree. Pan suggested destroying the altar to break Morgana's power, who he claims has enraged the beasts. The altar has a red palm painted on its surface.

- There is a dead body on the altar with a slightly torn backpack, very torn clothes, and broken bones. It looks like it was placed on the altar recently, though the body had been dead for days. From the boar tracks, it seems that the boars dragged the carcass to this point and then somehow placed it on the altar.

- An abandoned town is down the hill and to the west. A second abandoned town is somewhere to the north, along the lake's edge, and according to Pan it supposedly it holds a second altar to Morgana. Pan wants you to destroy that altar, also.

- The village of Boredton is to the east of the shrine that Chip and Pan manage. You have not been there yet.

- Two dead boars lie on the ground near the cooling embers of your extinguished campfire. They have flesh cut from them that Mortar used to cook up 10 trail rations. One is also missing an eye.

Last edited:

deisenhut

First Post
With the challenge to his abilities long forgotten due to the birds cruising high overhead, Yoshiki turns his attention back to the stone bench thing. Noticing the backpack, he would begin shifting through it when he gets a chance.

Seeing the red palm on the side of the alter, Yo speaks up, pointing at it, "Hey Kanli, you should put your hand on that red painted hand and see what happens. Didn't you say you part of some kind of red hand society?" After a bit of self-reflecting, he speaks again, "Do you think this is one of the alters that the boys were referring to?"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: Kanli is the one that put that painted palm there. You are certain this is the altar Pan referred to. Pan was the older of the children, looking to be around 12. Chip was much less knowledgable, but was only 8.

Remove ads