[LPF] The Mightiest Weapon

Qik

First Post
Quioan picks up the scroll of paper and reads its text aloud, questionly: "Krif Card..." he says slowly. Turning to their employers, he asks, "Does 'Krif Card' mean anything to either of you?" As they answer, Quioan tries to remember whether he'd heard mention of the phrase himself since his arrival in Venza.

Catching notice of Relic poking about in the fireplace, Quioan walks over to join the old man. "Find something, old dog?" he asks, amused at the sight of the old man bent down, engrossed as he combs through the fireplace's contents.

Systole

First Post
Having nothing to eat and no one to fight, Daylily wanders over to the bookshelf to see what Quioan has found. He squints at the paper, puzzled. "Why is these mark mean Krif-Card sometime and Frick-Ard sometime? Is the sames mark." He waves off the answer. "Bah, never the mind. Readings is so difficulty and so bore. I am not really care."

Qik

First Post
OOC: Makes me wish Quioan had a snack to offer Daylily to keep him busy; I doubt halfling wandermeal rations would pique his interest.

Quioan smiles at the indignant elf. "It's the order that's different. Like, when you take a sh*t - the order of when you pull down your pants and when you sh*t matters, doesn't it? Letters are like that."

jbear

First Post
Relic gets to his feet with muffling a groan and raises the broken glass to the light to study the residue more closely.

"A most interesting and edifying analogy Master Scorchsong, and yes something has been found though I'm unsure what exactly. Someone seems to have attempted to get rid of the inventors works and notes by burning them here in the fireplace ... perhaps with whatever was in this vial ... Krif Card ... Frickard... well done Huntmaster Daylily, it seems your mind has accidently caught a coded word. I wonder if therein lies a key that might somewhere somehow unlock some of this mystery. Now let me see what was in this vial ..."

OOC: Okay, I will level up! I think I'm going to take another level in Wizard for now. Decisions decisions! Relic will use Appraise as he is not trained in Engineering

Systole

First Post
"It's the order that's different. Like, when you take a sh*t - the order of when you pull down your pants and when you sh*t matters, doesn't it? Letters are like that."

Daylily makes a disgusted noise. "Pff. Pants is another silly things for city peoples. Is why I liking loincloths. No pulling downs, just ... flip! Then done."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Relic is unable to identify the residue. Maybe someone else would have a better chance.

Quioan is unable to recall any other time that the phrase 'Krif Card' was used, though Daylily's observation seemed spot on.

jbear

First Post
"Mater Scorchsong, look here will you at the residue on this broken glass. Can you identify what it is?"

Relic motions for the elf to take the broken vial from him to inspect it.

Qik

First Post
"I wonder what the purpose of this anagram was - perhaps an alias of some sort? Maybe our Mr. Frickard chose to work under another name in an effort to avoid attracting attention. The simplicity of his bedroom seemed to suggest he was a modest sort. Like our own Daylily Falshenaya."

As he speaks, Quioan leans in to take the remnants of the broken vial from Relic's outstretched hands. After spending a few moments turning them over in his hands, he says, "Hmm...I've seen this sort of residue before, back home in Ilumistae..." He then proceeds to describe its nature and origins to the rest of the group.

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
You identify the residue as some sort of dye and a very expensive one as the liquid seemed to be fine and quite consistent. It is not the work of an amateur.

Qik

First Post
"...so it appears that who ever owned this dye invested quite a bit of effort or expense into it," says Quioan, wrapping up his description of the material. "Now the question is - was this dye thrown in by whomever was attempting to destroy Mr. Frickard's notes, in an effort to further sully them? Or was this some sort of material utilized by Mr. Frickard himself?" Turning to their employers, Quioan asks, "Would one of you gentlemen be able to shed any light on this issue?"

Remove ads