[LPF] Tower of Power

Systole

First Post
A dungeon-based adventure for Living Pathfinder, designed for 4-6 1st level characters. Players can expect to be second level by adventure's end.

GM: Systole
Judge: Satin Knights

Heroes:
@omnitricks : Paskell (Tengu Rogue 1)
@SpicyWaffle : Dane Mazelo (Human Fighter 1)
@Commander_Fallout : Samad Salil (Elf Bard 1)
@SinisterRogue : Aeron Nightborn (Tiefling Magus 1)

Start date: 17 Jan 2013

[sblock=XP]Encounter 1: Giant hissing cockroach, 600xp (4 players @ 150xp each), 8 Mar 2013
Encounter 2: Broken stairs, 400 xp (4 players @ 100xp each), 15 Mar 2013
Encounter 3: Young troglodytes, 400xp (4 players @ 100xp each), 1 Apr 2013
Encounter 4: Tulok, 600 xp (3 players @ 200xp each), 4 May 2013
Encounter 5: Iron Cobra, 600xp (2 players @ 300xp each), 27 Jun 2013
Encounter 6: Albino crocodile, 600 xp (2 players @ 300 xp each), 21 Jul 2013
​Encounter 7: Troglodyte chief, 800 xp (2 players @ 400 xp each), 16 Aug 2013

[/sblock][sblock=Treasury]Encounter 1:
Encounter 2:
Encounter 3:
Enouncter 4:[/sblock][sblock=Adventure Rules]* Initiative, saving throws, and perception rolls will be made for the players by the GM if it moves the adventure along quickly. Otherwise, players will make their own rolls. Dice rollers can be Invisible Castle or the EnWorld on-line dice roller for the players (once it comes back online). I will use my own home dice or an on-line random number generator.

* Any absences for longer than 2-3 days should be communicated to the GM. In general, please try to post 3x/week, preferably 1/day on weekdays. Players who consistently slow down the game will be removed, at GM's discretion. Note: I will not be available from Friday evening to Sunday evening most weekends during the summer.

* All characters need an appropriate character picture, head-shot preferably, to use as a token on the tactical grids.

* A mini-stat spoiler block that includes a link to your character sheet will be required in every IC post. Please spoilerblock (sblock) OOC posts and discussions.

* Posts should be 3rd person, present tense, and please pick a color for your dialogue. "Boris the Strong and Fair swings his greataxe at the fiendish kobold. 'Die, foul creature!' he shouts."

[sblock=Example Mini Stats]
Sylla_150-1.png

Sylla the Grim
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 23/34
CMB: +5 CMD: 19
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +4
Perception: +5, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +4
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow (+6/+6 or +8, 1d8+3, 20x3)
Current Conditions in Effect: Haste, Rapid Shot, Bless
Spells Remaining (1st): 4/5
Spells Remaining (2nd): 1/3

Used Items:
Whistling Arrow x1
Smoke Arrow X2[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
The Land Owners and Cultivators Guild is a large suite of rooms on a second floor in the business district of Venza. Despite the size of the office, it manages to be dark and cramped, as the entire space is packed with stacks and shelves of record books, papers, and files. A cursory glance shows that many of these records date back over a hundred years, and many are yellowed and almost illegible. The air itself is thick and dusty with ancient, crumbling paperwork.

A bell above the door rings as you enter, and you see an elderly, bookish-looking man seated at a large mahogany desk. Apart from the bell, the only other sound is the scritching of the man's quill as he meticulously transcribes a list of names and numbers from one ledger to another. He looks up at you over his glasses, and sighs. "Here about the job, are you? Have a seat. I'll be with you momentarily." With the quill, he indicates a long bench, half of which is taken up by towering stacks of documents which seem rather precariously balanced. The bench is old and solidly built, and its dark hardwood has obviously been well-polished by decades of passing buttocks. It looks decidedly uncomfortable.

fallson_150_zps1b6e2d74.jpg

...... Fallson Hev ......

Last edited:

omnitricks

First Post
The Tengu finally found the guild and to his surprise it was not like he expected. He thought he would see nothing but farmers going about their business. However what he found was books, papers and files. Paskell took a few sneaky glances but found that they were not going to make sense to him unless he looked at them properly.

A pity because that was not what he was here for. Looking at the bench he was pointed to Paskell could not help but feel that the stacks would fall on him eventually but he also realized that he would be able to try taking a look at some of these old documents until the man got to him.

Seated down at the bench Paskell made a few glances at the covers to see if there was anything interesting to occupy his time while he waited.

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Tengu.jpg

Paskell
HP: 8/8
CMB: +0 CMD: 14
Fort: 0 Reflex: +6 Will: -1
Perception: +5
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

Used Items:
[/sblock]

Last edited:

SpicyWaffle

First Post
"That was fast! I wasn't expecting chance to come knocking at my door so soon!" thought the aspiring adventurer as he silently mimed the order pinned to the wall at the Dunn Wright Inn, trying to navigate his way through the winding hustle-and-bustle of the big city that was Venza.

After some meandering through the streets by the newcomer and asking for directions, Dane soon found himself unmistakably within the Land Owners and Cultivators Guild, ascending the flight of stairs leading to the rendezvous point with eager aplomb. Moving inside and nearly right on the heels of that Tengu he saw at the bar, Dane was greeted by the slight ringing of the bell overlooking the doorway, and just as quickly by the astute looking book-keeper scribbling away at what must have been something important. Thinking it prudent not to offend his first potential contract, the former farm boy just smiled and nodded, maneuvering himself towards the preoccupied bench and settling himself in beside his feathery colleague.

Turning to Paskell, Dane just smiled and waved again in silence. He was clearly quite enthused, a lone foot lightly tapping against the floorboards as he struggled to contain his curiosity about this dwarven tower that was mentioned. But, as the old man said, he'd be with him in a moment. For now he'd just have to suck it up and hold out until the scholarly gentleman was ready to spill the beans. But perhaps in the meantime Dane could coax a conversation out of his like-minded coadjutor.

"Hey again," the blade-toting knave whispered, keeping his eyes trained expectantly on the elderly chap still in the thralls of notation before shifting his gaze to Paskell. Dane had never met a Tengu before; and thinking on it, it might be remiss of him not to at least try and break the ice if they ended up working together. "Glad to see I'm not the only one interested in this tower. Name's Dane by the way in-case you missed it back there. What about you? What's your name?"

[sblock=Dane's Mini Stats]

Dane Mazelo
AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 16/16
CMB: +2 CMD: 15
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Perception: +1
Initiative: +3
Current Weapon in Hand: Gauntlets (+4, 1d4+1, 20x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse

Used Items:
---
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Commander_Fallout

First Post
He knew he was not perfect. He had managed to get lost on the way over, navigating though the busy, bustling streets. It was still so strange to him that so many people could live together, and yet still be strangers to each other. He was given directions, he was given looks, but he made it, and as he entered the stuffy, dusty room, he noticed it was already occupied by a few people he recognized. If this is what fate had in store for him, then he would rush towards it with open arms. He bowed and, extending his right hand in their direction, greeted the others, "As-salamu alaykum."

After shaking their hands, he continued, "My name is Samad Salil. You are here for the job, as well?"
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]portrait_zpsb29a81b5.png
Samad Salil
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 9/9
CMB: +1 CMD: 14
Fort: +0 Reflex: +5 Will: +2
Perception: +6, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Scimitar (+1, 1d6+1, 18-20 x2)
Spells Remaining (1st): 3/3

Used Items:
N/A
[/sblock]

Last edited:

SpicyWaffle

First Post
A familiar sense of deja vu taking him at the newcomer's arrival, Dane shook the elf's hand fervently in greeting, smiling as he nodded his response.

"Nice to meet you! Looks like we're all in the same boat," replied the chipper young man as he panned from Samad to Paskell. They both seemed so different from the usual folk he'd met back near Martna; sure, the occasional oddball drifter or distant adventurer, but rarely did Dane ever have the opportunity to openly converse with them.

"I'm Dane, by the way, though I guess you probably already knew that," he continued, still brimming with palpable enthusiasm. "Sorry if it seemed like I gave you the cold shoulder back there. But you know how it is: opportunity knocks, you've got to jump on it."

Dane Mazelo

Used Items:
---
[/sblock]

omnitricks

First Post
"Hmmmm?" the tengu asked when he was interrupted from his curiosity. Oh yes the tower. That was what he was here for. Why shouldn't it be interesting? "Its an ancient dwarven tower. There has to be an adventure to experience!" That should be the reason they were asking for adventurers right? "And no, I didn't miss it" since as far as he remembered, this was the first time Paskell has ever seen let alone talk to Dane but the human didn't need to know that.

"Paskell" he said in reply when he was asked about his name adding "probably" when he repeated it as soon as Samad introduced himself. While he was a little confused by Samad's greeting Paskell decided against asking about it since what really wanted to say was "I thought when opportunity knocks, you'd open the door and let it in. I mean if I was your guest I'd be running to the guards if you jumped on me!" with the closest thing to a grin on his beak.

[sblock=OOC]First bad joke of many so bear with me. This is the only reason I'm wasting points on comedy XD[/sblock]

[sblock=Paskell's Mini Stats]
Tengu.jpg

Paskell
HP: 8/8
CMB: +0 CMD: 14
Fort: 0 Reflex: +6 Will: -1
Perception: +5
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

Used Items:
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
GM: Going to wait two more days to make sure everyone is here that wants to be. The adventure bus will be leaving on Wednesday at the latest.

SpicyWaffle

First Post
Trying his best to stifle his chuckle at the terrible turn of phrase, Dane struggled not to roll his eyes even as he faltered and smiled. At least the Tengu seemed to be in good spirits!

"I s'pose I walked right into that one," muttered Dane as he shuffled on the bench, vision drifting from Paskell to grant the bookish gentleman over yonder the occasional glance in anticipation. Anxiousness tugged at him as he tapped his foot against the floor rhythmically in an endeavor not to bombard the guild clerk with questions about this ancient and mysterious tower.

Dane Mazelo

Used Items:
---
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Taking a seat, he exhaled. Staring off into space, he responded, "I agree," though to no statement in particular. After a few minutes, he shook off his trance and refocused. Glancing at the bird man, he asked, "I have not seen one of you before. Where are you from?"

[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]View attachment 56052
Samad Salil
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 9/9
CMB: +1 CMD: 14
Fort: +0 Reflex: +5 Will: +2
Perception: +6, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Scimitar (+1, 1d6+1, 18-20 x2)
Spells Remaining (1st): 3/3

Used Items:
N/A
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads