• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF]Treasure Hunt

sunshadow21

Explorer
It is Kazanto that is first able to pinpoint the use of this room, led by the grooves on the edges of the center table. This was a preparation chamber for the dead, with the grooves intended to aid in the process to drain out unnecessary fluids from the body. The doors themselves, as is the room as a whole are really quite plain, but as you study them, you realize that the whole construction is dwarven, and very old dwarven at that. As the others study the room, Ehdge watches the cobwebbed hallway, and after a few minutes sees the cobwebs down that hallway moving slightly.

Ehdge

First Post
Guys... whispers Ehdge... I think something is coming.

He stands ready with his greatsword pearing down the hall attentively.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus' eyeing of the table nearby ends at Ehdge's whispered warning. The ranger snaps to attention, pulls his readied arrow back, targeting the hallway and waiting for whatever it is to approach.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Oh um... well that could possibly be the dragon..." Fae'shiel mentions offhandedly to the others without really giving it a second thought as she draws her sword and begins preparing to infuse magic into it, knowing full well that a Dragons hide is going to be difficult to pierce with standard weaponry.

[sblock=Mini Stats] Fae'shiel Aeros (DalkonCledwin)
Initiative: +9
Armor Class: 17 (14 Flat-footed, 13 Touch)
Hit Points: 18 // Current: 18
BAB: +1 CMB: +3 CMD: 16
Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +3

Current Weapon: M.W. Longsword +4 (+2 w/ S.C.), 1d8+2, CRIT: 19-20/x2

Spells Per Day: Can memorize 4 Cantrips each day, but cast them any number of times per day.
3/3 First Level Spells Remaining
Cantrips Memorized (DC 13) : Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Flare, Disrupt Undead
First Level Spells (DC 14) : Color Spray, Obscuring Mist, Burning Hands
Arcane Pool: 4/4[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Oh did I forget to mention that?" She looks at Ehdge momentarily then refocuses on the approaching... whatever it was. She absently says "The Mural that opened this place up said something about following the Dragon in an Archaic form of the Goblin Language."

[sblock=Mini Stats] Fae'shiel Aeros (DalkonCledwin)
Initiative: +9
Armor Class: 17 (14 Flat-footed, 13 Touch)
Hit Points: 18 // Current: 18
BAB: +1 CMB: +3 CMD: 16
Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +3

Current Weapon: M.W. Longsword +4 (+2 w/ S.C.), 1d8+2, CRIT: 19-20/x2

Spells Per Day: Can memorize 4 Cantrips each day, but cast them any number of times per day.
3/3 First Level Spells Remaining
Cantrips Memorized (DC 13) : Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Flare, Empty Slot
First Level Spells (DC 14) : Color Spray, Obscuring Mist, Empty Slot
Arcane Pool: 4/4[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus sighs, nodding to Ehdge's question.

Wonder how we'll taste extra crispy.

Marcus shifts his shoulders, the comforting weight of the hammer over one shoulder and the quiver over the other, ready for him to snitch another arrow. Fae'shiel's off handed tone causes Marcus to quirk an eyebrow.

I'd be worried if I were you or Kazanto. Dragons like to devour maidens. Alive from the tales I've heard.

The arrow is ready to fire as he watches the cobwebs and the hallway.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Fae'shiel tries to recall what she knows about the particular breed of Dragon that was depicted on the Mural, trying to remember weather being crisped is really something that the group needed to be worried about, or whether it was something altogether different that they would need to be afraid of in this situation.

sunshadow21

Explorer
OOC: Wow, you like those natural 20's on knowledge type rolls, don't you? You know the following about black dragons:
They generally are associated with acid and water
They generally live in warm marshes such as the one you are near
There are stories that mention other abilities in other areas, but you would have to travel to the Great Marsh in order to be certain what you were hearing was accurate. There is simply too much hearsay floating around Venza, and not enough experts trying to correct it.

I will give @InVinoVeritas another day or two to post Kazanto's reaction, as I am in the middle of a busy couple of days workwise.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"I am uncertain, but crispy may be the wrong term for what these dragons do to people. Assuming that it is the same type of Dragon as what appeared on the Mural, then I am wagering that we are talking about Acid or High Pressure Water here." Fae'shiel says without looking at Ehdge or Marcus. She then says "I am not aware of anything that mentions maidens being a preferred meal specifically however."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads