• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF]Treasure Hunt

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Fae'shiel grabs her sword as she steps away from the spider that had just attacked her. Not wanting to get in any more trouble but likely just suffering another assault from the spider for the simple fact that she picked up her sword which had been laying on the ground.

[sblock=Mini Stats] Fae'shiel Aeros (DalkonCledwin)
Initiative: +9
Armor Class: 17 (14 Flat-footed, 13 Touch)
Hit Points: 18 // Current: 18
BAB: +1 CMB: +3 CMD: 16
Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +3

Current Weapon: M.W. Longsword +4 (+2 w/ S.C.), 1d8+2, CRIT: 19-20/x2

Spells Per Day: Can memorize 4 Cantrips each day, but cast them any number of times per day.
3/3 First Level Spells Remaining
Cantrips Memorized (DC 13) : Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Flare, Disrupt Undead
First Level Spells (DC 14) : Color Spray, Obscuring Mist, Burning Hands
Arcane Pool: 4/4[/sblock]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
As the black spider stays to attack, Kazanto ignores the red one and strikes at the black.

Her eyes glow a deeper red as she peers into the smoke to see what's beyond it (Gaze of Flames).

Last edited:

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus sees Ehdge's sword rise from the webs before him and stab at the spider. He draws another arrow, readies it and as the spider gets over the swordsman, he unloads another arrow into the red spider.

sunshadow21

Explorer
The red spider actually manages to survive it's perilous journey across the party's weapons, as Marcus's arrow just barely misses it as it flees down the hall. The black spider manages to move out of the way in time to avoid Ehdge's sword, but is unable to avoid Kazanto's weapon, taking some minor damage from that blow.

Looking down the hallway, with the cobwebs out of the way, Kazanto is able to see a small storeroom where the webbing is almost completely burnt. Unfortunately, some of the very dry wooden shelves have caught fire, and one of them suddenly collapses under the weights of the jars sitting on it. As the jars fall and break open, a new burst of flame and smoke emerge from the hallway as the oils inside become insta fuel for the now sizable fire going on in the small contained room. The smoke now contains an aromatic scent to it, and spreads out as it hits the more open room, sparing the party members caught in it from being completely choked. Still, it's thick enough to cause vision difficulties.
The black spider keeps moving along the wall, desperate for escape from both the smoke and the party. Lashing out once more at Fae'shiel, its fangs manage to sink in this time, doing some minor damage, and sending some poision through the maiden's veins.

[sblock=combat information]
SpidersRound3.jpg

Gray squares are smoke, and the occasional flame from the webs burning; Gray outline is treated as Obscuring Mist (except for Kazanto, who can see through it just fine): 20% miss chance 5 feet away, 50% miss chance and cannot use sight to detect target farther away than that

Ehdge 24/24
Fae'shiel 18/18
Kazanto 25/29
Marcus 14/22

Giant Spider, Black; 4 damage
Giant Spider, Red; 0 hp; fleeing[/sblock]

OOC: The party is up. Kazanto can take an AOO on the black spider; Ehdge and Fae'shiel could as well, but suffer a 20% mischance. I need a Fort DC 14 save from Fae'shiel or take 2 strength damage from the poison.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus glares after the retreating red spider, it's speed telling him it will get out of his range quickly. He turns back to see what is going on with the others, and thinks he can make out the form of the black spider hanging down long enough to swing at another figure in the smoke. His eyes watering a little from the smoke, he pulls another arrow and aims at the shadowy form that is up near the ceiling, praying that it is indeed the black spider. He pulls back on the bowstring and lets the shaft fly.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Init: +5
AC: 17 Flatfooted: 13 Touch: 14
HP: Current/Max 14/22
CMB: +4 CMD: 18 Fort: +4 Ref: +5 Will: +2
Weapon:
Longbow +5 To Hit, 1d08 damage, 20x3 crit
Arrows Used (Including this attack): 4
[/sblock]

Ehdge

First Post
OOC: If you make an attack of opportunity, does that negate your normal attack? Or did I do something wrong with my attack rolls? I'm not complaining. I just want to learn if I don't understand something or if I'm not doing something right. Thanks.

Ehdge

First Post
Ehdge swings at the spider as it passes him, and then steps over next to Fae'shiel and attacks it again with an overhand swing of his greatsword.

OOC: AoA attack, then 5' tactical step to J-18 and normal attack. EDIT: Looks like I don't need any damage rolls or a 20% miss chance roll. /sigh

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Ehdge
Combat Stats:
Initiative: +4
Armor Class: 17
Hit Points: 24 / 24
BAB: +2 CMB: 06 CMD: 18
Fort: +5 Ref: +2 Will: +0
Current Weapon:
MW Greatsword Att +08, Dam 2d6+6, Crit 19-20/x2
Notable Feats:
Power Attack: Trade melee attack bonus for damage.
Cleave: Make additional attack if the first one hits.
Step Up: Make 5' step as an immediate action.
[/sblock]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Kazanto strikes back out at the black spider, but then heads deeper into the storeroom, just to see what's burning, holding her breath if necessary.

Remove ads