• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF]Treasure Hunt

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus is grabbed, his arms pressed to his sides, causing his hammer to drop as he can't keep both hands on it. He glares into the semi-lifeless eyes of the beast hanging onto him a moment. He then smirks at the undead creature and nearly gives himself crippling whiplash as his head lurches forward and misses the thing completely as it gives him a squeeze just as he tries to headbutt it between the eyes.

Last edited:

DalkonCledwin

First Post
OOC: going to give Marcus an advantage on his next attempt to escape the bugbears grasp. Next time Marcus makes an attempt to escape the Bugbear he will gain a +10 bonus on either his Escape Artist or Combat Manuever to escape the Grapple.

Fae'shiel grimaces and then casts a quick spell. The spell ultimately isn't really designed for what she is using it for, but she figures it may work in a pinch, so she tries it anyways. What she attempts to do is to cast a spell that will coat Marcus in a slimy grease residue that should hopefully make it difficult for the Zombie to keep his grip on Marcus...

[sblock=Mini Stats] Fae'shiel Aeros (DalkonCledwin)
Initiative: +9
Armor Class: 17 (14 Flat-footed, 13 Touch)
Hit Points: 18 // Current: 18
BAB: +1 CMB: +3 CMD: 16
Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +3

Current Weapon: M.W. Longsword +4 (+2 w/ S.C.), 1d8+2, CRIT: 19-20/x2

Spells Per Day: Can memorize 4 Cantrips each day, but cast them any number of times per day.
3/3 First Level Spells Remaining
Cantrips Memorized (DC 13) : Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead
First Level Spells (DC 14) : Color Spray, Grease, Burning Hands
Arcane Pool: 4/4[/sblock]

Ehdge

First Post
Ehdge anxiously surveys the situation, waiting for a chance to do something helpful.

OOC: I am not really sure what action I can take without risking injury to Marcus.

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Ehdge
Combat Stats:
Initiative: +4
Armor Class: 17
Hit Points: 24 / 24
BAB: +2 CMB: 06 CMD: 18
Fort: +5 Ref: +2 Will: +0
Current Weapon:
MW Greatsword Att +08, Dam 2d6+6, Crit 19-20/x2
Notable Feats:
Power Attack: Trade melee attack bonus for damage.
Cleave: Make additional attack if the first one hits.
Step Up: Make 5' step as an immediate action.
[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
As Fae'shiel greases up Marcus like a runt pig, and Kazanto casts Protection from Evil on Ehdge, who waits anxiously to be able to help without hurting his ally, Marcus headbutts the creature, and while he is unable to break free, it is enough to keep the creature from pinning him further, so it's not entirely a waste of effort.

[sblock=combat information]
BossFightRound3.jpg

Ehdge 24/24; protection from evil; readied action
Fae'shiel 18/18
Kazanto 29/29
Marcus 12/22; grappled; greased

Bugbear zombie; grappled[/sblock]

OOC: I'm going to say that Ehdge continued to ready his action. The party is up. DC 21 is required to break the grapple.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus struggles and squirms in the massive grip of the owlbeast zombie. He doesn't seem to notice much when the gooey stuff inundates him at first, until he notices that he can now wriggle a lot better than he could. Not sure how this happened, or not caring at the moment, he gives a mighty twist of his upper torso in an effort to wrench himself free. He wriggles and slides a little in the beasts grasp, but isn't quite able to get free from it's supernatural like grip.

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
OOC: Skipping the others to try to move this fight along to a point where they can participate.

While Marcus is not quite able to break free on his own, he is able to do enough to cause the zombie to lose it's grip when it tries once more to pin the ranger down.

[sblock=combat information]
BossFightRound3.jpg

Ehdge 24/24; protection from evil; readied action
Fae'shiel 18/18
Kazanto 29/29
Marcus 12/22; greased

Bugbear zombie[/sblock]

OOC: I'm going to say that Ehdge continued to ready his action. The party is up.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Somehow Marcus gets free. He goes against his instinct, gathering himself and, leaving his hammer behind for the moment, backs away from the creature heading for the corner behind Ehdge, hoping the lad and his big sword will have better effect.

[sblock=Action]Disengaging and, if possible, moving back to the corner behind Ehdge.[/sblock]

Ehdge

First Post
Ehdge lets Marcus move around him and continues to watch the creature. He stands ready with his greatsword, poised on the edge of attack.

OOC: Keeping my attack ready and waiting for the beastie to step into range.

As the ugly brute comes at him, Ehdge swings at it with his greatsword and tense muscles from holding the attack for so long betray him and cause the blow to swing wide.

OOC: /sigh I'm assuming that misses, but I'll throw out a damage roll just in case to keep things moving.

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Ehdge
Combat Stats:
Initiative: +4
Armor Class: 17
Hit Points: 24 / 24
BAB: +2 CMB: 06 CMD: 18
Fort: +5 Ref: +2 Will: +0
Current Weapon:
MW Greatsword Att +08, Dam 2d6+6, Crit 19-20/x2
Notable Feats:
Power Attack: Trade melee attack bonus for damage.
Cleave: Make additional attack if the first one hits.
Step Up: Make 5' step as an immediate action.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

DalkonCledwin

First Post
OOC: if we are all still in this, before anyone else makes an action, can I get an updated map and a list of who still needs to act for this round?

Remove ads