• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

lvl 30 PvP single shot campeign

NimrodvanHall

First Post
we are going to play some kind of single shot ECL 30 campeign(sp?) with about 8 persons from different groups. its only intended as fun, nothing serious, and probably next to no RP involved.
its about minmaxing.

stats are 14 average, arange as desired between 3 and 18 than ad racial modifiers etc
the rest is as per RAW books allowed are anyting by WotC as long as it is 3.5 and i care to cary it with me. there is no GP limit on single items as long as the total value is no more than 4.300.000 gp the only feat banned in the Epicspell feat.

Edd and I dreamed up some weird idea and like to know if they are valid.

a halfblack dragon-wartroll(mm3) deathknight(dragonlance)(ecl 3+18+6=27) is there anything that can damage this?
this a wartroll has regen and only takes dmg from acid and treat the rest of subduel dmg.
death knight makes the bugger undead, and thus makes it not subject to subduel dmg, so the creature takes no dmg at all. as a bonus the deathknight is immume to turning/rebuking so that will not be a problem. As far as i know a magic item like a mace of disruption needs to do dmg first before its special effect goes off since this critter takes no dmg it should be immume in that department too.

my questions are
0 does the immumity to dmg idea work?
1 is there any way to kill this bugger?
2 what would be good to do with the last 3 availible lvls of this "thing"?
3 any gear suggestions above the obvious see invis/trueseeing and locomotion items

Kilroy

First Post
Remember those classic stories with the unkillable monster of ancient evil locked in the basement somewhere?

Yeah, that's you.

You want items to protect you from the sort of things that lock evil away until the end of time. Damage may not be your biggest threat.

Diirk

First Post
0. It works to an extent. You can be killed without taking damage, ie:
1. Undeath to Death is a good example ;)
2. get your saves/sr up as high as possible

Edit: Oh, another flaw in your plan. "A creature must have a Constitution score to have the regeneration ability."

Last edited:

Rackhir

Explorer
Well one major problem is that your character will have absolutely no chance of making saving throws vs 30th lv casters, due to a near total lack of Character levels as most templates do nothing about your saving throws. So the character probably can easily be taken care of by spells like Halt Undead, Force Cage, Imprisonment or Magic Jar.

You don't get feats, HD or other level based benefits from most templates. So you might have pretty few HD, pretty much just what you get from the base wartroll creature.

Wish/Miracle would also certainly permit damage to affect your character as well and 30th lv Char would have plenty of XP/Items to enable that. None of your abilities prevent damage from disintigration either and since it's no longer a Save or Die Spell, deathward doesn't protect you from it anymore. Heal I don't believe you would be immune to either.

Intiative is going to be key in any sort of PVP (you do mean Player VS Player by the PVP in the title?), so anything and everything that improves that would be helpful.

Sejs

First Post
ECL 27.

12 HD.

In a PvP type game against characters that'll be upwards of level 30.

...again, 12 HD.

If there are any spellcasters you will be in great danger.

NimrodvanHall

First Post
Diirk said:
0. It works to an extent. You can be killed without taking damage, ie:
1. Undeath to Death is a good example ;)
2. get your saves/sr up as high as possible

Edit: Oh, another flaw in your plan. "A creature must have a Constitution score to have the regeneration ability."

I knew there had to be something that would make this whole DMG immume thing not working :\ it seemed to be fun to be just unkilable.

well back to the drawing board for something that will be abled to dish out, some kind of mage like caster i presume.

Jack Simth

First Post
NimrodvanHall said:
I knew there had to be something that would make this whole DMG immume thing not working :\ it seemed to be fun to be just unkilable.

well back to the drawing board for something that will be abled to dish out, some kind of mage like caster i presume.
Check out the Ghost template in the SRD (I don't have Ghostwalk - look there as well; LA+0 ghosts!). Specifically, look at the Rejuvination ability. If you can swing 15 Hit Dice, you will make the DC 16 Rejuvination roll on a natural 1. Also see if you can find a copy of the Book of Exalted Deeds - Vow Of Poverty is great for a ghost (no alignment restrictions on a ghost, so you can do this), who can't readily re-equip anyway. Then take lots of spellcasting, and maybe try and find something to make yourself immune to turning/rebuking (especially rebuking - you auto-recover from being Destroyed; you can't recover from being Commanded without the intervention of others).

Rkhet

First Post
Cosmic descryer. Chaos-hammer-equivalent. Heh.

At that kind of levels any minmaxed char should be able to kill another one in a single round, (by messing around with Time Stop, for example). It's better to pump up the initiative, I would say.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads