M&M 3e Re-recruitment - (closed)

Jemal

Adventurer
Wow... create, TK, teleport, insubstantial, regen, and three separate attack types.. I know it's possible to describe almost any power under the auspices of 'electricity' but this very much seems like a 'power to have all powers' character.

Voda Vosa

First Post
I see most of them working under electricity descriptor except:
Electromagnetic field: Thoughness is the ability to coupe with damage, an electromagnetic field should be a shield or a force field power, not protection.
Instead of regeneration I would use absorb energy instead, makes more sense.
Create, since electricity is insubstantial, and also not a static thing.

Most of his powers are alternates, even teleport, so he can't abuse of them as much as he could if they were separate powers.

Graybeard

Explorer
I got some of the ideas for powers from the Power Profiles. I am willing to make changes to my character or submit an alternate.

Jemal

Adventurer
Sorry if I sounded a bit snippy, was posting from my cell at work and didn't have a lotta time to be succinct.
I didn't mean to come down on you, It's just that I've seen the whole 'electric power = win' thing in several games, and it's always bothered me that Electric Hero's tend to so insanely powerful and versatile. Any one of those powers can be enough to base an entire character around, so having a half dozen just makes me raise eyebrows.

But I'm not the GM this time, so it's VV's call. :)

Voidrazor

First Post
I'm interested in throwing my hat into the ring. The concept I have percolating is a versatile nanotech-based mad scientist with robot minions. He'd definitely have a villainous mastermind persona, but would be much more into gloating and deathtraps than actually killing enemies. Does that sound workable?

Walking Dad

First Post

But I'm not the GM this time, so it's VV's call. :)
I thought I was the GM...

Graybeard, can you explain what he creates with the create effect? What about limiting move object to ferrous materials? I also dislike Regeneration that is hard to translate into actual rounds in mid combat (1.66 rounds work how exactly?).

Teleport with transmit and turning into electricity is fine by me.

Walking Dad

First Post
I'm interested in throwing my hat into the ring. The concept I have percolating is a versatile nanotech-based mad scientist with robot minions. He'd definitely have a villainous mastermind persona, but would be much more into gloating and deathtraps than actually killing enemies. Does that sound workable?
Well, I would like to see how you build these powers. How are you intend to play his gloating and deathtrap fetish?

Jemal

Adventurer
lol sorry, was just reading one of VV's posts in my other game and had his name on my brain many apologies. *Bows deeply*

Voidrazor

First Post
Well, I would like to see how you build these powers. How are you intend to play his gloating and deathtrap fetish?
For the powers, I would ideally like to have a few versions of Summon in an array (so either a bunch of PL ~8 fodder bots, or one heroic robot avatar, or a few bomb-bots). The character himself, again ideally, wouldn't be much for slugging it out. But would instead operate remotely, be insubstantial, or be on the scene and nebbish-like but have fast regeneration.

The deathtrap fetish would come out anytime we got the order to dispose of enemies, "I'll take care of it, MUAHAHAHA!". And in other ways as inspiration occurs.

Remove ads