M&M - Chosen (Recruiting Closed)

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
First draft :

Jean Van den Abel

A second generation immigrant from Belgium, he is single children of two overachievers (Mother is a docror, father an engineer). As such it was a foregone conclusions that he would enroll in a prestigious university.

The only problem was that Jean had no clue what he wanted to do with his life and as a result was a severely anxious freshman. The discovery of his powers was therefore felt as a relief, the perfect escape. He embraces his powers and isn't shy about them.

He is laid back, no very ambitious but really apreciates his material confort. He doesn't take life very seriously and will joke about anything. He can be caustic and his altruistic gene isn't very developped but he is a decent man and wouldn't let someone get hurt by his inactions. Assuming mutants are uncommon in the campaign, it forces him to take a bit more responsibilities than he cares to. (If mutants are common, then I'll make him a bit more of a boy scout)

Powers will be Telekinesis (Altermate power: Blast), Force Field (impervious but limited to physical) and Flight.

Drawback... Well, I'll need more details. But I gotta say I loath Superman for his inane kryptonite weakness (beside of course his incoherant powers) and I'd hope to be able to avoid something of the sort.

Jemal

Adventurer
Assuming mutants are uncommon in the campaign, it forces him to take a bit more responsibilities than he cares to. (If mutants are common, then I'll make him a bit more of a boy scout)
Well, considering the entire premise of the campaign is that there ARE NO SUPERS, and that as far as your character is aware at the start of the series, He alone out of the entire world has developed super powers (Within the last month), I think it's safe to assume that mutants are - to say the least - rare.

Drawback... Well, I'll need more details. But I gotta say I loath Superman for his inane kryptonite weakness (beside of course his incoherant powers) and I'd hope to be able to avoid something of the sort.

What kind of details? I've allready told everything about the campaign that your character would know at start.

Walking Dad

First Post
Would an alternate form: crystal / tough guy be fine?

Powers much like Diamondhead from the ben 10 kids show.

Basically a solid form with a strike, blast, create object (limited) array.

Create object limits would be material (crystal) and range touch (grew from body).

Major vulnerability against sonic based attacks.

Jemal

Adventurer
Reveille -
First, no ressurection. I dislike the concept of ressurections in most of my games, and it won't suit this one.
Second, Power Feats cost 1 point, just like normal feats, though the cost is added on to that of the power you purchase them for.

Shayuri - Here's my thoughts on the characters:
Facade - I love the concept, but the amnesia thing isn't exactly something I'd wanted to deal with. I may make an exception simply b/c this is my favourite of your character concepts.
Max - what exactly were you thinking for him? Powerful blasts combined with uncontrollable or some such?
Casper - Sounds like a ghost character, but her power description seems to indicate a speedster who can only operate at night. Care to elaborate? If it's the latter, that would be a far more imposing drawback than I'd intended. (Don't forget your problems with Calypso)
Stormbairn - Weather control could be interesting, but do keep in mind that your powers have only arisen within the last month.

My clear favourite would be Facade, if not for the amnesia. In most campaigns it wouldn't be a problem, but I'd hoped to have everybody know/trust each other as their powers grew and people found out about them, so you'd instinctively turn to each other. I'll think on it.

Relique - Actually, I really like that concept, provided the created objects are only temporary. Hehe, you could call the character Nolzur (Cookie to the first geek who gets the reference, shouldn't be too hard on a gamer board)

Maniac - Good, straight forward, short & sweet. I like it.

List of interested

Mal Malenkirk
Shayuri
Reveille
Relique du Madde
A Passing Maniac
Bialaska

If nobody else proposes a new concept within the next day, I'll close with who we have and take the 6 of you.

Jemal

Adventurer
And while i was writing Walking_Dad posted. :p Well, guess that makes 7 interested now.

WD - Hmm, That seems like a rather wide array of powers. If you dropped the Create Objects I'd be cool with it, though DO keep in mind that your powers 'developed' within the last month, and as far as the world is concerned there's no such thing as mutants/aliens/super-powered people. A guy who suddenly turned into a diamond-man would be a media freak instantly.

Walking Dad

First Post
Hm. you are right, alternare form is maybe a bit obvious. As a great Ice-Man fan, what about a counter weight character to Jack.

Powers much like Ice-Man without alternate form.

Highschool comic geek with a near permanent pneumonia. Suddenly 'healed', suddenly evolved.

No idea for the drawback for now. (Not heat, to obvious)

(Looks like a great change, but there are following archetypes I want to ery sinc I read M&M:

Shapeshifter, Plant Power, Cyro, Object Mimicry.

The crystal guy was just a more recent idea.

Bialaska

First Post
DAISY-LYNN LEWIS
PL 8 - 120 PP

Daisy-Lynn was raised into a rather standard trailer-trash family in the slums of Hixville. She was raised primarily by her father Bobby-Joe Lewis, since her mother had left the family behind when Daisy-Lynn was only 4 years old, in favor of some other man, one with more success in life. And unfortunately finances were tight for Bobby-Joe, so he was forced to spend 14 hours or more per day, in order to keep food on the table for himself and his daughter.
Now if this was a fairy tale, Daisy-Lynn would have grown up to be a beautiful young woman and she would be saved by a knight in a shining armor. But fairy tales are not real, and Daisy-Lynn was not a beauty, instead she was rather bland looking, some would even describe her as looking slightly geeky, wearing baggy clothings and with a hair that was never really easy to tame.
School was never what had her greatest interest. Mostly since she had only few friends and was one of those suffering from being teased But she also knew that if she wanted any hope of ever escaping the trailer park, she would need good grades and get some education, since chances of her finding a rich husband were almost equal to nil. Unfortunately her talents weren't really focused on school work, in fact she seemed to lack any particular talent at anything, being rather average in all subjects.
It seemed clear that Daisy-Lynn was destined to remain in the trailer park for the rest of her life, eventually finding herself a husband and breeding some children. Sure she spent most of her spare time reading about gossip, imagining herself in the shoes of celebrities, dreaming of being a famous actress or singer or perhaps a Hollywood movie star.
Daisy-Lynn's life changed a week ago, when some strange rock smashed through her window while she was sleeping, waking her up in the process. As she got up, she saw what appeared to be a normal looking rock. It appeared that someone was harrassing her for some reason, but there was not really anything she could do about it. As she was about to start cleaning up, she picked up the rock and that's when things happened.
It started glowing with blue and appeared like it was morphing itself, beginning to cover her hand, before she even had time to release it or throw it away. The next few minutes she does not remember, except that they were filled with immense pain, as the blue metallic substance covered her. She felt it forcing itself through her eyelids, inside her ears, forcing itself through her nose and mouth and even forcing itself through the pores in the skin. In the end she was fortunate enough that she passed out.
When Daisy-Lynn awoke she found herself being back to normal, though it appeared as if a tornado had ravaged her room. But she still somehow had a feeling that something was different, though she could not put her finger on it. It wasn't until after she had cleaned up, putting some cardboard in front of the window, that she somehow was able to focus on it. It was some sentence just hovering on the edge of her consciousness and with a little effort she could remember it, though she had no idea what it was meant to do. But she found out when she said it out loud, as she found the blue substance pouring out of her and covering her. She was utterly freaked out after that, but eventually calmed down and then found that she simply had to concentrate to return to normal again.
It took a few days before she tried to transform once again, realizing that when she was covered she was able to perform feats one thought was impossible, possessing a strength capable of lifting cars effortlessly. Daisy-Lynn still does not know what to do with those powers, though she's not as freaked out about them anymore.

daisyqb8.jpg

ABILITIES: STR 32 [12] (+11), DEX 10 (+0), CON 32 [12] (+11), INT 10 (+0), WIS 10 (+0), CHA 10 (+0)

SKILLS: Knowledge (Art) 1 (+1), Knowledge (Business)1 (+1), Knowledge (Current Events) 2 (+2), Knowledge History 1 (+1), Knowledge (Popular Culture) 6 (+6)

FEATS:

POWERS: [source is alien for all powers]
Enhanced Strength 20
Enhanced Constitution 20
Impervious Toughness 8
Super-Strength 10 (64 tons/125 tons/200 tons)
Immovable 10 (Extra: Unstoppable)
Speed 4 (Alternate power: Leaping)
Immunity 9 (Life Support)
Enhanced Will Save 8
Enhanced Defense Bonus 2
Enhanced Attack Bonus 2

SAVES: Toughness 11 (impervious 8), Fortitude 11, Reflex 0, Will 8

COMBAT: Attack +2 [Unarmed 11 dmg], Defense 12 (12 flat-footed), Init +0, Grapple +26, Knockback -20

DRAWBACKS: Normal Identity (normal identity with no powers, shifts as full-round action, must be able to say transformation, common frequency, major intensity), Noticeable (enhanced constitution, uncommon, minor)

Trade offs - -3 dodge (5 max), +3 toughness (11 max), -3 attack (5 max), +3 damage (11 max)
Attributes 4 + Skills 3 + Feats 0 + Powers 118 + Saves 0 + Combat 0 + Drawbacks -5 = 120 PP

Bialaska

First Post
It's typical that one posts and then when it finally goes through there are 5 more posts and the concept one just thought up has been shot down. :(

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Reveille -

Relique - Actually, I really like that concept, provided the created objects are only temporary. Hehe, you could call the character Nolzur (Cookie to the first geek who gets the reference, shouldn't be too hard on a gamer board)

I refined my idea a bit during my hour and a half drive home from my gf's place.

The character's name is going to be Edgar Allan Philips. He's going to have create object (temporary of course) and illusion for his powers with Illusion being his main power. I kind of imagine him being like Baron von Munchhausen (from the movie) in the respects that he has the ability to to create illusions/object through the act of story telling or by concentrating on artwork he created (note that the artwork fades after it's used). This means that his drawbacks will be a powerless: Must speak or have personal artwork available.

I imagine Edgar as being tall, lanky with an "emo-ish" hairstyle and wearing round glasses, an oversize army jacket (bought from a vintage store), long cargo shorts and low top boots.

I should have him stated out tomorrow afternoon.

Last edited:

Remove ads