• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M&M - Foot in the Door [Full]

Gramcrackered

First Post
Freedom City. Home to towering skyscrapers, all packed to near bursting with hard-working business men and women. Gathering point for brilliant minds, all intent on pushing the boundries of every field of science. Central location for hundreds of ships, all glad to enter into its friendly port and unload their many goods.

As it so happens, Freedom City is also ground-zero for every masked nutball this side of the continent. Whether you've got a tendency to spout uplifting (albeit nonsensical) patriotic messages or are simply overcome with a desire to take over the globe with only a lot of ice cubes and the world's largest hairdryer, odds are you've spent at least some time here. Like they say; if you can make it in Freedom City, you can make it anywhere.

Which is damn irritating for you, because although you've been working your ass off to try and get some recognition here, all you've really managed thus far is to ruin a couple of perfectly good costumes. Every damn time you show up to stop a crime, either no reporters show up or a regular zoo of superheroes appear and do the work for you.

Out of desperation, you and your group of like-minded friends have seated yourselves in the crime capital of Freedom City: The Freedom City First National Bank. Sure, that sounds bizarre, until you realize that this place gets robbed nearly every day of the week. Odds are, if you wait here long enough, some foolish villian will burst in through those front doors, gun waving and the words-

"Everybody get down! This is a robbery!"

-Well. That's damn convenient. Seems like said villian has just entered the building, gun, silly costume and all.
Looks like it's time to get to work.

Foot in the Door is a light, four-color comic campaign, mirrored off of a story I ran with some friends of mine. PL is 10. Focus initially will be on the players and their attempts to get fame in a city that already has all the heroes it could possibly want.
This means there are three requirements for characters.
1: You have to be a superhero. That in itself should be pretty obvious.
2: You have to have, at best, a border-line level of recognition. No being the talk of the town just yet.
3: Everyone will be working with each other from the start. You don't have to know or like each other, but you do have to work with each other. The reason my in-person group decided to go with was that they all connected through a "Supers Seeking Supers" website. Sort of like one of those dating connection websites, only with more laser vision.

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Gram, cool idea. :) I think you'll do a wonderful job with running this game on ENworld, but their might be a better place for you to run this...

Freedom City PbP

The whole forum is set up to mimic the city, your heroes don't "disappear" if the DM goes inactive and you can drop them into another game... you can even get PP rewarded to your own hero by running incidents and campaigns.

It really has more to offer a Freedom City campaign than ENworld does, and I should know, I’ve been playing on ENworld for over a year, and I’m a PbP moderator, and I’ve been playing on this forum for almost as long.

So anyhow look it over. Of course you can stay here and run this game on ENworld, I’m not tossing you out or asking you to leave, I’m just showing you an option you might not know of. :)

Thanks
BS

PS If you do decided to run this or something else on the other board drop a note in the OOC talk

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Gram, cool idea. I think you'll do a wonderful job with running this game on ENworld, but their might be a better place for you to run this...

shhh don't say that. The game looks interesting, so I may join if it is here.

Tokiwong

First Post
Looks cool :) if it is here a Captain America type, or a Mentalist ala Jean Grey or Prof. X, or skilled normal ala Batman named Nightchild ;)

Last edited:

Kevin Perrine

First Post
Velmont said:
shhh don't say that. The game looks interesting, so I may join if it is here.

Yeah, I'd agree - besides I like the idea that I'm "special" a little... this is one reason I've always disliked massive multi-online games.

anyway - I'd love to play... it seems every game I try to be a part of (or even run) seems to be slower than I'd wanted, so playing would be fun.

I'd dig playing a big BRICK type character... SUPER strong among some other fun things.

Let me know if this is on and I'll spend some time on developing the idea more. :)

thanks
-kev-

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Count me in, too. Believe it or not, I will get my act back together and adjust to being back at work instead of on summer vacation. When I do, BAM!, I'll be posting like a fool again.

:D

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Kevin Perrine said:
Yeah, I'd agree - besides I like the idea that I'm "special" a little... this is one reason I've always disliked massive multi-online games.

Isn't that like the exact opposite of what this game is offering? :p :lol:

Not sure what I'll end up playing... :\

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
I would like to try an elementalist type. It would be or Air or Electricity. That last one will be a bit more complex, as he will be able to manipulate every type of electric energy, raw (ligthing bolt), fine (electronics) and even bioelectricity (body).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads