• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M&M: Freedom City Issue 2

bkmanis

First Post
Monday May 5th

Hidden Base Conference Room

20:00EST

You all take seats around the conference table as Benson activates a large screen on the wall, an overview map of the city appears on the screen.

"All right lets get started." Benson says, calling the room to order. "This meeting is to go over the general trouble spots in the city, and to bring you up to speed on some of the situations we are aware of." Benson says turning to the screen.

"First off there has been a dramatic increase in violent crimes in Southside, part of this was due to the alleged vampires that some of you have encountered. But there has also been an increase in gang related crimes, and there is evidence of paranormal involvement with these gangs. That may be something we will have to look into." Benson turns from the map and looks at a PC tablet on the table. "Also there is an update on the vampires that you captured the other day. We have received information from our contacts within Blackstone Prison that the four vampires went into some kind of seizure and were taken to the infirmary. Apparently there was some kind of power surge that knock out the surveillance cameras in the infirmary, when the guards arrived they found two guards dead from broken necks, and a nurse dead from apparent blood loss. The guards found three bodies burnt beyond recognition, which means one of the vampires must have escaped. The police are treating this as a prison break." Benson pauses for a moment and checks the tablet.

"Next there have been several break-ins at some of the high tech company buildings located in Hanover. Nothing has been reported stolen, so the thief hasn’t found what he is looking for or the companies are unwilling to report whatever was stolen. Fortunately none of the Fortune buildings have been hit as of yet." Benson checks the tablet and continues.

"Lastly I just wanted to remind you about coming up with a team name and about costumes. If you have any suggestion just let me know, the sooner we agree on a name the better. As for costumes that is just a suggestion, just think it over and let me know." Benson then takes something out of his pocket and walks over to Velocity. "This is something our tech boys came up with." He says handing Velocity an eyepiece communicator. "This was a diagnostic tool used by the tech boys when they work with Alice. It has been upgraded some so you can receive text messages and even video feed from Alice. The others will be able to hear what you say and anything they say Alice will send it to you as text." Benson moves back to the head of the table.

"That’s all we have for now, we should discuss some sort of patrol schedule especially for these trouble areas. So are there any questions?" He asks.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Geomancer drums his fingers on the table a bit before speaking.

"About the vampiric jail break,
are we quite certain that one
of the four his freedom did take?
For us to avoid any deception,
positive eye deez we need to make.

"Also, which vampire did flee?
About him is there anything we know?
I'm no expert, but seems to me
such data might point where to go.

"The problems in Southside seem most pressing,
especially if the vampires are involved.
Focusing there could be a double blessing.
Success could see two problems solved.
"

The rhyming doctor pauses to sip his coffee.

"The Hanover thefts sound like a job inside.
The only reason to not file a police report
is because the victims have something to hide.
"

OOC: I rock! :D

Last edited:

Velocity sits quietly while Benson rambles on about trouble spots and patrol schedules. When he notices Geomancer speaking, he tries paying attention to the rhymes but after a moment, he rolls his eyes and turns to Benson. "I have no ideas for a team name. As far as patrol schedules, lets get it sorted out as I have some other personal work to attend to."

maddmic

Explorer
Leech listens patiently to Benson and the poet. After Velocity speaks, he too chimes in. "Ok, so how about X Factor for our name? I mean nobody else has come up with anything as of yet. As for the uniforms, I'm guessing that it's going to be hard to have something that everybody can agree on. I prefer what I'm wearing only because it's easiest for me to move around in. So B, I guess I'd have to vote on the south side as well as these vampires seem to be worrying so many people."

bkmanis

First Post
Originally posted by Mark Chance
"About the vampiric jail break,
are we quite certain that one
of the four his freedom did take?
For us to avoid any deception,
positive eye deez we need to make.

"Also, which vampire did flee?
About him is there anything we know?
I'm no expert, but seems to me
such data might point where to go."

“The reason that they believe one of them escaped is that they can only account for three bodies.” Benson responds. They are not sure which one escaped because the three bodies are burned beyond recognition.”

Originally posted by Mark Chance
"The Hanover thefts sound like a job inside.
The only reason to not file a police report
is because the victims have something to hide."

“There were police reports filed about the break-ins, but the companies reported nothing was stolen. So the question is, why would someone break into a research facility and not take anything?” Benson asks.

“As for patrols, I suggest that two of you on patrol with the rest on standby. We can take volunteers or pick randomly.” Benson suggests. “We can start the patrols in the Southside.”

As for the name, X-Factor, was there any meaning to this name or did you pull it out of thin air?” Benson asks Leech.

Aenion

First Post
"I think X-factor sounds pretty cool," Une says to both Benson and Leech sitting back in her chair.

At the mention of volunteers for the patrols, she quickly sits up, "Ooh, can I go?"

maddmic

Explorer
Leech nods to the girl and then turns back to Benson. "Well B, I think it's got a purpose other than sounding cool. I mean the other groups are out of town or out of contact, so we ARE the X-Factor. The thing that no villains are counting on encountering. We are then only organized group that's left until the others get back.

Hell!

"I don't care to much about the name of our little group here. X-factor, is ok. I like the Outsiders. Whatever you all pick is fine though." Hell gets up as he says that, "As for patrolling, that sounds like a great idea. I's love to go on patrol."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
"Outsiders has better appeal to me than X-factor, however, I rather like Guardians as team name option as well," Cosmo proposed. "I personally would like for us to deal with the creatures that killed those women the other night - the night we all met. I feel there is some justice yet to be delivered, particularly to the woman vampire that fled."

Remove ads