• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M&M game interest?

Walking Dad

First Post
I would say Young Justice should be more PL 8 and less PL 6 from what I have seen. M&M also had always a tendency to work the better the more you keep near to PL 10.

fireinthedust

Explorer
True. And perfect to compare to a group of PL8 characters.

I'm not seeing a huge pile of interest here. Red Sands is really going, though, so maybe they maxed out the M&M population of ENworld? My impression was the GM really has a solid idea of what setting they want to run.

Walking Dad

First Post
True. And perfect to compare to a group of PL8 characters.
I'm not sure if you are ironic here...

I'm not seeing a huge pile of interest here. Red Sands is really going, though, so maybe they maxed out the M&M population of ENworld? My impression was the GM really has a solid idea of what setting they want to run.
Could also be the Christmas slowdown and people waiting for the M&M 3e pdf to come out soon.

fireinthedust

Explorer
Not ironic: the levels for Batman and Superman work fine if the PCs are created with PL8 or so in mind. The grown-up heroes should be more powerful, in that they're already at their prime, a cut above. Daunting, really. If played up, the familiar being daunting can up the ante for familiar villains as well: if the Joker takes out the Batman, what's he gonna do to us?

Christmas Slowdown: of course! That's what it is; thought the boards just hated M&M (or worse, me!). Man, I hate slowdown. I'm on all the time, why isn't everyone else?! [/rant]

drothgery

First Post
Christmas Slowdown: of course! That's what it is; thought the boards just hated M&M (or worse, me!). Man, I hate slowdown. I'm on all the time, why isn't everyone else?! [/rant]

There was a decent amount of interest in this M&M game last month: http://www.enworld.org/forum/talking-talk/296487-insights-agents-artemis-m-m2e-ooc-thread.html , though it didn't get started. And I didn't have problems finding players for a Buffyverse M&M game a couple of years ago (unfortunately, I had to shut it down when I got swamped by work).

Insight

Adventurer
Yeah, I didn't have any trouble getting 6-8 people interested enough to pitch character concepts. From my own "interest" thread for that game, people seemed to want a solid idea presented before they would pitch a character idea. Basically, what game do you want to run? It seems easier to attract players if they know what the game will be.

fireinthedust

Explorer
fair enough. having options and input, though, would be good for players who take initiative, at least I thought so.

I'm more interested in players than just pitching a setting. Fun players are fantastic, so that was the focus.

Meh, post exams I'll have a better idea of what to do. I've got this and PFe20 to run, plus a home game. sigh.

Remove ads