[M&M] Mutant High[Full]

Radiant

First Post
I think id take 5 characters. Ill reserve a place for Shalimar and Toki for bringing the whole thing up in the first place so id still take three other players.

On bringing up characters: ill be happy to read about any character idea you can come up with but i wont read stats without backgrounds. So please give me a concept first cause if i dont know who the guy is i wont even take a look at any posted stats. Those can come in later, for me they are the least important part.

Chamber

unused pp: 3

Str:12+1
Dex: 18+4
Con:18+4
Int: 14+2
Wis:14+2
Cha:10+0

Damg: +7 Fort: +4 Refl:+4 Will: +4

Defense: +12
Intiative: +4
Hero points: 4
BAB:+8
Melee:+9
Ranged:+12

Feats:
Immunities:
Critical Hits
Disease
Starvation
Suffication
Poison
Penetrating Attack (Energy blasts)
Power immunity
Indomitable will
Iron will

Skills: Computers: +4, Concentration: +8, Knowledge(pop culture): +6, Knowledge(Streetwise): +6, Perform(guitar): +6

Powers:
Energy Blasts (Psionic) +8, Deflection
Telepathy +2, limit: Communication only
Amazing save (Damage) +3

Jonothon Evan Starsmore left England shortly after his mutant powers manifested in hopes of finding someone that could help him learn to control the vast power inside him. When his mutant ability manifested itself in a large blast of psionic energy, Jonothon blew a hole in his body that stretches from his mouth to his lower torso, and cost his then girlfriend, Lady Gayle Edgarton, the use of her legs. After that Jonothan became somewhat with drawn from others. He hides his disfigurement as well as he can using leather wraps to contain the boiling mass of energy. Chamber is five foot nine inches tall and wieghs about 140lbs. He has brown eyes and redish-brown hair.

Chamber is a mutant who is naturally composed of pure psionic energy. With the injuries he suffered when his powers manifested, Chamber has no need to eat, drink, or breathe. It has been theorized that his body is merely an unliving shell to contain his psionic energy, since his body currently lacks major organs, such as heart and lungs.

Chamber is able to project large blasts of psionic energy from the area where his torso existed, and is also capable of telepathic speech. His telepathic speech is his only way of communication, since his initial blast destroyed his mouth, voice box, and lungs.

Attachments

• chamber resize.jpg
    chamber resize.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

Radiant

First Post
normaly i wouldnt allow taking the whole character over (i dont mind rip offs) but ill make an exception for chamber since he realy isnt that well known.

Radiant said:
normaly i wouldnt allow taking the whole character over (i dont mind rip offs) but ill make an exception for chamber since he realy isnt that well known.

Excellent!:D I normally don't go for wholesale rip offs either, but in this case it's a favorite character i've been dieing to play.

Shalimar

First Post
Heres a rough scetch of her background I need a bit more info on Brave New world to flesh it out some more, such as, are mutants public knowledge? Are they hated, feared, etc ? How long has this academy been around? who is in charge?

The reason I need this info is to adjust her background from what it is currently.

Eris Prifty
Appearance: Eris is petite, she has an indescribable fluidity and grace in her movements. She is easily classed as very attractive, and could do modeling work, there is just something about her that screams animal attraction and sex, probably her pheromones (Super-Charisma). Her hair is dyed a lightish pink, though her natural color shows her to be the ideal of WASP breeding, delicate cheek-bones, and startlingly blue eyes, over which she wears lilac contact lenses.

Personality: Eris is a friendly and cheerful person, seemingly grateful for everything she has, though she is competitive and terretorial to a fault with anyone she sees as a possible usurper of her place. This terretoriality is likely due to her animalistic powers, and is also the source of her "wild child" attitude.

QOUTE: "You smell like prey."

History:
I was born to John and Jayne Prifty in xxxx (whatever year that makes her 16 in game), on our family estates. My father was the CEO of Chemical company called Samtac, so we didn't lack for anything, always having servants around to fufill our whims, I was born with the world before me on a silver platter, well, almost.

You see, I was born different, something special, a mutant, something some rejoice at, but to my father, it was the worst possible thing in the world, an embaressment, an abnormality, something that could ruin his status.

He hated me for it, not that anyone knew it right away, no, that didn't happen till puberty when my body started to change. I became faster, more agile, my senses sharpened beyond anything a human at their peak could do, I also became stronger. But that wasn't the only thing that changed, my attidue changed, at first he thought it was just puberty and a rebelious phase, it was the first thing we noticed after-all.

When he finally understood exactkly what I was, he felt the need to hide me away out of shame. In an attempt to cure me he had me admitted to a mental hosptital, he wanted me 'cured' in private, and if he couldn't have that, he would treat the symptoms. They tranqued me up, or tried to, but my metabolism was fast enough to nullify the effects of the drugs after a few minutes.

Seeing as how that didn't work, the orderlies took to beating me to keep me down, my dad even encouraged this, he told me proudly that they would beat it out of me. every day they beat me, a bunch of grown men hitting and kicking a child, just because I was a little different.

I was lucky, very lucky, my strength and speed were growing further and further beyond human limits, eventually, it was enough. that last night in the hospital I had two black eyes and broken ribs, so they decided not as many orderlies were needed, I was able to break free with my new strength, and escape to the streets. I was in bad shape, bleeding from all kinds of injuries, even my nose was broken. I had nowhere to go, I couldn't even go to the emergency room to get fixed up, not that I can stand any hospital after what they did to me, but even if I somehow got over my fears they would just call my father, and put me back into the mental hospital.

I had collapsed on a bench crying when he(He, or She being the one in charge of the Academy) found me. (S)He took me in, didn't want anything in return for patching me up, only that I stay with him (her) at his academy to learn to use my powers to help people. I have been here ever since, learning, hiding, healing, though the external scars are gone, I'm still afraid, some nights, most nights, I wake up with my cheek's salty with tears, my voice husky from screaming at the nightmares.

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
Sir Osis of Liver said:

Excellent!:D I normally don't go for wholesale rip offs either, but in this case it's a favorite character i've been dieing to play.

Chamber's my second favorite, right after sync :p

First draft of my character (Background may need some working on, since I have a few of the same questions as Shalimar), hope you like him :)

"Err, what color was my hair and eyes before I changed? No clue, really."

Paracelsus: PL 8, Init +7 (+3 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative); Defense 17 (+4 Base, +3 Dex); Spd 30 ft.; Atk +8 melee (+2S Punch), +9 ranged (Varies); Sv Dmg +5, Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +1, Str 14 Dex 16 Con 17 Int 14 Wis 12 Cha 12.

Skills: Hide +5 [2], Sense Motive +3 [2]
Feats: Blind-Fight, Blindsight, Durability, Immunities (From Alternate Form): Critical Hits, Disease, Exhaustion, Radiation, Poison, Pressure, Starvation, and Suffocation; Improved Initiative, Rapid Healing, Toughness

Powers:
Alternate Form (Solid) +8 (Power Stunts: Extra Forms: Energy [Fire] -Energy Field-, Energy [Electricity] -Energy Blast-, Explosive, Gaseous, Liquid, Semisolid, Shadow; Extras: Amazing Save [Fortitude and Reflex], Flaws: Permanent; 5 pp; Cost: 40 pp) [Source: Mutation]
Regeneration +5 (2 pp; Cost 10 pp) [Source: Mutation]

Weakness: Disturbing

Totaled Up:
Stats: 25, Powers: 50, Skills: 4, Feats: 26, Abilities: 26 (+6 BAB, +4 BDB)=135/135

Eyes blinked curiously at the sight of the boy...no, thing. Originally thought to be the body of a dead child, buried in the sand, onlookers were shocked to find that the body was seemingly composed out of sand. Minutes before, a phone call was made, and now, the headlights of a black van flash upon the boy. Even as government agents disperse the crowd and lift him into the van, the boy remains motionless...he can feel them around him, sense their presence, but he feels unable to do anything about it, he feels too weak...he passes out.

He dreams about a bright place, where he's lying down on a table. Squinting his eyes, he looks around the room and sees a group of figures surround him. He can't see their faces, but he hears part of what they say, he hears them calling him "Paracelsus"*. Is that his name? He tries to remember, but his mind is too fogged up to think clearly. He regains conscious for a moment, but everything around him is too dark for him to see. Thunder strikes outside, with a crack of lightning illuminating the van. Seeing a small crack in the vehicle, past the agents surrounding him, his body instinctively shifts into liquid water. The agents who were monitoring him become alert that he's escaping, but he doesn't care, he feels like he's going to pass out again soon.

As the van stops, his body already leaked out onto the road, and coupled with the rain, he escaped completely from all sight. After that point, he doesn't remember anything until the next morning, when he's discovered by (Insert good guys here), who take him back with them to (Insert Academy here)...

Paracelsus (or Patrick, as he calls himself, after noticing how people have a hard time saying or remembering his name), is a young delta, approximately in his mid-late teens, with the ability to shift his body into a variety of forms as the situation arises, only recently being able to control which form he shifts in to. He is an amnesiac, unable to remember much of his past besides vague nightmares and also has trouble communicating with others because of his form. He remains slightly reclusive, but acknowledges his own need for communication with others. He doesn't really care for his past, perhaps out of fear or maybe he hasn't quite realized what has happened to him. Either way, he just seems to care about surviving at the moment, and learning more about his new self.

Personality-Patrick seems to be self-conscious of people around him, even if he pretends not to care. He knows he's different, even from other mutants, so he remains relatively quiet. He sometimes comes off as a bit judgemental, but he tries to adapt whatever's in front of him as best as he can.

*Paracelsus was a 13th century alchemist who revived the Aristotelian theory of the elements.

-Edit-Added a personality bank, but not sure if that's enough. I'll try and edit more in either later tonight or tomorrow, though.

Last edited:

Remove ads